[Champion Suggestion] Nightmare, the Blood Unicorn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadzin

02-08-2010

V. 1.1
Buffed Unnatural Hunger.
Lowered base damage.
Fixed some typos.
Added an AP coefficient to Implace distance %.
Removed the damage cap from Impale.
V. 1.0
Made the Champion

Story
: Before corruption of various magics fell upon Twisted Treeline it was filled with many magical beings. Unicorns were a proud race of magical horses, colored pure white, with silver and golden horns. Unicorns are naturally resistant to magic, however all beings have their limit. Corrupt magics seeded into the race of unicorns, driven insane, the began attacking all living creatures in sight, after killing them, they would then proceed to consume them. Turning upon each other, the unicorns are all but extinct now, just one remains - Nightmare. The sentient silver glow in her eyes is all but gone, her hooves horn and head are now stained with red, a horrific and fearsome sight she is. She was summoned into the League of Legends to represent the last of her kind.

Appearance: We all know how unicorns look right? A white horse with one single silver horn, and silver hooves. Nightmare's appearance is a bit different, her hooves horn and area around her mouth are covered in blood (creepy huh? :P). Also she looks like she is starving, being skinny, and her sides showing ribs. The best representing picture i could find is this
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ff...mg-unicorn.png

Animation: On regular atacks, Nightmare would raise her front so she can hoof her targets, as well as just bite her targets. On critical strikes she would strike the target with her horn.

Quote: “I hunger for flesh”
Joke: “Eww! I'm covered in something warm and sticky...”
Taunt: "I shall skewer you!"
Dance: (Open for suggestions)

Health: 415 + (85)
Mana: 165 + (32)
Movement: 325
Armour: 15 + (4)
Magic Resistance: 35 + (1)
Ability Power: 0
Attack Damage: 55 + (5)
Attack Speed: .50 + (.8%)
Critical Chance: 2.75 + (.35)
Range: 100
Dodge: 0

Carrion Feeder: (Passive) Turning into a mere shell of her former self Nightmare has no problem consuming corpses, on kills she consumes some of the corpse healing herself for 5/10/15% of target's health.

Comments: Basicly lets say she kills a minion who had 300 health and she had lvl 3 passive, she would heal for 45 health, and lets say she kills a hero who had 1000 health, at lvl 3 passive she would heal for 150 health

Impale (Q): Nightmare charges towards the target, anyone standing in the way would get pushed aside and take minor damage of 20/50/80/110/140 (+0.6). Upon reaching it's target Nightmare impales it with her horn causing 10/20/30/40/50% (+0.05) of distance traveled in damage and knocks the target into the air. Costs 80/90/100/110/120 Mana, has 16sec Cooldown, and range of 500. Can be canceled by pressing "Q" again.

Comments: So this is going to be your bread and butter, a chase skill that would cause a power first style knockup upon impact, this causes distance in damage, it does more damage the further the target runs away, basicly if you start the charget at 500 range at lvl 5 of this skill and the target flashes and runs further then 1000 range from the point of charge, you would do 500 damage and a knock the target into the air. Of course the spell has its drawbacks, you can't use it to run away, and at close range it does almost no damage, but still knock ups. Nightmare would continue charging untill the target is reached, or the target cleanses. Visually, Nightmare lowers her head and charges the target, the targets gains vision of Nightmare and Nightmare gains vision of the target (even if they stealth), all the hostile targets standing in the way would get pushed to the side and take damage, Nightmare would just pass through allied targets.

Unnatural Hunter (W): Nightmare's body has addopted to a new way of hunting, causing bursts of speed. Every 4th attack Nightmare gains a bonus atack and movement speed (both multiplicative). Increases atack speed by 2/4/6/8/10% and movement speed by 1/2/3/4/5%. Buff lasts 4 seconds. Buff Stacks up to 5 times.
Active: When activated causes the buff to activate on every attack for 10 seconds.
Activation Costs 100 Mana, has 14 sec Cooldown.

Comments: An oh so popular passive/active of LoL This gives a buff every 4 atacks, not very useful early game, since your atack speed would not grant you a constant much less a stacking buff, however late game this is very much since its a large buff not to mention it's multiplicative. As for the activation, you get a stack on each hit, and since it gives you some nice AS boost you can get 5 stacks rather easily and kill your target.

