[Champion Suggestion] The Abomination.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milskidasith

02-07-2010

Fluff:

The Void, to many, is a place of horrors, unspeakable things, and unimaginable dread. To the denizens of the Void, there is a place far worse: The Abyss. A place where horrors so far detached from reality they hardly have form in Runeterra. One of the most horrifying, the most disturbing, of those horrors found a way out at the same time Cho'Gath did. It's true name is unspeakable, and it's true form is impossible to behold. It is merely called The Abomination.

Picture: http://newworldseve.files.wordpress....og-sothoth.jpg

In game, it would basically be a pool of yellow slime, with animations of the eyes and teeth rising up. It's attacks would have the teeth rise up and hit an enemy unit.

Health based character, no mana. Role is tank, focusing on long combat.

X Health 500 (+100 / per level)
X Move Speed 300
X Armor 30 (+3.5 / per level)
X Spell Block 20 (+1 / per level)
X Critical Strike 1 (+.1 / per level)
X Health Regen 3 (+0.17 / per level)
X Attack Damage: 75 (+3 / per level)
X Attack Speed: .5 (+.025/ per level) (not entirely sure on this or attack damage.
X Attack Range: 130

Passive:

Wretched Pool: The Abomination's wretched form allows it to ignore unit collisions. Whenever it is on top of an enemy unit, it applies a 1/2/3 (lvl 1/8/15)% slow every one second, stacking up to 10 times and lasting 5 seconds (refreshing on each new stack). His form is a 180+20/level area, though his "targetable" area is always the same size, centered on him.

Visually, his targetable area would be a massve mouth in the center, and the rest would be bits and pieces of ooze and eyes and such flowing outward. The area that could be hit would be signified because it was also a bit of a darker yellow than the rest.

This cannot hit stealthed units that The Abomination cannot see.

Design Intent: It allows him to be big, slow enemies down for chasing, and stop enemies from approaching his allies. It's not amazing, but hey, ignoring unit collision alone is nice, and it synergizes with one of his skills. Additionally, with the extra space he takes up but isn't targeted in, he can check out bushes more safely than other heroes.

Skills:

Q skill:

Acidic Form.

Passive: Every time his enemy is hit with The Abominations passive, they take 5/8/12/16/20 (+.033 per AP) damage per second per stack. This DoT lasts for three seconds, rather than the 10 of the slow, and is separate (no Highlander's removing this one.)

Active: The Abomination hurls a chunk of himself at the enemy, immediately dealing 90/150/210/270/330 (+.75/AP) damage to the first champion it hits (skillshot) and applying eight stacks of acid to every minion in the line. He does not gain the benefits of Acidic Form *or* wretched pool while this is on cooldown. Cooldown 10 seconds, cost 30/50/70/90/110 health, range same as Nidalee's spear throw (800?), but fatter and slower. Speed is approximately 400 (about as fast as a champ with the +3 speed boots).

Design intent: It again rewards keeping the enemies in your AoE for the team, while providing a decent harassment early game if you can land it.

EDIT: The skillshot may hit stealthed enemies, but the passive may not.

Eye Spy

Passive: The Abomination detaches one of his eyes every 20 seconds, sending it out to scout. He has a max of 1/2/3/4/5 eyes out at once; if he has reached his max, he does not spawn any more eyes. The eyes last 40/60/80/100/120 seconds before dying. They can be moved (like Tibbers) but only by clicking on them. They have 100/150/200/250/300 (+2/AP) health. They can attack, but they deal no damage, instead applying a stack of wretched pool and acidic form with each attack. Base eye speed 400. They can only travel so far from the abomination before the connection becomes stretched, and they warp back to him. Their max range is approximately the range from the middle of the map to dragon/baron.

Active: A chosen eye becomes stealthed until it attacks. During this time, it will not attack without your command and becomes immune to spells (Reasoning: To prevent random AoE spells killing your squishy little eyes.) Attacking breaks stealth. CD 30 seconds, cost 100 health.

Design intents: Map control, more slows and DoTs! They have a relatively slow attack rate, but ****, drop an eye everywhere to keep up the scouting. This is mostly because I like map control and encouraging players to ward everything is never a bad thing. Now with a bit of a range limit and a time limit on the eyes, and no more oracles on them.

