Fiddlesticks, the fearful drainer

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peled

Member

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen 62 View Post
Get at least 1 rank of Dark Wind early if you're going to do this... Silence, Fear, Drain. When you have your ult it's the same but put that in front of Silence. It works very, very well. Higher levels of Dark Wind is better, but as you say this is a Drain build.

When I build Fiddle, I go get 1 point into each, then get Q to level 3, Max E, Ult, Drain. In the grand scheme of things, Drain isn't super useful. You need someone to stay still, not have cleanse, you can't get hit by others, etc. There are many more useful builds for fiddle out there. And yes, I have tried a drain build, and I went back to my other one after a game. It's not very viable and there are many more higher damage builds out there.
The Crowstorm->silence->fear->drain does work very well... but I find it to be almost useless to have dark wind because it is only truely usefull when your ultimate is up. Drain does alot more damage and your fear is such a low cooldown that it is always up. Fear does not only lock down casters, but melee aswell, which dark wind does not do. Having drain and fear up ASAP allows you to be more independant and do heavy damage without even getting hurt. I've tested working dark wind in, but my drain's life gain did not keep up with the damage the oppenent was doing, allowing me to die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0heed

Senior Member

02-12-2010

Drain fiddlesticks is very dependent on the number of disables / interrupts on the opposing team. On a team that has only a couple, you have a fighting chance playing as drain sticks. However, dark wind is a much more viable build in most circumstances. It allows you to outfarm / harass your opponent to beat them to Level 6 (the real reason you play fiddlesticks…. Crowstorm!)

And to get the maximum effectiveness out of Crowstorm, you need to MAX TERRIFY before your other skills. Being able to crowstorm from the bushes and fear someone for 3 seconds basically guarantees a kill. Yes, life drain is cool… however, CS cannot be interrupted (after it’s done channeling.. you aren’t channeling it out in the open are you…. SHAME ON YOU if you are!) and neither can dark wind. Nothing scatters an enemy team faster than crowstorming in the middle of them, casting dark wind & Fearing.

Dark wind
Terrify
Dark wind
Terrify
Terrify (or life drain if you are getting focused)
Crowstorm

Exhaust is a total waste of a summoner skill on fiddle sticks. You are much better off getting Cleanse. Why? Because cleanse basically assures you won’t be CCed after you drop your crowstorm on the opposing team. (And smart players are going to save CCs from when you crowstorm.)

Can life drain builds work? Absolutely, in fact it’s downright deadly in select situations. However, against more skilled opponents or a team with 3+ stuns/disables you are going to have a rough go of it.

Play Fiddle how he’s meant to be played – as multi-target DPS / ganker / total pain in the ****.

My $0.02


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peled

Member

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrage View Post

Afaik It is not possible to reduce an opponent to -30 MR. Only magic resistance reduction can reduce opposing champion MR negative, and the only item source of that is Abyssal Scepter. Nearly all champions have at least 30 starting MR, which means you will not be reducing their MR negative.


Please don't provide equations if you don't understand the difference between Magic Resistance Reduction and Magic Penetration. They are not the same, and misunderstanding them makes you say things that are wrong and misleading.

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=59203&highlight=reduction+penetra tion
His passive DOES allow negative resistance, and the equations DO work. I do test what I put... So I wouldn't worry about if it doesn't work, just if theirs a spelling error.
But other than that....
You are absolutely right about the Haunting Guise not contributing to - resistance. I did not notice I put that, so thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peled

Member

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0heed View Post
Drain fiddlesticks is very dependent on the number of disables / interrupts on the opposing team. On a team that has only a couple, you have a fighting chance playing as drain sticks. However, dark wind is a much more viable build in most circumstances. It allows you to outfarm / harass your opponent to beat them to Level 6 (the real reason you play fiddlesticks…. Crowstorm!)

And to get the maximum effectiveness out of Crowstorm, you need to MAX TERRIFY before your other skills. Being able to crowstorm from the bushes and fear someone for 3 seconds basically guarantees a kill. Yes, life drain is cool… however, CS cannot be interrupted (after it’s done channeling.. you aren’t channeling it out in the open are you…. SHAME ON YOU if you are!) and neither can dark wind. Nothing scatters an enemy team faster than crowstorming in the middle of them, casting dark wind & Fearing.

Dark wind
Terrify
Dark wind
Terrify
Terrify (or life drain if you are getting focused)
Crowstorm

Exhaust is a total waste of a summoner skill on fiddle sticks. You are much better off getting Cleanse. Why? Because cleanse basically assures you won’t be CCed after you drop your crowstorm on the opposing team. (And smart players are going to save CCs from when you crowstorm.)

Can life drain builds work? Absolutely, in fact it’s downright deadly in select situations. However, against more skilled opponents or a team with 3+ stuns/disables you are going to have a rough go of it.

Play Fiddle how he’s meant to be played – as multi-target DPS / ganker / total pain in the ****.

