Karthas: Why do so few kartha\us players use Rylais?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryov

03-11-2011

I main karthus alot and I love using rylais scepter on him.
The added HP is awesome, it gives decent AP, and the 35% slow if you catch them with laywaste is godly if they dodge your wall, also his AOE with a slow makes it **** hard for enemies to catch up to you/makes it easy to stop enemies from escaping.
If anyone could explain why so few karthus players use it, it would help stop my confusion.

***** typos

Rezyk

03-11-2011

Won't it only be 15% slow?

I pwnz u now

03-11-2011

In a universe, where **** works like it should it would induce 35% slow when you manage to hit only one target with it (when it does double damage) and 15% slow otherwise. In LoL... Who knows.

Cryov

03-11-2011

It does 15% slow if you hit multiple targets with it, if you just hit the champ while he is alone/on the run it is 35%

Craixis

03-11-2011

Its like why does no one get Rylia's on Veigar?

Darkmatter hits sooooo much more often when your target is slowed by Baleful Strike, you don't even need to use your Event Horizon in that case (guess its just a preference thing).

Rezyk

03-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryov View Post
It does 15% slow if you hit multiple targets with it, if you just hit the champ while he is alone/on the run it is 35%
Are you sure about the alone case? It seems strange that they would code in a special check for this case.

Craixis

03-11-2011

I think it acts as an AoE, just if it hits one target, it deals double damage (still not a single target spell).

Cryov

03-11-2011

I am positive it does a 35% slow when you hit them alone with laywaste w/ rylais
It may have something to do with the double dmg it does from laywaste if they are alone and makes it count as a non-aoe

Rezyk

03-11-2011

So to answer the original question, maybe a lot of players assume (like I would) that you'd always get the 15%.

Unicorns of Love

03-11-2011

noob his wall already slows more then 35%