Abyssal Bite:

The Abomination stretches his form and moves his main "mouth" to the enemy, taking a chunk out of his armor and corroding his weapons. The enemy champion has it' attack damage and armor reduced by 10/20/30/40/50 (+.1 AP) for 3 seconds, and The Abomination is moved on top of him. Cost 40/60/80/100/120 HP, CD 15 seconds, range 550/600/650/700/750.

Design Intent: Gets him into teamfights faster, synergizes with all of his other skills except the eyeballs, and makes one enemy take more damage. It may require a little nerf to the armor and damage reduction, though.

And for the coup de grace, his ultimate.

Engulf:

The Abomination stretches his form and grabs every enemy in the area, dragging them back in and rooting (is that the one? They can attack and cast, but not move) them to the spot for 2/3/4 seconds and immediately applying 10 stacks of Acidic Form and Wretched Pool. The enemies are rooted roughly 300 units away from The Abomination, preventing melee attackers from attacking him. Range is twice the range of his passive. Cannot be used while Acidic Form is on cooldown.

Design Intent: Mass area control with yet more AoE damage.

Basically, I see the champs design as this: Know where the enemies are, stay in their face, make sure they have a hard time attacking, and keep them too slow to escape. The numbers could probably use tweaking, sure, but he's basically meant to just damage enemies over time and keep them slowed for his teammates.

Skill ideas:

Basic:

Fire and forget wards: Make an eye, stealth it, and watch lizard/golem/dragon/baron/the river/wherever. Leave it there. Bing a gank when somebody enters into range. If your allies gank them, have the eye attack to grab some free assist gold.

A brush with terror: Move by any brush you think the enemy is in. You'll gain sight, but since your actual targetable area isn't in the brush, they'll have to leave to attack you, and they'll take damage. Does not work as well against ranged champs as it does against melee champs.

Creeping without being there: If you're having trouble creeping due to harassment, use your Acidic Form's active to hit multiple minions; it's fat enough to hit all the melee and ranged enemies if you center it. It won't deal amazing damage, but it's enough to get last hits while harassed.

Moderate:

Staredown: Send in all five of your eyes to start harassing somebody in another lane. Sure, they're squishy, but just hit him twice with the eyes for 10 stacks, then hit again in three seconds. It's an easy 200 DPS to hit on somebody at max ranks with a good slow to boot.

An eye for your (allied) guys: Buy an oracles potion. Drop an eye or two in every lane. Your allies will love you. (Note: If eyes have wards removed from them, which is possible, then this isn't that useful. Likewise, it's less useful if the eyes don't get stealth, which is another possible removal.)

(Chemical) burn the world, basic: W in to a group of enemies and drop your ult. Everybody is snared, they're all taking pretty good DPS while being snared (possibly putting them out of range to hit your "core" if they are melee, while your team whacks away at them.

Advanced:

(Chemical) burn the world, micro style: W in to a group of enemies, drop your ult, and then have your eyes individually hit each enemy. This will keep the stacks you have on the enemies maxed even if they attempt to run; one click on each enemy and your eyes will keep chasing them, oozing all over the enemies.

The dastardly, *******ey ultimate deathfest: Combine your ult with one or more of the following: Gangplank's ult, Morgona's ult, Nunu's ult, Pantheon's ult, Amumu's ult, a sivir in general (fun AoE bouncing), or anybody else with an ult that hits an area.

To give an example, let's take Sivir, Pantheon, The Abomination, Nunu, and Morgona. Two carries, and three tank/supports (not an amazing team comp, but it's an example; feel free to substitute one for another carry, or kayle, or something). You run in and drop your ult, locking all the enemies in place, while sivir activates her ult and starts hitting them all with bouncing AoE death. Morgona activates her ult as you activate yours, and the enemies have no chance to flee. While she starts her ult, Nunu starts his and Pantheon starts channeling his. The enemies are all snared and get hit for the full blast of nunu's ult, then are stunned by morgona's when pantheon lands on their faces and begins to whack them. During this whole time, they are still all taking pretty big DPS (200) from your acidic form and Sivir is bouncing blades all around them. In short, you rape the enemy team completely.