My $0.02
Your ideas are good, but only thing I would disagree is the hate on the exhaust. I can almost kill anyone at lvl 3 with a little help of a friend. Just flash, fear, drain, then exhaust right after fear is over. Use it on the guy without flash... But I also fear the person who can CC when I crowstorm. It is very rare that get CC'd when I crowstorm. I've played with some of the top 10 ELO with this build and it worked great. Im not saying that this build is the best for all situations, but I would consider most.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eberzelius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2010

Allways start with 1 point in Dark Wind. It does alot of damage on lvl 1 enemies (200 on the first, 100 on the other if they are near of each other), plus it's nice for harassing. I generally get 3 points in drain and 1 in fear before lvl 6.

Never go over 40 MP/magic resist drop, that would be a waste on most enemies. You simply CANNOT negate a champion, I read more than enough about it to know that stuff. You could even consider to get only 20 MP, with the passive the MR reduct will be of 36 (which is pretty near of the basic MP of an average champion, and if you have runes more MP is totally useless). For the rest, go for alot of AP, cooldown reduct, and health. That's it. Got a ratio of 3 wins/1 losses with this build, and I read so much builds I can't count anymore.

I simply can't see a better basic build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monox1de

Member

02-12-2010

pen boots -20 MR

haunting guise -20 MR

that's already -10 MR if they start with 30

on top of that fiddles passive

and runes (9 pen marks and 1 quint = 10 MPen even more with the glyphs/2morequints/seals)

and then that one abyssal scepter has an aura similar to fiddles passive

i think you can easily reach -30 MR on fiddle no doubt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peled

Member

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrage View Post
Yes, theoretically it allows negative resistance, but in practice since Champions have 30 MR base, you will not reach negative resists, because only reduction matters in dropping them below 0, and the max reduction you get *alone* from items and your passive is -30. Saying you can get opponents to -30 is only accurate if Champions started at 0 MR, which is not true.
Yea your right its theoretical. Thats what I tried to say, bad word choices on my part. Thanks mate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peled

Member

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monox1de View Post
pen boots -20 MR

haunting guise -20 MR

that's already -10 MR if they start with 30

on top of that fiddles passive

and runes (9 pen marks and 1 quint = 10 MPen even more with the glyphs/2morequints/seals)

and then that one abyssal scepter has an aura similar to fiddles passive

i think you can easily reach -30 MR on fiddle no doubt.
The order the resist is subract is:
Reduction
%
Penetration

And the only way you can get a enemy negative is through reduction , which is first. So the only way the person will go negative is if they have 29 or less resistance. If the resistance was subracted last, it would be a whole new story(OP). Study the formulas to understand fully.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0heed

Senior Member

02-16-2010

I don't mean to beat a dead horse... but I'd like to see video / screenshots of a drain build being effective VS a multi-disable team. Yea, your 30+ kills is impressive... until you look and see that Mummy is the only person on their team with an interrupt... how often does this happen?


What do you do with this build when you face Sion / soraka / TF / Fiddle / Malphite / Rammus / Cho'gath / Ashe / Panth / Annie? (I think you get the point, I'm not going to list all the champions with silences/interupts)

Dark Wind is a much more viable against 90% of all the possible team-make ups. Yes if you get into a lane against 2 people that don't have CC you are going to melt faces with a drain build. And yes, a smart fiddle can bait a player into blowing his interupt and then melting his face with drain. However, equally skilled opponents are going to auto-attack creeps and wait for you to try and fear/drain someone and ROFLstomp your face after then stun / focus your squishie whole-grain self.

I think you are going to find that taking Dark wind at level 13 is a huge mistake. Being able to crowstorm into the middle of 2-5 champions and casting dark storm is much more TEAM effective than popping CS and life draining one hero to death while leaving the other 2-4 heroes free to rip your face off.

I think you'll enjoy fiddle a lot more if you use dark wind as your main nuke and drain as a situational spell. Drain can be countered much easier than dark wind... and dark wind is much more valuable in keeping enemy champions caught in your crowstorm. (The reason you play Fiddle....)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nowiser

Member

02-16-2010

[QUOTE=C0heed;680105]
Dark Wind is a much more viable against 90% of all the possible team-make ups. Yes if you get into a lane against 2 people that don't have CC you are going to melt faces with a drain build. And yes, a smart fiddle can bait a player into blowing his interupt and then melting his face with drain. However, equally skilled opponents are going to auto-attack creeps and wait for you to try and fear/drain someone and ROFLstomp your face after then stun / focus your squishie whole-grain self.


Saying something like that is stupid, there is no way you can prove that it is more viable against 90% of all possible team make-ups, one of the great things about this game is everyone plays a little differently, maybe you dont like a drain build, thats cool. But obviously the OP does, and let him have fun with that. Its stupid to come on and say in his thread about his build that yours is better, take the time, post your own guide and stop worrying about his. I have personally played with this build and have had a lot of success and a lot of fun. Dont jump on someone elses thread just to say you have a better build...


123456 ... 7