How to Jungle Tryndamere - Extremely Detailed Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsianPlayboy View Post
Normally I pick up 1 health pot and a cloth armor after blue pilling.

Have you tried that out?

Why do you feel 5 pots and a ward is better?
And yes, I have tried it. It works well also. But I feel that lifesteal would be a better item to have to build into something like a bloodthirster later on. If you need to be tanky then I suggest you get it later in the game. Getting the vamp. sceptre procs with your crits so you actually lifesteal more. It's better to not rely on health pots as much. I do get them later on just to play it more safe.

Health pots are definitely good to get. I know you said after bluepilling, just trying to make another point along w\ explaining myself XD.

RoflTroll

03-14-2011

Why did you even bother with W? the debuff only affect enemy champions based on the skill description, and if you're getting counter jungled, it most likely won't slow the enemy down since they're chasing you, so it won't save your life either.

while it's true using spinning slash may take a bite off your health, but it's more useful than W when you're in the jungle.

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimtion View Post
i use armpen reds and quints and flat armor yellows, with smite/exhaust. That sound about right?
Exhaust helps out w\ Tryndamere a lot. If you can rely on your own skill and chances to evade death then take exhaust w/ smite. Armor pen is very good to have on Trynd out of the jungle phase. It won't help you as much. Do you at least get Crit Chance or Attack Speed Glyphs?

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflTroll View Post
Why did you even bother with W? the debuff only affect enemy champions based on the skill description, and if you're getting counter jungled, it most likely won't slow the enemy down since they're chasing you, so it won't save your life either.

while it's true using spinning slash may take a bite off your health, but it's more useful than W when you're in the jungle.
You have a good point. Tryndamere is very good for turning around to fight. It's all situational. If you feel that you may get ganked since they may have tried previously then get it. W is mainly so YOU are the one trying to gank and counter jungle. E isn't as effective in chasing enemies down. But it's all dependent on if you need to get away or if you want to get a successful gank.

malphismia

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButtonMasherz View Post
What is flawed about this? I'm not one to be ignorant or arrogant. I would like to know your opinions.
You should be leveling up Q and E. Q to stay alive, E to deal damage.

You're leveling W for ganks. There is no way you'll have full health in jungle with a Tryndamere - you need to stay at low health to maintain high crit chance from your passive. With this in mind, ganks are not your priority, because you'll probably die if you try.

Vampiric Sceptre isn't the optimal jungling first item. Green pot + 6 HP pots is probably the best item for Trynd jungling, but then again, I never buy elixirs.

Jungling Trynd is flawed because he relies entirely on crits to survive - no crit, no heal, you die. Also you have to stay at low health to maintain passive crit chance, so any enemy jungler that can smell you out at low health (insert: Warwick) is bad news.

Other than that, avoid buying too many extra HP pots, and try to aim to become a self-sufficient jungler (critting to heal).

CanIHazUrElo

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
You should be leveling up Q and E. Q to stay alive, E to deal damage.

You're leveling W for ganks. There is no way you'll have full health in jungle with a Tryndamere - you need to stay at low health to maintain high crit chance from your passive. With this in mind, ganks are not your priority, because you'll probably die if you try.

Vampiric Sceptre isn't the optimal jungling first item. Green pot + 6 HP pots is probably the best item for Trynd jungling, but then again, I never buy elixirs.

Jungling Trynd is flawed because he relies entirely on crits to survive - no crit, no heal, you die. Also you have to stay at low health to maintain passive crit chance, so any enemy jungler that can smell you out at low health (insert: Warwick) is bad news.

Other than that, avoid buying too many extra HP pots, and try to aim to become a self-sufficient jungler (critting to heal).

If you're wanting to stay alive and not gank then go for e first. I get e at level 5 anyways and by then I have both blue and red buff making it optimal for ganking since 2 points are in W and only 1 in E; the rest in Q. I crit enough to maintain my health decently early on and ghost helps out to counter a gank. If it's rammus that would be harder but it depends on your skill level and reaction time if you want to counter a jungle gank from Rammus.

I know you crit more at lower health but you stated that you will get smelled out by Warwick for example. I try to maintain as high of health as possible i.e. not being "efficient" under what you are stating. It's best to keep the highest health just incase. I have 20% critchance anyways w\ this and bloodlust stacks increase crit chance enough to not totally rely on lower health.

Thanks for the input..

Argothman

03-16-2011

Can I do it with ArP marks, quints, and armor seals?

CanIHazUrElo

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothman View Post
Can I do it with ArP marks, quints, and armor seals?
Well armor pen is really for late game, the armor seals will help you take reduced damage from melee jungle creeps.

CanIHazUrElo

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
Love it love it love TBM. I`ve been wanting to see a viable, slick, Tryn jungling guide for a while. It strikes me as innovative and refreshing, not to mention effective. Well done!

Your video presence and quality is particularly smooth.
Thank you very much for your kind remarks XD

malphismia

03-19-2011

bleh. your guide just cost me a loss, i had to play with a noob tryndamere jungling all game till level 18, he'd keep dying to eve without an oracle and i kept telling him they had wards in the jungle but he'd roam anyways. he'd also keep focusing their tank.

you should make your guide more clear xD no noobs are allowed to try this guide out.

thank you buttonmasherz