Milskidasith

02-07-2010

Added in skill strategies.

Milskidasith

02-08-2010

Shameless bump.

Milskidasith

02-16-2010

Doubleplus shameless bump.

IamGrimm

02-16-2010

Stand on someone, stun the ****er and OMNOMNOM his face with your stacking slow.
Take in account you just follow him wherever he goes as well, as you simply tread over all minions and whatever the like that stands in your way. The passive is a bit too strong. Dude is huge too, meaning he'll just nom everyone in his goo.

E skill -> Go to enemy with huge range, applying that slow
Followed up by his R -> Yank everyone thats close to him giving that slow as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong on those two skills, but it seems like you mean that to happen.

All in all, I can see you put time in the post. You thought about your moves and you tried to make them original. That worked out well. The moves might have to be altered a bit to be less 'Jack of all trades master of all too'.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

I don't remember how stacked buffs work, do they wear off one at a time, or all at once? Meaning, 10 seconds after I move out of range of The Abom, do I regain full speed, or just shed a single stack and regain SOME speed?

Anyway, 3rd level of his passive is 15% slow per stack, thus a 150% total slow when fully stacked on a Champion, which is automatically accomplished if you use your ultimate. I am guessing that a 150% slow means they lose 150% of their base movespeed, including the boots bonus. So any Champion who has not invested in +50% worth of movement items (few caster items give move bonuses, and few tank items as well as I recall, so only Melee who focus on DPS with a certain few items would have +50%) will be completely frozen until 10 seconds after The Abom has moved away from them. While he stays nearby, they are ABSOLUTELY unable to move. Seems a TAD extreme. 1/2/3 would work just fine instead of 1/8/15

For a passive, lack of unit collisions alone seems like a good deal. That is half of a summoner spell right there, and permanent instead of for brief spurts of time with large recharge delay between uses. Most passives are pretty pathetic and nobody would even contemplate comparing them with a Summoner Spell, let alone having a FAVORABLE comparison with one.

Also, how will the passive work with Mercury treads? Just wear off faster?

Q: So, using this ability blocks THREE of your abilities for 10 seconds (Passive, Ultimate, and Q itself). It applies 8 stacks to minions, but I am assuming none to the target? Also, you don't specify a max number of stacks for the DoT, is it also 10? Must be at least 8.

Not sure if AP scaling works with DoT via debuff. I mean, what happens if you have 20 AP from items (no bonus due to rounding), and have Ignite with the Mastery? You slap 5 stacks on someone (base damage), then use Ignite (now 30 AP via Mastery) and slap on 5 more stacks. Does he take base damage (Original value), base +5 (Proper value), or base +10 (new value)?

Anyway, rank 1 of this for laning means you can slap your opponent with 75 damage, and get in 120 damage against all creeps you were able to catch (probably at least 3), which is pretty nice. 2 seconds later your Regrowth Pendant has recovered the full cost of the move, 8 seconds later it is available again. Powerful harrassment potential compared to any other skill I can think of (low damage on primary target, but nice bonus to subsidiary targets, and completely sustainable as far as cost goes). If the 8 free stacks also apply to your Champion target who takes the DD, that is nearly 200 damage, which is DEVASTATING at level 1.

W: Free wards is pretty nice. What is the sight range on them? If it is Teemo Shroom range, that's pretty useless. If it is standard Ward range, that is pretty nice, even without them being able to attack at all.

Main things I don't like here are the lack of a duration on the eyeballs, and the inability to be harmed by spells. That means a Champion MUST autoattack them to kill the buggers and shut down your sight temporarily.

Free wards from the start of the game is a powerful ability/tool if used well. Having JUST that aspect would be a worthwhile ability IMO. However, as written, except for the spell immunity it isn't really broken I think. Though passing your Oracle to the eyes is NOT fair, as you can keep one in the lane with each of your teammates so that they can protect it and you all gain Oracle/sight ward for free. Especially since the source of the Oracle won't be directly present for the stealther to deal with them like would be the case with a ward or the champion with Oracle being present themself.

Since you will most likely not keep the eyes with yourself, how worthwhile is the stealth? They would likely not be smart enough to avoid attacking, so would break stealth near instantly. The stealth thus only keeps them from showing up to other Stealth people (if neither of you have Oracle), Clairvoyance, and Sight Wards.

