Sivir's Spell Shield - The "What is and what isn't blocked" List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

No, crossing the border triggers the shield, so on second pass you are unprotected. Also if you tried running ON an edge instead of straight through, first step pops shield, second step stuns you.

Selenite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-27-2010

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!
What!? SS blocks Ignite?!

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

02-28-2010

Added Mordekaiser. Go take a look at that. It's scary having a ghost of yourself and still be alive. Also, Mace of Spades...

Re-tested Jax. No real change. You can totally block empowered Leap Strikes.

Clarified Veigar's Event Horizon, since there was some confusion it seams.

@Selenite: It totally does.

Tarouka

02-28-2010

I kept having problems blocking Dr. Mundo's Cleaver. Neither did Spell Shield or Banshee's Veil blocked it in one of my games. Could someone test that to see if last patch really messed up that part of Spell Shield?

Xienwolf

02-28-2010

I also had determined that Mundo's Cleaver couldn't be blocked. It was a day or two later that I happened to re-read here (while looking for a Mord update) and see that it SHOULD be blocked. By then it was too late for me to be CERTAIN that I was hitting SS early enough, but not too early. So I'd second the motion to re-test that particular ability for being blockable (I swear I even had it hit through a Banshee's Veil in another game)

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

03-02-2010

Re-tested Mundo... yup, the last patched bugged his cleaver. You now cannot block it.

Dak Ramsin

03-03-2010

Best. Post. EVER. I play Sivir main and it's always been a gamble using SS on champs i'm not used to fighting.

Xienwolf

03-08-2010

Special Note worth adding: You can block one of Baron Nashor's attacks with Spellshield/Banshee's Veil as well. I don't know what all of his attacks are precisely, but I was testing a build to see if Sivir could solo him and decided to try Spellshield while I was in there. Sure enough, it popped and I got the 150 mana rebate. I think that it is the non-knockup special attack that he uses, maybe the attack speed debuff he applies to the primary target?

Xienwolf

03-23-2010

Hrm, looks like no update for Ezreal yet. I don't know if you can block the attack after his Flash type ability, pretty sure you cannot, but he always follows with a Q when I fight him, so it is hard to tell. I know that his other 2 abilities and his ult CAN be blocked though.

Xienwolf

03-24-2010

Shen:

The one I have fought so far didn't spend much time around me, the one attempt he made with his Q skillshot hit a minion instead. I imagine you SHOULD be able to block it, but cannot say for certain.

His Dash/Taunt did get used against me though and I can confirm that Spellshield blocks it.