Jarvan seems kinda bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patyrn

03-10-2011

I find that no matter how tanky I build him, he dies while disabled before even being able to get off a knockup. I think his main problem is you give up a big chunk of his utility by pre-shielding, and without pre-shielding you die before you can cast it.

Has anyone else found him to be more effective than my experience?

ZodiarkSavior

03-10-2011

He shouldn't be played as a tank....He's a bruiser.

smokin thrills

03-10-2011

yes but we don't feed in high ELO like you do

Conman0210

03-10-2011

I find him lackluster...and when I say lackluster I mean he's not Xin, and that is an issue.

Two biggest issues that I personally have with him...

1. His dash "combo" is clunky and too hard to use, especially for what it actually does. Having to use two abilities for a dash and a knock-up is...meh.

2. His ult is extremely situational, and the vast majority of the time (in the hands of baddies) it will inhibit your team more than it inhibits your opponents. Ive gotten multiple triple-quadras against bad Jarvans that end up trapping his team within his ult. It's funny as ****.

CASHEW PEANUT

03-10-2011

Really? I just sorta initiate with his ult, can't be disabled while he jumps...
Also, Jarvan = free 2 -3 kills in a teamfight O.o the knockup is pretty easy to land

CASHEW PEANUT

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleSquirrel View Post
I find him lackluster...and when I say lackluster I mean he's not Xin, and that is an issue.

1. His dash "combo" is clunky and too hard to use, especially for what it actually does. Having to use two abilities for a dash and a knock-up is...meh.

2. His ult is extremely situational, and the vast majority of the time (in the hands of baddies) it will inhibit your team more than it inhibits your opponents. Ive gotten multiple triple-quadras against bad Jarvans that end up trapping his team within his ult. It's funny as ****.
HA this sorta. And I love fighting other Jarvans, theyre most likely terrible..

Patyrn

03-10-2011

Quote:

This is extremely well put. I just feel like a bad xin when I play him.

Quote:
He shouldn't be played as a tank....He's a bruiser.
That's all well and good, but if he dies without being able to do anything when tank built, how do you think he fares with DPS items?

Vaekarion

03-10-2011

Not sure how this is possible, but I'm terrible with Xin and I'm a decent Jarvan.
While his dash/knock up combo can be annoying at times, it also has more utility than just being a knock up. I scout bushes with the flag. I dash through walls to get away from ganks, or to gank someone. Planting the flag doubles the passive bonus on yourself, and gives armor/as to your allies.

The dash combo by itself is meh, but what you can do with it is so much more. I've killed a fair number of people running away by throwing flags on them. If that doesn't kill them, I can dash to it and hopefully catch them in the slow of Golden Aegis, or just see what situation plays out. If they get away, sucks.

I personally start with Null Magic Mantle and 2 pots. Combined with my runes is ~65 MR at level 1. Get Merc Treads first, then Chainmail vs more physical, or Negatron Cloak vs magic. Build either into Atma's or BV, then get the other one. From there, I just start getting DPSish stuff. Sometimes a Frozen Mallet for the permaslow/health gives a little bit more from Atma's. Sometimes go for an IE because of the Crit from Atma's scaling with the Unique Passive as well as just being an awesome item.

I dunno, games have to have fluid item builds based off the team comp you're facing. I just start kinda tanky and utility to set up ganks for my team, and get damage lategame.

Narvuntien

03-10-2011

I believe that is called balance

Bletzkarn

03-10-2011

If only you could write macros, right.

He is pretty simple I find. Banshee's Sunfire Atmas leads to pretty nice damage.