Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Jax Mini Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akuma

Recruiter

08-24-2009

Quote:
Haadogei:
You are that Jax from yesterday haha. We woulda had you guys had our teamates been more helpful. We were the Jax/dillo combo.

Hi Haadogei,
I vaguely remember typing your name in to see your armory stats. If I type your name, it typically means you did really well (so I'd confirm that you were good by looking at your record and adding you to my friends list), or you were a complete asshole who was either trash talking or giving advice, in which case I was checking to see if you were any good so I could choose to ignore or heed your advice. I don't recall which category you fall in, but now that you mention your dillo friend, I do remember that it wasn't an easy game, but I think in the end, we were able to pull it out. I think I got a few lucky (skillful?) escapes too.

Haadogei

08-24-2009

Oh I probably fell into the latter category as our Yi left and our trist was completely useless. Lvl 14 at end of game with 1 kill 2 deaths and no assist or something like that. My armory stats aren't good Probably cause I leave at end of games since I'm 30. Something I probably shouldnt' do. 10 of those or so are from my cable going out. We were doing well but being down two players meant we would lose anyway.

xFecto

08-26-2009

Jax is easy char to play if u know what your doing...i been playing him since i got in to closed beta...alot of people ask me how i made him work...you basicly have to know what power to go for in the beginning and then gear him up at the right time...i usually can take 2 on but not 3

Pobelter

08-26-2009

Quote:
Haadogei:
You are that Jax from yesterday haha. We woulda had you guys had our teamates been more helpful. We were the Jax/dillo combo.

I think I played against you. Someone rage quitted on our side after dying three times to you guys I think

Dyrus

Senior Recruiter

08-26-2009

Jax hurts with AP. Jax hurts with Tank build. Jax hurts with pure DPS build, Jax hurts when he forests and farms to much.

Great mini guide for those newer players, eventually people will adapt their item build to what heros the other team has. For Jax, his greatest weakness is against heros like kass, sometimes teemo, or everyone who can nuke the hell out of him when he doesn't have banshees.

Atmosfear

Recruiter

08-28-2009

Nice mini-guide, was very informative.

Foct

08-28-2009

I tried yours, figured it needed some tweaking for my own tastes, so I blended your build w/ mine.

Masteries are set to

18/9/3

Items:
Regen amulet (475 gold)
Dodge boots
Sheen
Phage
Zeal->Zeal+atk speed sword -> Phantom Dancer

Ended game w/ 22/1/8

Personally, I really enjoy doing tank Jax (frozen mallet and the regen/hp chest) w/ AP (that blue mana regen sword that has AP on it). It's less OP'd but a little more fun to play as you can take a crapload of hits and rape w/ stun.

Overall, Good Guide =]

Hootorama

Recruiter

08-28-2009

Gg Joct. Lucky punk we had a full physical team lol

Tenderballz

11-25-2009

Your guide netted me a constant K/D/A around 18/2/8 every game.

Awesomeness! Thank you! Jax is seriously OP....

However, i've seen a Jax go straight for Tri-Force with some pretty impressive effects. His burst dmg was rather insane. Killed me with about 200+ hp left. When i squared off with him 1v1, i only had the regrowth pendant, boots, phage and zeal.

I still rather go for mallet and have 100% chance to slow.

RDanny

Recruiter

08-02-2010

i'm playing as jax long time... try my built >> sum spells ghost & ignite
items:
ninja's tabi
rageblade
bloodthirster
The Black Cleaver
phantomdancer
Guardian Angiel or infinity edge....

it's the true power of jax's damage ....