Pantheon Skills Mixed Answers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllus View Post
Pretty sure that Q isn't but E is. E is just 5 regular attacks in rapid succession, with double damage on them. Q is an ability, so I think it is just the flat damage. This is why late game sometimes Q starts to do nothing but E remains strong if you have armor pen.
so a weapon like last whisperer would do well on pantheon? 40% apen x5 seems a little bit OP

Daikaze

02-08-2010

Heartseeker at level 1... If you have exhaust. This means some easy crits and a likely first blood. You could opt for your stun if you go without exhaust.

level 2 I get my Spear shot and at level 3 I get my stun... Although, I rarely use the stun as it tends to be a little costly for the minimal harassment it could ever offer. Spear Shot is more than suitable for harassment.

After that I focus on Spear shot and Heart Seeker.

Skyllus

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyLeD View Post
so a weapon like last whisperer would do well on pantheon? 40% apen x5 seems a little bit OP
The issue is that the attacks go out in an arc...so unless you are right on top of them with a good angle, all 5 will not hit.

Pretty sure that attack speed doesn't apply to Heartseeker since it is a set speed, so it doesn't really help there.

Black Cleaver+Last Whisper are both excellent options for Pantheon, as is Bloodthirster (gotta farm for a bit though).

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Last I heard last whisperer was not apply the 40% armor pen on his abilities, but bratalizer and black cleaver were.

donnyFYASKO

02-08-2010

lol ragequit in a practice game. nice kryllan

Fbsunny

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllus View Post
Pretty sure that Q isn't but E is. E is just 5 regular attacks in rapid succession, with double damage on them. Q is an ability, so I think it is just the flat damage. This is why late game sometimes Q starts to do nothing but E remains strong if you have armor pen.
This is what E does, its not 5 normal attacks.
Active: Pantheon focuses and deals 5 swift strikes in front of him for 6/9/12/15/18 + 18%/21%/24%/27%/30% of his weapon damage in physical damage per strike. This attack deals double damage to champions.

Currently it does not seem like the double damage to champions is working at least not at lower levels of Heartseeker (from testing it against minions and a hero at the same time, and yes I did take armor into account), although it does seem to do a bit extra damage to champions.

Also the reason that Heartsriker does well late game is that it scales better with weapon damage.

kjgkjgkgklfgl

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
Last I heard last whisperer was not apply the 40% armor pen on his abilities, but bratalizer and black cleaver were.
it doesn't matter if last whisper does add or not, its a great item for panth - cause it adds speed, armor pen, and attack <-- three things he needs.

AS for skill build,

I generally do spear, aegis, and heartseeker for the first three levels, 1 in each.

Then if I am mid, I go heartseeker, spear, heartseeker, spear. etc... (significant farming and harassment)
if I am lane, then I go spear, aegis, spear, aegis, leaving heartseeker to a minimum

Why?
Mid, you need to farm creep waves especially if u are up against a crazy harasser. You'll stay back wait for the creep waves to come to the tower then heartseeker
Stun at level 1 is good enough for 1 on 1.

Laning, you can't waste that much mana using heartseeker consistently as you won't have enough in case u need to get away.

so your main strategy is to stun, spear. and when they are below 15%, that's when u use heartseeker. So maxing heartseeker is useless, as 5x crit below 15% health - any enemy would die.

(getting ult in boh situations whenever possible)

kjgkjgkgklfgl

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
This is what E does, its not 5 normal attacks.
Active: Pantheon focuses and deals 5 swift strikes in front of him for 6/9/12/15/18 + 18%/21%/24%/27%/30% of his weapon damage in physical damage per strike. This attack deals double damage to champions.

Currently it does not seem like the double damage to champions is working at least not at lower levels of Heartseeker (from testing it against minions and a hero at the same time, and yes I did take armor into account), although it does seem to do a bit extra damage to champions.

Also the reason that Heartsriker does well late game is that it scales better with weapon damage.
lol well champions have armor that most minions don't . so u won't see the 2x damage, it'll be some other reduced multiplier

Noth

02-08-2010

Artheal, heartseeker does not crit at all. It simply makes you auto cirt when the target is below 15%. The skill doesn't crit though

Fbsunny

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthael View Post
lol well champions have armor that most minions don't . so u won't see the 2x damage, it'll be some other reduced multiplier
If you read what you quoted you will see that I took armor into account. The enemy had about 40 armor, and i did 112 damage to him per hit, while the creeps at 18 armor were taking 108 damage. Clearly armor is not the only factor in how much damage it should be doing.