[sion] dps warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyst

02-07-2010

[SION] DPS WARRIOR

I have seen many people try items such as trinity force or dual stacking Infinity blades (yes it is a joke of a idea). These ideas can work for the random player I guess 'sometimes' but you need a more reliable dps build?

Mastery
We are going to be exploiting critical hits and damage.
Obviously we are going to focus on Offensive branch

Pro

• Massive damage
  • People run from you
  • End game you are extremely fast
  • Can take most end game 1v1 or 1v3 depending
Con
  • Slow to start (It can hurt if early harassed... and death is very very bad...)
  • Slow attack speed
  • Slow movement

• Offensive
    • Tier One
      • [3] Deadliness
      • [1] Cripple
    • Tier Two
      • [4] Sorcery
      • [4] Alacrity
    • Tier Three
      • [3] Sunder
    • Tier Four
      • [3] Lethality
    • Tier Five
      • [1] Havoc
  • Utility
    • Tier One
      • [3] Perseverance
      • [1] Gods Hands
    • Tier Two
      • [4] Awareness

Runes
Like most builds this can vary but the absolutely most important runes are
quintessence and mark these must be Furor. Some suggestions for Seals and Glyphs include dodge, critical chance (makes start a lot easier), attack speed (for when your ult is down)

Items
First start with brawlers and 2xHealth potions
Here is the rest in order...

[2] Alvarices
These allow us to attempt a come back if bad start and also if decent start fill our inventory quicker while providing amazing 12% critical rate for low cost. You might be thinking this will slow other items... well 12 minutes of lane you paid for it and not to mention amazing 24% critical rate that you had while in lane anything over this time is just free gold
[1] Boots of Speed
Sion runs slow... real slow
[1] BF or Boots
This will vary depending on if you are getting stunned/snared a lot (pick up a pair of mercs), if everything is well up to this point the extra damage really makes those critical hits cry OUCH
[1-2 varies] Zeal
This item is just so impressive it will blow your mind. It provides everything dps sion is lacking movement speed, critical chance and attack speed! It was made for dps sion
[1]Infinity
Love or Hate it this item is the best of the best for a critical based build. Expensive but fits our needs
Rest of the items I will leave up to you to figure out but just think for a moment what zeal's can become...

Summoner Spells
Exhaust is a MUST, your run speed hurts early game and this + stun allows you to catch almost all those slippery devils... while at same time protecting you.

The second spell would be.
Ignite/Rally, I personally prefer ignite for killing early game, rally could help more with range harassment.

Skills
Obviously this part is simple.
Start: 1 Glaze or 1 Enrage (depends on lane partner)
Remember 1 point in glaze till everything else is maxed.
Focusing on enrage unless Ult is available for leveling.
Your caress is not a damage dealer for you , it is a short/small damage absorber.
(works wonders on tower diving with ult up)

Please feel free to leave comments..

This build will give you about 750ish to 900ish critical hits end game with about 100% chance to critical hit.

Unless heal debuffed you will heal that amount each hit when cannibalism is going and 50% to allies in small radius (it is very noticeable amount specially at the rate you swing)
length of game depends on your overall hp but you will nearly have about 3k to 4k hp for long game and almost 3k for short.

Bonemasher

02-08-2010

Mastery
Your Mastery's are fine of course any dps melee has the same masteries

Pro's/Con's
going the crit Sion build looks good on paper he does good dmg starts with high attack damage and enrage is just pure win however if you go crit you crit high but you attack slow besides shield which is only 300 dmg is your only defense other than your ult.

ya people run from you but in a team battle you are a trind without 6 sec god mode which is a dead Sion because Sion isnít hard to kill even with his ult 2 people on you with the crit build and your dead and 1 exhaust and youíre out of the fight minus your stun but anyone with a brain wonít use a ability that is completely countered by 1 stun when thereís a Sion around you donít need speed end game when you engage

you should have no trouble getting up close if it is your team isnít team battling right

Sion is good at 1v1 in any spec but if you can do 3v1 your fed or their complete noobs 1 blind or stun and they should be able to burst you down if not congrats you just beat 3 noobs.

Sion is fast at start combine the stun with high damage hits with a decent partner and you should be able to get first blood in 2.30 mins if not your fighting tower hampersí

slow attack speed is the bane of Sion if a frozen heart or a blind or stun gets you in a team battle there goes your dmg and your life steal from your ult you will die prob before you can even get out or kill anyone

Mastery
why donít you take archaic knowledge its free 15% magic pen and since 2 of your abilities and the damage from enrage is considered magic its allot of extra damage and its just 1 point considering how much you use these abilities you should get it

and I donít expect to be dying a lot and 10% is not that much off and if you are needed in that time you are prob are going to lose anyways

the armor pen mastery is not worth it you wonít notice it there is Last Whisper if you need armor pen and its only 2k and has 40% attack speed and 20 damage

Sion is a mana hog in team battles getting expanded mind is better than more exp too because the exp mastery is only useful up to level 18 and the mana is forever

Runes
Furor runes are fail they are good near the end because you have low crit in the beginning if you take crit runes all the way with mp5 runes for your glyphs to help your mana at start as you start with 200 mana and gaze takes 120 getting that 20 mana for the 2nd gaze at start is sweet and a guaranteed kill plus the enemy cannot anticipate a crit at level 1 so thereís a good chance starting with a 20% crit chance you can turn the tide in 1 hit.