Blood Splatter (E): Nightmare splatters blood on nearby enemies infecting them with desease, slowing them down by 20% for 3 seconds and causing 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2) damage over 5 seconds. Costs 70/90/110/130/150 Mana, 14 second cooldown, Point Blank AoE of 300.

Comments: Simple, yet effective, a point blank AoE slow with a dot. Visually it would look like Nightmare swings her head wildly from side to side causing blood to fly from her mouth and horn.

Deranged Fury (Ultimate) (R): Nightmare drives herself into a deranged fury, Completely covering herself with blood. The blood acts as a protective shield, absorbing 200/400/600 (+1) magic (only) damage, and causing all (current level of) Blood Splatter infection to all atackers. In addition Nightmare gains 20/30/40% increased physical damage, and kills performed under the effects of deranged fury grant Nightmare double the bonus from her passive (Carrion Feeder). Lasts 15 seconds at all levels. Costs 150/250/350 Mana, Self cast, Cooldown 120 seconds.

Comments: I admit it Nightmare is an ult assassin, but who isn't? Katarina, Evelyn, Yi, Twitch just to name a few. The skill when activated creates a blood barrier, which works like morgana's shield (prevents application of negative effects till the shield is destroyed or the duration ends), all autoattacks would cause the blood splatter effect (non stacking and non refreshing, meaning if you get auto atacked once they get blood spaltter and it is not renewed till the current one runs out), additionally Nightmare gains increased physical damage, and kills performed while your ult is up would give you double the amount of healing. Visually it would look like this: Nightmare lets out a shreaking yell, the blood stains from her hooves mouth and horn would then extend on the rest of her body, covering her completely in blood (lol she just looks red :P)

Tactics: The strategy to aplying Nightmare would be as follows, you sit in a bush till you see a low level hero and when he is very low charge and ks him! xD Lol ok technicly you could do that, but trust me this little mare is nore then capeable of killing champions herself. The execution is as follow, you start out with a charge, when you get to your target and knock him up into the air immidiately use blood spaltter and pop your ultimate and unnatural hunter. Then you can just run them down, since you would be doing incresing amount of damage due to stacking, if they try to fight, your shield would abosrb the slows and all the other **** they throw at you, and if they decide to auto atack you they would regret it since they would get another blood splatter on them, if you kill them you get healed for a percentage of their health, and if you managed to kill them while ur ult is up, then you get double the heal

Classified as a Assassin, Melee, Chaser, Heal

So what do you guys think? You like this horsy? :P

Links to previous suggestions:
Maws, The Land Shark
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=48805
Darchrow, The Enigma
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=55485

Kadzin

02-08-2010

Lurkers are like Queue dodgers.
They are everywhere!
Bump
Cmon people lets get some posts in here

bad element

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

i give this a +1 without even reading it yet

because a nightmare unicorn is a cool idea

and dont worry im gonna read it now

Kadzin

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad element View Post
i give this a +1 without even reading it yet

because a nightmare unicorn is a cool idea

and dont worry im gonna read it now
A POST! OH THANK HEAVEN! ^^
Thank you for the feedback
I hope you like my idea.
All the feedback is appreciated good or bad!
I always got room for improvement

Kadzin

02-09-2010

c-c-c-combo bump!

ThePinkElephant

02-09-2010

unicorns? lame.

Miidnyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2010

i like this idea :]
evil unicorns ftw

Kadzin

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkElephant View Post
unicorns? lame.
Not a fan of twisted creatures?
like lets say Strawberry shortcake murderring everyone with a chainsaw but still having an innocent smile on her face?
Oh well feedback i still feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miidnyte View Post
i like this idea :]
evil unicorns ftw
TY I appreciate the feedback ^^

Keep it up people!

Churchy

Friend of Urf

02-09-2010

Unless she has the lowest paper health ever implemented, she would be too powerful.
Increase movement speed with every hit, a slow, a charge, and a knockup.
Basically she can chase like poppy, but her charge knocks into the air and she also has a slow.

Kadzin

02-10-2010

Thank you for the feedback.
Although I do agree that she might be slightly overpowered I would like to assure you
that her movement speed increase is pretty low and only stacks on every hit when activated, her slow is a point blank aoe, meaning she has to be in melee range for it to do something, a single target knockup, and her charge is nothing like poppy. Poppy's is instant, and fast nuke, poppys is a an accelerating charge, i might leave a comment at the skill later that it's an acceleration and not an instant dash like poppy's. Also all those skills cost mana, and she is not one of those champs with good mana pool :-/