Fiddlesticks, the fearful drainer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepydog

02-17-2010

my fav skill order on fiddles:
Get dark wind at lvl 1
then terrify
then drain
after, max terrify and dark wind, with an occasional point in drain. i find drain gets less useful as your opponents get better, as they stay out of your range. you just need to have it at high enough level to keep up with your health. its better to have a high lvl of terrify to keep them in your medium powered drain range than high powered drain but for a short time. plus, high lvl terrify guarantees a kill at lvl 6 w/ crowstorm, with or without drain.

GuyArcher79

02-17-2010

This is my own personal item/skill build although I'm far from a pro. However, I'm actually getting to the point where I am starting to really feel competent with him.

For items, I tend to:

Doran's Ring & HP potion to start (I'm kinda iffy on the ring...the extra hp and mana regen are pretty helpful starting...first thing to sell off).

Boots (If heavy CC teams, Mercury Treads, otherwise Sorc's boots)
Mejei's Soulstealer (if I think I can pull off some early kills, I may take this before boots)

After that I rush to Zhonya's Ring. What follows depends on my team makeup, enemy team makeup and how well I'm doing....I struggle a bit to find the perfect item at this point.

For skills:
Dark Wind
Drain
Dark Wind
Terrify
Dark Wind
Crowstorm

From there on out, priority goes Crowstorm > Dark Wind > Terrify > Drain

I like to max out Dark Wind ASAP but I could see going Terrify instead if I'm paired up with a high DPS class.

Now as I said, I'm definitely not a pro player...just my own personal take on Fiddle. So, if I'm missing something obvious, throw it out there.

rrspjames

02-18-2010

In my opinion the drain build is much more effective. This is the build i go.

Runes: Hp Quints, Cooldown in the blue, Hp Yellow, Mp Red (gives me 111 hp, +6 mp, +5 cooldown.

My starting item is a ruby crystal. That way i start with just about 700hp. It will be very hard for them to gank you early game. If you know who you are laning against and there isnt a big threat to getting ganked I get the tome so i can rush a Mejis fast.

Max drain and fear. At level 5 kill the golem.

Full item build

Ruby Crystal ---> Banshees viel (get this after mejis)
Sorcerers boots
Mejis

From here i either go RoA or Void Staff

Last I get a Zhonya ring but the game never gets to this point.

C0heed

02-18-2010

RRSpjames says... "In my opinion the drain build is much more effective"

Effective at what? Please elaborate and don't be so vague. Look what i can do, "Gragas is definitely the most effective hero... hands down in my opinion!"

Please elaborate. Simply stating your opinion and not expanding on it isn't helping this thread at all. Or at least read some of the thread and discuss the issues that have already been brought up.

I still haven't seen one Drainsticks player say what they do against disable / flash heroes.

rrspjames

02-18-2010

Against a disable/flash hero i will fear and drain. They can at this point run or attack me. If they attack me i will fear and drain again when it is up. You can keep that up all day long...with drain giving me my life back while they are feared. I generally start with a high hp and that makes a world of a difference.

If a they flash away then who cares? They just waisted flash and my fear/drain will be up in just a second. They will have to run away all game.

Peled

02-18-2010

Yea, so far the Dark Wind testing has gone good, but I feel almost useless by myself. Ratio's usually end 1/0/3. I really don't think you guys have tried the Drain build and are just going off of theories. And if you did try it and didn't like it, you might not just be used to it. I'm soon finished testing Dark Wind and will give a video for feedback. But I ask that you try a few games as a Drain Fiddlesticks before flaming on it. I appreciate the suggestions and I DO test all of the replies, but I ask you do the same.

Peled

02-18-2010

I will give desciptive information with each clip and basic information on the whole game. Should be done tomorrow.

Necrax

02-19-2010

nope not theorycrafted at all. always going dark wind build in actual games.

i mean if you are sexy and comfortable with your drain build, go for it. honestly, you don't need to change your playstyle because others do it differently.

imho, dark wind is an awesome disable, a good AoE damage with increasing bounces in team fights and generally the better team-oriented ability. even more so considering this game is all about disables.

also, once you learn when to use it during laning phase you will hit an enemy several times which not only renders him silenced for quite some time but also does decent damage.

MightyBolamite

02-19-2010

I've been a Fidd player for a bit now and was doin really really well; then I got a few levels higher and have simply been unable to do nearly as well in games. So I think I'll give this idea a go.
Everyone keeps mentioning that the OP did not mention anything on diablers, but isn't that what the banshee's veil in the item tree labeled "If there is an interrupt" is for?
Looking forward to your videos and also, why isn't the link you posted to a video not working?

Peled

02-19-2010

Fixed the link. Here is some video showing what I did during the Dark Wind Testing, the comments are not to hate on Dark Wind, just to give my thoughts on it. Please commment if I did anything wrong during testing that made it insufficient. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwoLQB2PTDM

My final thoughts on it is that its an OK spell. But I believe it is rediculous to max out first. 2 points MAX in the start would be best in my opinion.