Maybe no passive spawning, just an active "drop an eye" ability which places a non-attacking eye in location which stealths itself and gives ward-range vision. Then you actually have to go to the location you are scouting yourself, instead of a no-risk capability to check who is near a tower, or look to see if their Lizard/Golem are alive, or possibly being attacked by a champion who is pretty low health to begin with.

E: I like it, except the reduced damage to Abom AND damage shielding that back to the enemies. Just sucking them in and max-stacking them with the slow/DoT is pretty good. Longer rooting and shorter cooldown alone are pretty worthwhile gains upon ranking.

Milskidasith

02-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xienwolf View Post
I don't remember how stacked buffs work, do they wear off one at a time, or all at once? Meaning, 10 seconds after I move out of range of The Abom, do I regain full speed, or just shed a single stack and regain SOME speed?
You regain alls peed when it wears off, adding stacks refreshes it. It could probably use a duration reduction, I admit.

Quote:
Anyway, 3rd level of his passive is 15% slow per stack, thus a 150% total slow when fully stacked on a Champion, which is automatically accomplished if you use your ultimate. I am guessing that a 150% slow means they lose 150% of their base movespeed, including the boots bonus. So any Champion who has not invested in +50% worth of movement items (few caster items give move bonuses, and few tank items as well as I recall, so only Melee who focus on DPS with a certain few items would have +50%) will be completely frozen until 10 seconds after The Abom has moved away from them. While he stays nearby, they are ABSOLUTELY unable to move. Seems a TAD extreme. 1/2/3 would work just fine instead of 1/8/15
That's my bad, sorry. I meant that it would be a 1/2/3% slow, and be changed at levels 1/8/15. I intended it to be a slow enough that they couldn't escape from you, but not so much that they couldn't move or anything, just 30%.

Quote:
For a passive, lack of unit collisions alone seems like a good deal. That is half of a summoner spell right there, and permanent instead of for brief spurts of time with large recharge delay between uses. Most passives are pretty pathetic and nobody would even contemplate comparing them with a Summoner Spell, let alone having a FAVORABLE comparison with one.
The champion is based on his passive. Sure, some champs have useless passive, but others have ones that affect their builds (Corki with +10% incentive to get damage, Singed with the sweet mana to HP, Blitz with the sweet mana to temporary shielding,) or affect their entire playstyle (Tryndamere, Twisted Fate.) Sure, it's a good passive, but that's the point; he's basically a giant passive blob of CC for your allies and light DoT.

Quote:
Also, how will the passive work with Mercury treads? Just wear off faster?
Yep, it wears off faster.

Quote:
Q: So, using this ability blocks THREE of your abilities for 10 seconds (Passive, Ultimate, and Q itself). It applies 8 stacks to minions, but I am assuming none to the target? Also, you don't specify a max number of stacks for the DoT, is it also 10? Must be at least 8.
Yeah, I meant for it to be 10. My bad on not describing it.

Quote:
Not sure if AP scaling works with DoT via debuff. I mean, what happens if you have 20 AP from items (no bonus due to rounding), and have Ignite with the Mastery? You slap 5 stacks on someone (base damage), then use Ignite (now 30 AP via Mastery) and slap on 5 more stacks. Does he take base damage (Original value), base +5 (Proper value), or base +10 (new value)?
What would happen is that when the buff is reapplied the damage would be corrected. So if I ignited somebody who got debuffed, they'd be taking the normal damage, but when you applied another stack the damage would be set to what it is with your new AP. That's just my guess based on the engine, but I dunno. My intent is for it to apply the damage based on your current AP, though.

Quote:
Anyway, rank 1 of this for laning means you can slap your opponent with 75 damage, and get in 120 damage against all creeps you were able to catch (probably at least 3), which is pretty nice. 2 seconds later your Regrowth Pendant has recovered the full cost of the move, 8 seconds later it is available again. Powerful harrassment potential compared to any other skill I can think of (low damage on primary target, but nice bonus to subsidiary targets, and completely sustainable as far as cost goes). If the 8 free stacks also apply to your Champion target who takes the DD, that is nearly 200 damage, which is DEVASTATING at level 1.
No stacks to the champ. Just the flat damage, so that the Ooze has something to at least threaten ranged enemies with. I'd like to note this thing is moving *extremely* slow, like, the speed of barrel roll, it's not as hard to dodge as a boomerang toss or rocket grab or anything like that. It might need a bit of a lower base damage, or not applying anything to creeps and a bit higher base damage, I'm not sure.

