First Character to unlock?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazer93

11-26-2010

Hi i just started playing yesterday i am almost on 2000 ip
and was wondering what is a good first character to buy i like the sound of Rammus is he good and what characters do you recommend.

I like vladimir-Annie-blitzcrank is ok

Mr Testiclez

11-26-2010

Morde or Shen because you sound like you play tanks. But it's a vague answer for a vague question.

Belbin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2010

I would suggest that you do not buy a champion you have not played before. Sure Rammus may sound good, but do you think you can get used to his style of play? Are you willing to learn how to jungle with him, which builds to use, to learn how to itemize agaisnt different opponents? Rammus is one of my favorite champions so do not think I am trying to convince you not to get him. It is just out of past experience that I reccomend you play a champion before you buy them, especially since you need all the IP you can get for buying rune pages at 20.

Griefherald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2010

If you happen to have a facebook account, you get a Tristana, complete with an alternate costume, free of charge. She's a good baseline ranged carry, good for getting a feel on how carries function in LoL. As for suiting your tastes, Rammus is great for only 3150, and he'll serve you well as you climb in experience. Playing Rammus gets more complex as you're matched with more difficult opponents as you learn; it's fine to start out in a lane with another player at low summoner level, but eventually you'll be expected to "jungle", which means leveling up solely off the neutral monsters in the forest(and the occasional surprise kill in lanes). Fortunately, Rammus excels at this.

Medusa

11-26-2010

If you haven't got one already, id suggest building up to 6300 IP since by that time youl have an even better understanding of the game and what type of champ youd most like to play. Also you have the option then to buy any champ (or two 3150's etc) Id say pick Anivia for 6300 but im biased :P

GoldFlower

11-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griefherald View Post
If you happen to have a facebook account, you get a Tristana, complete with an alternate costume, free of charge. She's a good baseline ranged carry, good for getting a feel on how carries function in LoL. As for suiting your tastes, Rammus is great for only 3150, and he'll serve you well as you climb in experience. Playing Rammus gets more complex as you're matched with more difficult opponents as you learn; it's fine to start out in a lane with another player at low summoner level, but eventually you'll be expected to "jungle", which means leveling up solely off the neutral monsters in the forest(and the occasional surprise kill in lanes). Fortunately, Rammus excels at this.
I think you can only get the free Tristana if you've purchased RP before.

Regrowth Cuddles

03-14-2011

You can get Tristana even if you have never bought Riot Points before.

DrDragun

03-14-2011

Its intended for you to buy Ashe first; she is the tutorial learning hero and costs 450

Doriantv

03-14-2011

Tristana is free for everyone!

The first champ I ever played and bought was Kayle. She looks hot with the Unmasked Skin. But sadly she's a pretty bad champ right now, though buffs are planned.

Eppa

03-14-2011

My first main was Malphite, my first but was Malphite. BETA PLAYER WOOOOOOO!

I recommend playing free heroes until you find one you like. Then buy it when it is of free week.