Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir's Spell Shield - The "What is and what isn't blocked" List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-04-2010

Quote:
TheOneTrueAustin:
Just a heads up: Mundo's cleaver is still blocked. Yesterday a Sivir blocked mine. I'm sure it was the cleaver because I was the only one chasing her.

Well that's good to hear (no offense Mundo players ;])
I'll have to convince my friend to move his lazy bum and play a practice game with me...

Turk021

05-04-2010

omg this game is soooo uncool

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-04-2010

Quote:
Explosive Cask (U) - This spell hits twice. It hits once the moment he throws the barrel, though this does no damage or... anything at all, but will pop your SS. When the barrel lands, it does damage and pushes you. If you use SS before he throws the barrel your shield will pop on that first invisible hit and you'll get damaged and pushed by the second one, but if you use SS after he throws but before the barrel lands then you can defend yourself. Obvious bug :/
Have you tried having ss on, being in the AoE when he casts and then moving out of range afterwards?

Quote:
Electrical Surge - Blocked.
How about the passive component?

Quote:
Heartseeker Strike - Pops shield. Not blocked! (bugged)
Does it block the first tick?

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-05-2010

Quote:
1337SuperNewb:
Have you tried having ss on, being in the AoE when he casts and then moving out of range afterwards?
No, But I would assume that if you're out of the range when it hits nothing happens. Also, it's hard to test, and unlikely in a fight that the enemy Gragas will cast the skill that way.
This was an old test though, that's why I need to re-test :/

Quote:
1337SuperNewb:
How about the passive component?
I'm pretty sure it's also blocked, but honestly I don't remember. I'm also planing to re-test Kennen soon.

Quote:
1337SuperNewb:
Does it block the first tick?
No it does not. I had full health, and we used the flying numbers to determine how much each hit did. We then wrote down how much health I had after the skill, and used basic math to see how many times I got hit. All 5 hits where accounted for.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-08-2010

I suppose I should have elaborated on the why behind re-testing gragas' ult. My guess is that when he throws the cask it marks everyone in the aoe, and then explodes such that if the target is marked or in the aoe they are pushed away and dealt damage.

So, if my theory holds true, if you are the area where gragas casts his ult but then move out of that area without spellshield you will be hit by it anyway.

It is also entirely possible it's just bugged.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-13-2010

Added Akali. All the re-tests are still on table.

EDIT:

Re-tested Mundo (Clever is blocked again)
Re-tested Kennen, and elaborated on him.
Re-tested Pantheon - both bugs are still there.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-16-2010

Here's a little treat for you - added Al'Zahar. ;]

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-18-2010

Quote:
Poki3:
Here's a little treat for you - added Al'Zahar. ;]

Don't post TR stuff outside the TR, please.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-20-2010

Quote:
1337SuperNewb:
Don't post TR stuff outside the TR, please.

I posted that before Pendragon's request. Hm... Yeah, I should probably remove it. Oh well.

Any case, you can hopefully expect most new champs to get an update as soon as they get officially revealed.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

06-03-2010

Added Malzahar.