Fiddlesticks, the fearful drainer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peled View Post
Yea, so far the Dark Wind testing has gone good, but I feel almost useless by myself. Ratio's usually end 1/0/3. I really don't think you guys have tried the Drain build and are just going off of theories. And if you did try it and didn't like it, you might not just be used to it. I'm soon finished testing Dark Wind and will give a video for feedback. But I ask that you try a few games as a Drain Fiddlesticks before flaming on it. I appreciate the suggestions and I DO test all of the replies, but I ask you do the same.

At my Elo it is unwise to be by myself.

And at the times that I am, I darkwind my pursuers (when engaged) fear the quickest one/most potent CC and I get away just fine.

Like it's already been said;

Similar to Eve; Drain-Fiddle is perfectly fine at horrible Elos. At higher Elos Drain Fiddle is BAD.

It is not opinion. It is fact. You eventually get to an Elo where people don't run around by themselves like idiots; and even before you get to that Elo you should be running 4-5 man premades who also are not so stupid.

We are saying Drain-Fiddle is bad, because overall in the context of all skill ranges and all aspects of the game; it is.

Trollbone

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post

And at the times that I am, I darkwind my pursuers (when engaged) fear the quickest one/most potent CC and I get away just fine.

Similar to Eve; Drain-Fiddle is perfectly fine at horrible Elos. At higher Elos Drain Fiddle is BAD.

It is not opinion. It is fact. You eventually get to an Elo where people don't run around by themselves like idiots; and even before you get to that Elo you should be running 4-5 man premades who also are not so stupid.

We are saying Drain-Fiddle is bad, because overall in the context of all skill ranges and all aspects of the game; it is.

Completely wrong

Firstly they are 2 options

- your jungling
- your not jungling

If you are not jungling darkwind is great to harass and farm som gold, take just 1 point in drain and max fear and darkwind
BUT fiddlestik is better at jungling

If you are jungling and ganking all the lanes then a Drain/fear lvl up is very good because obviously when you are lvl 6 and u land an ult on the ennemy u do that :

Crowstorm --> fear --> darkwind --> drain

A lvl 2/Lvl 3 darkwind wont help u gank because if you are in a tituation when there is a lot of minions surrunding the ennemy hereos they are going to die anyway and the darkwind wont bounce
If they are 2 ennemies one will flash away anyway in high elo games so it doesnt matter that u have darkwind lvl 2-3

Yes darkwind is better in large group battle but the drain build is better to kill hereos alone or 2 of them, if in the first 15 minute of the game u go 3-0 with the help of this build ure mid game will be more smooth and u will have more survivability. Its just a snowball effect.

Secondly drain is better at jungling because if someone catch you drain will save ure life multiple times.

And in 250 games with fiddles at high elo and versus premade in the laning phase players are caught offgard everygame ! Yes sometimes they buy wards but u cant cover every single position on the map
And its not stupid to be caught in a fiddlestick ult sometimes there is a good bait, sometimes u dont look at ure minimap 1 sec and he is here, at ure tower u are not safe he can crowstorm and kill you with drain wich helps survive tower shots

If you use darkwind/fear u will be a great disabler but u will gank a lot less leading to less gold in the early game and if u want to play it this way thats fine, i played this way countless times but i was tired of my ennemies escaping with less than 50 HP.

Ganking succesfully in the early phasenerally leads to 1 or 2 tower downs.

Peled

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post

I am NOT in the top 500, but I do group with people in the top 500 and face them often. This works good in high ELO

Itches

02-21-2010

Kind of a noob here, but what is the main value of going Drain + Fear or Dark Wind + Fear instead of Dark Wind + Drain? The fear at rank 1 still serves as an interrupt and I think the utility of Dark Wind for team fights and damage assist + solo kill potential of Drain would be better than having a max Fear. But I'm noobish so just wondering why I don't see builds like that (I'm mostly interested in the high level of play reasons).

Peled

02-28-2010

A 3 seconds CC is just OP and you must have it if you have drain so there is no interrupt during that 3 seconds and there is more ticks before they run out of it.

7madoto

02-28-2010

peled, u were an amazing player, full time ganker after lvl 6 ... well i enjoyed playing with you but could you remove the names b4 posting pictures out of respect?

Peled

02-28-2010

Yep

BlueBuddha

04-08-2010

nice read, would get at least one point of wind early though

Peled

04-08-2010

Yea if I find Dark Wind would be good I get 1 point at lvl 4

MightyBolamite

04-15-2010

Are you gonna modify the build since they changed Haunting Guise?