Kayle ult is so underpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

03-10-2011

When Kayle's ult is "underpowered" - when you play like you're ****ing Zilean and use it on the guy who has 100 HP and is ignited, only to find he dies to the ****ing ignite anyway.

When Kayle's ult is "LOLLLL GODMODE" - when you play like you know what the **** you're doing and drop it on a teammate who's about to be focused, negating potentially ALL of the other team's burst damage, which can often be upwards of 3000 damage.

If Kayle's ult needs a buff, Shen's ult also needs an enormous buff, since clearly the global range and teleport don't make up for the fact that Kayle's absorbs potentially 4x more and has 1/3 the cooldown at all levels.

Jun41

03-10-2011

Yea Kayle ult sucks now.. since u can CC the person in it as well its garbage

Doriantv

03-10-2011

Kayle's ult is mediocre at level 3, and utter trash at levels 1 and 2. This compounds the problem of Kayle being too weak early on. I think a High Elo player told me (paraphrasing) that having Kayle on your team was the equivalent of basically telling the other team "hurrr durrr all the dragons are belong to you", since you've basically conceded all early teamfights.

Maha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

If a wild Malz appears, and drops his full combo on your carry, that 2 seconds is = survive. since he does all his damage (well, most) in a 2.5 second window.\
I've also gotten closest to rage quitting when Kayle's do that every single time i get a perfect combo off on someone as Malz >.>

EbonyKnife

03-10-2011

Yea its pretty ****.

Its a kinda decent ulti, but when combined with the rest of her subpar kit it really feels like ****.

Akuma Sente

03-10-2011

so sad tho when riot remake something that doesnt need changing they end up ****ing it up so bad

Whyumai

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dyne View Post
I personally thought her ult was a little too good before the nerf

Also Trynd is not even that hard to counter. His ult used to be 6 seconds, and the 1 second nerf really hurt him. You just need some crowd control man.
if you think Tryndamere's ult is counterable with hard cc, you should try Kayle's.

1 cc (2 @ max if they are short and the target has mercury treads) and it's gone.

Overall though, Kayle's lackluster ultimate aside, the funny thing is the rest of her kit was good. Till they nerfed it.

Now Kayle's just lackluster all round.

Her heal is the second worst heal of the game: (@level 5) Blesses an allied champion, healing them for 205 health and increasing their movement speed by 12% for 10 seconds. Only being beaten by Sona, who's heal is completely miserable (but has similar scaling as Kayle).

Righteous Fury and Reckoning are the current core of kayle's kit, and therefore are somewhat decent. Righteous Fury only really gives a ranged attack, some splash damage with a weak bonus to damage. It's a sad indicator of the one of the flaws of League of Legends that this is actually considered powerful (ranged attack = Powerful!). Reckoning does damage, slows for 4(!) seconds, and increases all Kayle's damage to the target. Long story short, there's alot going on with that one skill, it's her best skill. Mercury treads low the duration (I think) so it's got the same problem that Wither has.

Overall, she's kinda lackluster.

CEO o Dbags

03-10-2011

Kayle's ult is kind of a joke and has an incredibly (much more so than almost any other spell in the game) skill cap. Meaning if you're not amazing with it you're pretty much useless with it.

Blugyblug

03-10-2011

Its only good against burst damage like Veigar, Poppy and Annie

EvilShadow777

03-10-2011

Kayle's ult really just saved a teammate for 2 seconds. It doesn't stop their Singed from running in and flinging said teammate back and finishing them effectively wasting your ult.