Quote:
W: Free wards is pretty nice. What is the sight range on them? If it is Teemo Shroom range, that's pretty useless. If it is standard Ward range, that is pretty nice, even without them being able to attack at all.
I was thinking around a bit below champion sight range. Not as little as teemo's shrooms, but not a ton.

Quote:
Main things I don't like here are the lack of a duration on the eyeballs, and the inability to be harmed by spells. That means a Champion MUST autoattack them to kill the buggers and shut down your sight temporarily.
Yeah, a duration on them is probably fine; since they spawn every 20 seconds (CD could be changed; hopefully I'll make these tweaks next round), I could make it 120 seconds so by the time you spawn your fifth eye the first one is pretty close to death. Spell immunity is only there so they don't get killed by random AoEs.

Quote:
Free wards from the start of the game is a powerful ability/tool if used well. Having JUST that aspect would be a worthwhile ability IMO. However, as written, except for the spell immunity it isn't really broken I think. Though passing your Oracle to the eyes is NOT fair, as you can keep one in the lane with each of your teammates so that they can protect it and you all gain Oracle/sight ward for free. Especially since the source of the Oracle won't be directly present for the stealther to deal with them like would be the case with a ward or the champion with Oracle being present themself.
Yeah, I think the oracle part can be entirely dropped.

Quote:
Since you will most likely not keep the eyes with yourself, how worthwhile is the stealth? They would likely not be smart enough to avoid attacking, so would break stealth near instantly. The stealth thus only keeps them from showing up to other Stealth people (if neither of you have Oracle), Clairvoyance, and Sight Wards.
Well, I was under the assumption they flat out wouldn't attack while stealthed, like a sitting teemo, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Maybe no passive spawning, just an active "drop an eye" ability which places a non-attacking eye in location which stealths itself and gives ward-range vision. Then you actually have to go to the location you are scouting yourself, instead of a no-risk capability to check who is near a tower, or look to see if their Lizard/Golem are alive, or possibly being attacked by a champion who is pretty low health to begin with.
This is another worthwhile idea for a remake, although I still like the idea of them moving around. Maybe they can't go farther than X distance from the abomination? It doesn't stop tower scouting while laning, but you couldn't sit at your tower and have an eye on all four runes and one floating around pointing out where MIA people are going to gank.

E: I like it, except the reduced damage to Abom AND damage shielding that back to the enemies. Just sucking them in and max-stacking them with the slow/DoT is pretty good. Longer rooting and shorter cooldown alone are pretty worthwhile gains upon ranking.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean R, and yeah, that's true, but with the way it works using it is going to get him bashed pretty hard. Then again, other champs don't have it on their AoE ults, so I suppose it can be dropped.

Also, I'd like to point out to Grimmz that The Abomination has fairly bad base damage even with Acidic Form (200 DPS before MR, with 1 more DPS per AP if you can get 10 stacks on). E'ing towards a champ for initiation is powerful, I admit, but the range itself is rather short to start with, and can be kept low range since it scales well anyway. But with his fairly low base damage form skills and autoattacks, it's entirely possible that an attempt for the abomination to gank an enemy would result in him dying in a 1v1; enemies he ults are only rooted, which means they can freely attack him. He's a team player who's basis is massive AoE damage and a decent AoE slow with some map control added in (perhaps too much map control, at the moment) help out the team, but he's pure tank for the most part.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2010

If the Q skill is easily dodged, then it should probably have a higher base. But having the effect against the creeps makes it still worthwhile, that would be the PRIMARY use for it most of the time, but the fact you might catch an enemy with it is a nice bonus (and in a close-quarters fight then you would lob it out for some added damage once everyone was max stack if your Ult wasn't going to be available anytime soon).