Summoner Spells
you do not need exhaust you got a stun every 8 sec and the stun lasts 2 sec that is 6 sec they can run at a time if you canít kill them in that you fail

ignite is required because in the beginning you get first blood with it in team battles itís a lot of damage on demand and its good for ganking which Sion should roam with his stun on demand

ghost or flash is a good choice because Sion canít get away from people very well and this allows you to and you again can use it offensively while you roam or team battle

eg. a fed twitch on the enemy team but everyone else is not but you canít get to him when the battle starts he pops out and s&p's you flash to him stun him and your team owns him then you win good job you won the team battle for your team

Skills
you do enough damage with your melee you want enrage rank 1 at level 2 (this is to get hp rolling for you since when you kill something your hp goes up) and shield rank 1 at 5 (your defense from ganking, tower diving, and save me) you want gaze at max rank for harassment and for ganking when you hit someone with a 300 gaze in early to mid game they feel it and it gives your allies 2 sec to go on him plus when you are getting ganked this helps protect against tower divers no one wants to take 300 damage and be trapped in tower range for 2-4 sec since they have to run out of tower range after the stun ends

Items
with the 20% crit already crit is not a big concern any more however since your ult gives extreme attack speed and life steal why not complement it with more start with a regrowth pendant for hp regen at start helps with enemy harassers and prolonging your time in your lane also is a item for your philosopher stone which is your mana regen, then get your boots you want zerker or merc treads if they got a lot of slows.

then you want some damage upgrades so letís start with a malady gives attack speed life steal and damage (5) and +(5) every hit after that then get a sword of the divine its attack speed 50% and gives a extra 100 damage every 4th hit with these 2 items and boots never mind your ultimate you will do a lot of damage and you got 30% life steal and all these items are cheapish making them easy to get fast and give you the edge after these items you go for more crit getting cloak of agility and executioners calling also you can sell your philosophers stone at level 18 and get more crit because team battles will end before you empty your manaÖor should this gives you massive attack speed, 70% crit and 45% life steal without your ult this rapes people so fast and you life threw all that life steal I have gone into a team battle and had 3 people on me and stayed at full hp and one was a yi with infinityís edge and you donít even need your stun to get kills you can use it for utility

This is out of my experiance and i played him all threw beta and all up till i started playing poppy but i improved a hell of a lot when using this build

Judah the Lion

02-08-2010

ShowMeYourMoves also has a great DPS Sion guide that still applies. You could make some ref. off of that too.

Sion wins.

Cyst

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemasher View Post
Mastery
going the crit Sion build looks good on paper he does good dmg starts with high attack damage and enrage is just pure win however if you go crit you crit high but you attack slow besides shield which is only 300 dmg is your only defense other than your ult.
You do NOT attack slow if you follow my guide maybe you should rethink the ignorance you just demostrated ty.

Quote:
ya people run from you but in a team battle you are a trind without 6 sec god mode which is a dead Sion because Sion isnít hard to kill even with his ult 2 people on you with the crit build and your dead and 1 exhaust and youíre out of the fight minus your stun but anyone with a brain wonít use a ability that is completely countered by 1 stun when thereís a Sion around you donít need speed end game when you engage
Not sure what to say, either you need a cookie or you need to stop and think any MELEE DPS IS DOWN FOR COUNT IF THEY ARE EXHAUST AND FOCUSED ON...
Difference is unlike YI or Pantheon SION is alot tougher higher hp and armor.

Quote:
Sion is good at 1v1 in any spec but if you can do 3v1 your fed or their complete noobs 1 blind or stun and they should be able to burst you down if not congrats you just beat 3 noobs.
Same as above could be said for any dps melee nub... but if you follow my guide you will have extreme run speed to get out of sticky situations.

Quote:
Sion is fast at start combine the stun with high damage hits with a decent partner and you should be able to get first blood in 2.30 mins if not your fighting tower hampersí
This makes me think you never played sion WHICH I HAVE DONE.... SION IS SLOW NOT FAST

Quote:
slow attack speed is the bane of Sion if a frozen heart or a blind or stun gets you in a team battle there goes your dmg and your life steal from your ult you will die prob before you can even get out or kill anyone
Think my zeals speak for self but if you want to keep speaking out your ******* keep it up

Quote:
why donít you take archaic knowledge its free 15% magic pen
Because that is % first off not even straight penerate which is alot more useless
Sorc boots would be more useful... NEXT OFF THIS IS NOT AP NOOB SION THIS IS DPS SION... go back to troll farm they calling.

