So why did they take out the winter map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DewodahS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Thank you for the info Raptor. Good point on that 4v4 thing I hadn't really thought about what it could do to the que times. I had noticed the 3v3 que times getting ridiculous back before I had to take my long break from playing due to irl issues.

Thadeuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

I wonder if they will bring it back as they increase their resources and server capacities. I honestly would really enjoy new map....skins? I think you could call them? The various maps are pretty cool.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badeuz View Post
I wonder if they will bring it back as they increase their resources and server capacities.
File size is a problem on our end more than it is on Riot's.

nukular power

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Riot didn't want to expand the map pool partly due to file size reasons. Autumn was chosen over Winter in a poll of the community, so Autumn is the version that took priority ().
SO I have a 1TB drive in my personal PC. Just how big do you expect me to believe a LoL map file is that it's impossible to store THREE of them on a server?

Maha

03-10-2011

Cuz autumn has Urf's ghost, and is full of win!

Consumptus

03-10-2011

Bright White is very very hard on the eyes. Dark colors are better, which is why I voted for the Autumn map.