Fiddlesticks, the fearful drainer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peled

04-16-2010

Yes sir

sovernsectwarren

04-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Picking drain over Wind?????

And everyone has a summoner ability that makes your drain useless.

It's called flash.

A drain centered build is useless past a bottom-of-the-barrel Elo. I'm not trying to be a ****, it is simply true.

You can make a physical DPS Fiddle build; and against bad players it would be viable. But that doesn't mean it is realistically a good build.
If someone is willing to waste their flash just because you are draining them than thats a good thing, it means when you go to use your ulti they cant just flash away. It's really all situational though because darkwind might be amazing for farming minions or harassing but drain is amazing for regaining hp and harassing. As long as you have a level 1/2 darkwind when you ulti in with crowstorm than thats all you really need to silence them. A high level drain is a life saver when ulting in and you have AD champs chomping at you.

Trazer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peled View Post
VI. Cons of Drain Build:
---Your drain is affected by healing reducing effects. Be aware of champions
---with a healing reducing spell, ignite, or Executioner's Calling. Your main
---ability is a channel, which means you will need to be aware of which
---champions have an interrupt.

--- You cant farm for ****.
--- You are very susceptible to group ganks (with dark wind its harder to gank you)
--- Your gear usually sucks because you cant farm for ****.
--- Fiddle isnt a great pusher anyways but this build means you are a TERRIBLE pusher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like fiddle..he is my fav..but people should know ALL the downsides to this build if they are going to play it.

RadAdam

05-04-2010

First off I really appreciate all the long posts and discourse between everyone. It has been very helpful as I just started playing Fiddle after getting good w/ Morg for awhile. I also thought it was pretty rare for the OP to try out other people's thoughts, post a video, and continue talking about it. Awesome thread.

Mainly I'd appreciate an update from Peled on the starting item, or anyone else's advice. I always had Kage's for gold w/ Morg, so it feels weird not having a gold generating item. Maybe it doesnlt matter as much as I thought. Are people still gettng Guise? Is Philosopher's Stone viable? Should i just rock some boots & potions early on? I'm pretty good mid-late game w/ my build, just early not so good.

I read one highly rated guide on leaguecraft that talks about AP potions & all MR type items, but I'm just not good enough as you *have* to get a kill if you pop a 400 gold potion.

I have been getting very "utility sum" type scores since using Dark Wind builds, so I'll give the Drain build a try. I see the pros and cons for both, but mainly need help w/ starting items.

Thanks.

--
Rad Adam
(Mobile on Palm Pro)

Cactot

05-04-2010

Do the dark wind > drain folks still think it is as clear cut after the DW nerf?
Less targets and less silence duration is a pretty nasty nerf (mostly at low levels, at higher levels the 1 less target is not really noticeable).

I still dont have my mind made up, I vastly prefer drain against some team comps but against others dw seems clearly superior.

sup dawg its JAX

05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazer View Post
--- You cant farm for ****.
--- You are very susceptible to group ganks (with dark wind its harder to gank you)
--- Your gear usually sucks because you cant farm for ****.
--- Fiddle isnt a great pusher anyways but this build means you are a TERRIBLE pusher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like fiddle..he is my fav..but people should know ALL the downsides to this build if they are going to play it.
you're doin it wrong then because a kill is 300+ gold, jungle minions go down in 0.01 seconds and are 30-60g and dragon is 130 gold. You start ganking anywhere between level 3 and 6.... and later on you get ranks in dark wind so you can farm mid to late game.

Also, range attack last hits... fiddlestick's early farming capacities are about as good as, let's say, jax, who has to stay near his tower because he gets harassed if he goes in for melee hits....

Rumpshaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2010

Fiddle nub here....something I don't understand about the lack of drain love, and I saw someone point this out in a post earlier today, is so what if somebody CC's out of a drain. At least in terms of a summoner skills like flash.

A 12 seconds or less cool down seems worth it to blow a flash. Team fights Fiddle is entering late with a Crowstorm anyway.....

I mean, it doesn't seem crippling not to go heavy on Wings if you know what you're doing.

Apullu

07-28-2010

what is a good item to replace Haunting Guise? Peled, thx for the guide and your videos. keep up the good work

Niiles

07-28-2010

Elementz should see this and still say that Fiddles is the BOTTOM OF TIER 4.

Mottebayo

07-28-2010

Seems like a lot of people are commenting on this fiddlesticks guy, so I figure I would put my two cents in on this conversation.

Fiddlesticks has a very versatile purpose in the meta-game, he can be useful to the team in OH so many ways. What are the ways? He can team tank with a tanky item build, he can wipe a team with a high AP/Magic Pen build, he can provide a level advantage to a team by jungling (faster than a warwick with smite with a fiddlesticks without smite).

Overall, you two most important items as fiddlesticks are the ones that can provide an advantage that an enemy would never expect. Your most important abilities are Fear and Dark Wind. Why would I not say Crowstorm? It's a close second, but you have to cast Crowstorm, and that can be interrupted. Ideally you open with crowstorm by casting where an enemy doesn't stop you in time. But fear SAVES LIVES. It is a pure cc ability only, which is I guess why the allow it to last 3 seconds at max rank. Dark Wind is also the important in team fights. I literally have gotten kills off people just from the bounces of dark wind. People tend to underestimate the devastation potential of darkwind. And drain is most useful for jungling, or against auto-attack champions (Akali, Master Yi, Shaco are especially funny to use drain against).