How much is too much? (armor)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueHue2

04-03-2013

I just got out of a bronze game (lawl) where a failed enemy invade/genuinely confused volibear fed my Yorick early on. I built my Manamune and Iceborn Gauntlet as usual, but then for the first time I kinda questioned my build. The first three items I build are Manamune, Iceborn, Mercury Treads. From there I build Frozen Heart. At this point, I have well over 200 armor with my seals. The last two items are situational: If I need damage I'll Trinity/Atma's. If I need more sustain I get even more armor with Guardian Angel or Warmog's.

I understand there's diminishing returns for Armor, but as far as Yorick goes, he's a god when it comes to tanky damage dealer. Should I trade out the armor/AD/mana from Frozen Heart for a Warmog's/Blood Thirsty or IE? What kind of builds work for your Yorick?

BlueHue2

04-03-2013

No one has any opinions?

XxxLumberJackxxX

04-03-2013

Well if they have 4 APs on their team you have too much armor.
If they have 4 ADs get more.

Depends on the game broski.

Armor doesn't really have diminishing returns, actually the opposite is true due to the nature of %armor shred
(i.e. if you have 100 armor and 10% gets shredded they still have 90 armor to deal with, if you have 200 armor and 10% gets shredded tehy still have 180 to deal with).
Armor is just very expensive this season, which is why you should balance armor with HP.

Devious Rogue

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMancer View Post
Well if they have 4 APs on their team you have too much armor.
If they have 4 ADs get more.

Depends on the game broski.

Armor doesn't really have diminishing returns, actually the opposite is true due to the nature of %armor shred
(i.e. if you have 100 armor and 10% gets shredded they still have 90 armor to deal with, if you have 200 armor and 10% gets shredded tehy still have 180 to deal with).
Armor is just very expensive this season, which is why you should balance armor with HP.
^