Quote:
Sion is a mana hog in team battles getting expanded mind is better than more exp too because the exp mastery is only useful up to level 18 and the mana is forever
sion only uses mana alot if you play him like a noob as a fin caster... this is not caster sion you fin moron ... i think i made that obvious clear. Please troll else where TY!

Quote:
Furor runes are fail they are good near the end because you have low crit in the beginning
Again you talk out your butt ~30% crit at start is low? What the hell you smoking pub
Quote:
you do not need exhaust you got a stun every 8 sec and the stun lasts 2 sec that is 6 sec they can run at a time if you canít kill them in that you fail
Yea lets get clarity and heal and be a noob... ffs you have no clue what you are talking about check sions run speed than come back and talk noob.

rest of your advice is all <blank> made for a moron building a AP sion.
Go back to troll forum

Cyst

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post
ShowMeYourMoves also has a great DPS Sion guide that still applies. You could make some ref. off of that too.

Sion wins.
You are not seriously suggesting a sion build with sheen for dps are you???

What the hell crack are you on man...?

Bonemasher

02-08-2010

You do NOT attack slow if you follow my guide maybe you should rethink the ignorance you just demostrated ty.

your attack speed is faster from your items but any other melee carry will attack a lot faster then your zeal spams that in total are only 40% that is **** you will do ****ty damage if you cant attack fast any other melee carry with infinity's edge will annihilate you in a team battle

Not sure what to say, either you need a cookie or you need to stop and think any MELEE DPS IS DOWN FOR COUNT IF THEY ARE EXHAUST AND FOCUSED ON...
Difference is unlike YI or Pantheon SION is alot tougher higher hp and armor.

most other melee carries have a way to defend themselfs from this or make exhaust less effective, sion has less armor then pantheon and unless your in a hour plus game you got about 2500 hp which is more then most carries but they again got abilities that makes hp not as an issue

Same as above could be said for any dps melee nub... but if you follow my guide you will have extreme run speed to get out of sticky situations.

your telling me with your +16% move speed you can evade ganking/assassin heroes i think you dont know what your talking about if you can get away from anyone with any kind of slow they fail hard exp if theirs more then one

This makes me think you never played sion WHICH I HAVE DONE.... SION IS SLOW NOT FAST

sion starts with one of the highest attack damage scores in the game he has a stun any hero you are grouped with has a slow stun root or a punt/grab the enemy has to pop flash or ghost to get away or be fast on cleanse and pray you just suck at early game. you do realize early game is like level 1-7 if you dont got 1 kill at least with sion you must be vs 2 high dmg ranged or you fail...like you

Think my zeals speak for self but if you want to keep speaking out your ******* keep it up

im sure that 40% attack speed does you well....all bow before the great zeals....theirs a reason that they only cost 1k gold

Because that is % first off not even straight penerate which is alot more useless
Sorc boots would be more useful... NEXT OFF THIS IS NOT AP NOOB SION THIS IS DPS SION... go back to troll farm they calling.

the pen helps if increases the damage and when you are spaming gaze with a 8 sec cd over the course of the game that adds up to be worth 1 mastery point its alot more useful then -3 armor...and 2 of sions ability do 300 damage which is alot considering most of the game most people are under 1500-1800 hp that does not make him ap noob its just reinforcing his key abilities....go back to noob island

sion only uses mana alot if you play him like a noob as a fin caster... this is not caster sion you fin moron ... i think i made that obvious clear. Please troll else where TY!

he is not a caster but when you got a stun on demand that can shut down many peoples ult that would otherwise rape your team if you dont use it every 8 sec you are a noob its a 2 sec stun in 2 seconds you can kill everyone who is not a tank and you should have your sheild up all the time in battle its 300 dmg absorbed or 300 damage and by the way its ok to say **** your mom wont read this

Again you talk out your butt ~30% crit at start is low? What the hell you smoking pub
Yea lets get clarity and heal and be a noob... ffs you have no clue what you are talking about check sions run speed than come back and talk noob.

yea ok you do 30% more damage on your crits good job sion starts at like 6% you have a 6% chance to make use of those runes over a 19% crit chance with mp5 runes so you can do **** in the beginning...i never said i get clarity and heal...must of been something you do...and sion moves without any speed mod at 300 the max move speed of any hero without mod is 310 or 315 cant remember at this moment which means his speed is fine

rest of your advice is all <blank> made for a moron building a AP sion.
Go back to troll forum

maybe before you put yourself on the line and call someones build a ap sion when none of their items masteries or runes are for ap or their tactics you should actually read what they actually put and use that thing in your head