W: So range about that of an Oracle then. A tad shorter than Champion, but decent enough to tell what is going on around you.

Duration on the eyes should probably be used to keep them from being able to scout the opposite side of the map, so have them move slow enough and/or expire quickly enough that it is difficult. Though a duration (even a long one) alone deters you from spending the time required to maneuver them through the jungle to safely place them somewhere worthwhile.

Not sure if the stealthed eyes would be smart enough to not attack. My experience is that all AI controlled things attack any time something is in range (Tibbers/Heimer Turrets in the bushes, Shaco Boxes anywhere) I am not sure if a stealth Teemo has to manually disable Auto-attack, I swear that I read a thread once where someone complained about the game auto-breaking his stealth, and being informed of a key to disable auto-attack.

I think one important thing to remember while looking at the champion is that everything is mitigated by the fact that he is BLOODY SLOW (at least so I imagine) and thus cannot run from, nor chase, anything. So he needs a fairly beefy disable to have a chance to get away, and a nice lingering damage capacity to have a chance to kill someone who is cautious or has escape mechanisms.

Hrm... One final question: Does he have to SEE a champion to be able to apply his Passives stacks? Dangerous man for a stealth champion to accidentally walk past if not (though it shouldn't reveal them anyway, just make them take some damage and slow down a little)

Milskidasith

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xienwolf View Post
If the Q skill is easily dodged, then it should probably have a higher base. But having the effect against the creeps makes it still worthwhile, that would be the PRIMARY use for it most of the time, but the fact you might catch an enemy with it is a nice bonus (and in a close-quarters fight then you would lob it out for some added damage once everyone was max stack if your Ult wasn't going to be available anytime soon).
Yeah, but with it's good creeping ability for if you are getting harassed, it doesn't need much to be buffed.

Quote:
W: So range about that of an Oracle then. A tad shorter than Champion, but decent enough to tell what is going on around you.

Duration on the eyes should probably be used to keep them from being able to scout the opposite side of the map, so have them move slow enough and/or expire quickly enough that it is difficult. Though a duration (even a long one) alone deters you from spending the time required to maneuver them through the jungle to safely place them somewhere worthwhile.
Yeah, I think a duration of 120 seconds on them is probably enough, with their base move speed being, like, 300 without any ability to get boots, so they can only chase a champ down early game.

Quote:
Not sure if the stealthed eyes would be smart enough to not attack. My experience is that all AI controlled things attack any time something is in range (Tibbers/Heimer Turrets in the bushes, Shaco Boxes anywhere) I am not sure if a stealth Teemo has to manually disable Auto-attack, I swear that I read a thread once where someone complained about the game auto-breaking his stealth, and being informed of a key to disable auto-attack.
I'd hope they would, that's my intent.

Quote:
I think one important thing to remember while looking at the champion is that everything is mitigated by the fact that he is BLOODY SLOW (at least so I imagine) and thus cannot run from, nor chase, anything. So he needs a fairly beefy disable to have a chance to get away, and a nice lingering damage capacity to have a chance to kill someone who is cautious or has escape mechanisms.
Yeah, the champ has the slowest base move speed (300). I don't really feel comfortable going below that, because other champs already get a decent amount more speed than him and he has no escape mechanisms. If he enters a fight, he's probably not getting out, although at later levels his slow is enough he can outrun champs until the stacks end.

[/QUOTE]Hrm... One final question: Does he have to SEE a champion to be able to apply his Passives stacks? Dangerous man for a stealth champion to accidentally walk past if not (though it shouldn't reveal them anyway, just make them take some damage and slow down a little)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I'd assume it would work the same way AoEs currently work. I don't know if that hits stealths or not, since I don't play; I heard it hits some champs (I know that skillshots do) but I also heard stuff like Aniva's ult didn't hit a stealthed teemo she knew was there.

Milskidasith

02-18-2010

Edited in some changes. Eyes now have a duration and a (rather lenient) range restriction, and can no longer be used with oracles. Passives don't apply to stealthed enemies. No damage reduction on his ult. I also clarified a few things, such as the speed of his skillshot (400, a bit faster than a champ with boots), and the fact that his ult drags enemies and roots them just out of melee range, though most every melee champion has a way to approach him anyway.