Sivir's Spell Shield - The "What is and what isn't blocked" List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

No Olaf?

Can block the lightning strike and axe throw (E&Q?), not sure what happens if axe is thrown immediately behind you though, should block the pass-through and you get hit by the AE from landing, but hasn't happened yet that I noticed.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

06-11-2010

Sorry about Olaf, I'm planing to test him, but something always gets in the way :/
Turns out we like playing LOL too much...

As an untested behavior, you can block the Axe throw and his armor ignoring attack. The rest are just buffs for him.

Xienwolf

06-12-2010

The big question will be which part/parts of the Axe throw get blocked. From what I understand it works just like Anivia's Q, there is a "Animation passed through you" damage component, and then there is an AoE "Axe lands" component.

Possibly, if you block one you block all, but I would say that is fairly unlikely. Also possible I am incorrect about there being an AoE effect on landing.

Would be awesome if they made Spellshield "Eat" the axe so he can't pick it up

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

06-13-2010

Added Olaf. Again, sorry for the delay:

Olaf:
Undertow - Blocked. Doesn't matter if the axe hits you of flies through you, since it does the same thing. The axe in the ground does nothing.
Reckless Swing - Blocked. Still damages Olaf.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

06-25-2010

Added Kog'Maw. Patched changed quite a bit, so multiple other resets are on the table, but for now enjoy. No surprises.

Kog'Maw:
Icathian Surprise (P) - The explosion damage can be blocked.
Caustic Spittle - Active blocked. Passive of course not blocked.
Bio-Arcane Barrage - Bonus magic damage is not blocked.
Void Ooze - Damage blocked. You still get slowed when walking on the trail regardless of having SS up.
Living Artillery (U) - Blocked. No damage or reveal.

Cradum

06-26-2010

Katarina's shunpo is still not blocked which is strange.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

07-15-2010

Due to the practice game lockout, I'm unable to update this topic at the current time. Sorry guys.

Kajitii

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki3 View Post
Due to the practice game lockout, I'm unable to update this topic at the current time. Sorry guys.
Aww, I am sad too =(

I've been using this list for a long time when countering other Sivirs, as well as a reference for Banshee's Veil. Think Banshee's and Spellshield function the same when it comes to blocking?

xpsychedelico

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
Aww, I am sad too =(

I've been using this list for a long time when countering other Sivirs, as well as a reference for Banshee's Veil. Think Banshee's and Spellshield function the same when it comes to blocking?
Yes, it should.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

07-21-2010

Re tested:
Blitzcrank - No change.
Poppy Devastating Blow - Now blocked.
Poppy Heroic Charge - The charge and initial damage are still not blocked, however if she hits you into a wall the stun and bonus damage are now blocked.
Xin Zhao - Check OP. Charge is bugged.

Also, added ITEMS! Enjoy!