@Jesse -> Sion Build

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight Kinetik

09-16-2009

*Larias guided me stating you're a mean Sion player =)*

I'm just curious about what sort items you use with your Sion build.

Last game I played, I tried stacking lifesteal and Attack Speed items to fortify Sion's already strong lifesteal ult - and it worked for my level of skill (lower tier I'm figuring lol), but I think getting an idea on a better build would help me a great deal.

Much Appreciated ^^.

Truhls

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Kinetik View Post
*Larias guided me stating you're a mean Sion player =)*

I'm just curious about what sort items you use with your Sion build.

Last game I played, I tried stacking lifesteal and Attack Speed items to fortify Sion's already strong lifesteal ult - and it worked for my level of skill (lower tier I'm figuring lol), but I think getting an idea on a better build would help me a great deal.

Much Appreciated ^^.
Personally, i boost enrage as first priorty and rush Infinity edge before boots with +55% crit dmg.Then get some nice crit and more dmg + items, and the 25% ATK SP Boots. Maybe a sheen/lichbane later game if it lasts that long. usualyl right after i get Infinity edge ) Level 9-12 depending on kills/last hits on creeps ) you hit for 200+ and crit for around 600 and at mid game that is devastating on pretty much everyone. i tend to go for low health pool chars like ashe, usually stun into 2 hits = dead. Exhaust into my ult if they run/dont get crits. then stun again when its back up.

Ive had games of 20-0/10+ as sion, hes very very good.

Zingmaster

09-16-2009

I wish that I had Jesse's Girl.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

09-16-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

If you saw him, you'd wish you were Jesse's girl.

Zingmaster

09-16-2009

how can i find a woman like that?

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-16-2009

I want Jesse's input personally. Badasssssssssssssss Sion.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

09-16-2009
2 of 3 Riot Posts

I've been egging him on to post, if only to sing about his girl, but he is quite busy.

Genose

09-16-2009

WHERE CAN I FIND A BUILD LIKE THAT? I WISH THAT I HAD JESSE'S BUILD.. DAH DAH DAH DAH

Seriously though, post the build!

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-16-2009
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I'll be totally honest, my Sion build is mad suck as of late, but I'll post the old one anyways. I played him as a caster mainly because his ultimate doesn't really create the survivability he needs in most situations (stunning him means his ulti isn't providing any survavibility when he needs it the most). Sion is definitely playable as a tank, but I find tanks with aoe disables to provide much more utility than Sion can with his one stun. Enrage is also a very good skill, but caster Sion excels in the mid game, and the long term investment in max enrage puts this kind of build too far behind.

Build:
Enrage
Stun
Enrage
Shield
Shield
Ulti (but only if you need to heal, otherwise shield)
Shield
Shield
Stun
Shield
Max out stun then enrage last

Items (in no particular order):
Boots of swift
Sheen
Soulstealer
Lichbane

Summoner skills:
Ghost and anything else you want really.

Obviously this build has no defensive items; the play style reflects this. One stun and one hit is about all you're good for, then get out. The shield can provide some survivability, but it's also the primary source of his damage.

Basic idea is to time the shield to pop at just the right time as you run in to gank someone. By level 8 or 9, shield pop + stun + sheen hit = 800ish damage, which can be pretty brutal. With all the move speed stuff he's also pretty good at chasing down for a second stun (which is on a pretty short CD).

Caster Sion hasn't done that great in big team fights, he needs good support to stay alive even through one shield stun combo.