Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I just hit 900....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vartazian

03-12-2011

On 5v5 Solo, A total drop of about 500 ELO over 5 days. Not a proud couple of days for me.

However I cant seem to find a way to get out of this downward spiral I seem to be stuck in, I know I can pull my weight at the 1400 Brackets but I seem to keep getting absolute **** for team mates.

Shoudl I start playing AD carries as opposed to AP Support/ Nukes?

Just looking for some tips to maybe reverse the whirlpool I seem to have gotten myself stuck into "ELO Hell" as some of you would state it.

The Addy Daddy

03-12-2011

Just quit I have. Every game consists of trash teammates its just a roll of the dice to see if you get the better of the trash or not. And if you don't have a good person to que with you are even more screwed. Don't play junglers liek people say you cant carry as a jungler. And try not to play a tank unless you have no other choice. Sion,MF,Anivia,Irelia those are the 4 best to pick from as far as most dmg out put.

Longbear

03-13-2011

It's funny because when people fall in elo they think that teamates are to blame. I like to think of myself as the best player in every game and try to take command. I talk pretty nicely so people follow what I say, and I find it easy to win games for the most part. There may be some games where you get an absolute trash player, but if you know how to play and you can get the gameplay mechanics down well it really doesn't matter who you play.

PotatoIift

03-13-2011

Quote:
Longbear:
It's funny because when people fall in elo they think that teamates are to blame. I like to think of myself as the best player in every game and try to take command. I talk pretty nicely so people follow what I say, and I find it easy to win games for the most part. There may be some games where you get an absolute trash player, but if you know how to play and you can get the gameplay mechanics down well it really doesn't matter who you play.

The problem is A) Leavers, B) People who won't listen because they're stubborn or C) People that refuse to talk.

My first 4 games today in ranked were 4v5s. Couple other had people that picked before talking about the comp.

I had one guy ask what CC is.

DEAFRAY

03-13-2011

Learn to play all the roles. I really think the jungler is the most important character at my ELO, 1400. Just being able to clear the jungle isn't enough, you have to gank mid or top early to get the first blood, also if you can't control dragon your losing the game for your team.

EDIT: Always buy a ward for the first time you go back for your solo top when you jungle.

ViolentSymphony

03-13-2011

Quote:
Wombatt:
Learn to play all the roles. I really think the jungler is the most important character at my ELO, 1400. Just being able to clear the jungle isn't enough, you have to gank mid or top early to get the first blood, also if you can't control dragon your losing the game for your team.

EDIT: Always buy a ward for the first time you go back for your solo top when you jungle.

It's not just when you're solo top and not just on your first back. I have to practically scream at my team mates to get wards when I'm the tank. *facepalm* In the end, I 'm the one that winds up buy wards because I'm the only one going positive (at one point, it was 14/2/5). I can understand that people have a hard time farming due to getting facerolled in one or two teamfights, but when it gets to the point where the tank is going positive, something needs to change.

I want to see the map lit up like a Christmas tree by the time we get into a fight of any kind. They go Baron? try to steal it and gtfo. Also, here's something that helps prevent you from getting killed many times. Do not trust a PUG to be smart. Assume they will screw up until they prove otherwise.

Stormwake

03-14-2011

Quote:
ViolentSymphony:
It's not just when you're solo top and not just on your first back. I have to practically scream at my team mates to get wards when I'm the tank. *facepalm* In the end, I 'm the one that winds up buy wards because I'm the only one going positive (at one point, it was 14/2/5). I can understand that people have a hard time farming due to getting facerolled in one or two teamfights, but when it gets to the point where the tank is going positive, something needs to change.

I want to see the map lit up like a Christmas tree by the time we get into a fight of any kind. They go Baron? try to steal it and gtfo. Also, here's something that helps prevent you from getting killed many times. Do not trust a PUG to be smart. Assume they will screw up until they prove otherwise.

You're a tank that's 14-2-5? You must be a horrible tank then. Tanks aren't supposed to get kills, you're supposed to let your teammates get the kills and only take them if you HAVE to. 14 kills shows me that you took kills because you're greedy. Either that or you had the worst team ever, and somehow managed to be amazingly pro and kill all of their team single handedly as a tank. I find you being greedy much more likely.

Somepants

03-14-2011

Play burst assassins, get your teammates to push mid.

Lizto

03-16-2011

"tanks" like garen can get alot of kses and get their teammates killed cause they cant really protect them

USC Zeratul

Recruiter

03-20-2011

Quote:
Longbear:

Even if you have the best players in LOL with the highest elos
And you put 3 of them together, along with 2 feeders (With scores like 1,15,4)
They will probably lose
Doesn't mean they're bad...

@Somepants, In some games, its like
The other team gets aced. 2 DPS's are at 75% hp, but a support/nuke at 10% hp.
The support/nuke pushes and tells everyone else to push, the 2 DPS's at 75% base to buy items...