Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So why did they take out the winter map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DewodahS

03-10-2011

Thank you for the info Raptor. Good point on that 4v4 thing I hadn't really thought about what it could do to the que times. I had noticed the 3v3 que times getting ridiculous back before I had to take my long break from playing due to irl issues.

Thadeuz

03-10-2011

I wonder if they will bring it back as they increase their resources and server capacities. I honestly would really enjoy new map....skins? I think you could call them? The various maps are pretty cool.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-10-2011

Quote:
Badeuz:
I wonder if they will bring it back as they increase their resources and server capacities.

File size is a problem on our end more than it is on Riot's.

nukular power

03-10-2011

Quote:
PhailRaptor:
Riot didn't want to expand the map pool partly due to file size reasons. Autumn was chosen over Winter in a poll of the community, so Autumn is the version that took priority ().

SO I have a 1TB drive in my personal PC. Just how big do you expect me to believe a LoL map file is that it's impossible to store THREE of them on a server?

Maha

03-10-2011

Cuz autumn has Urf's ghost, and is full of win!

Consumptus

03-10-2011

Bright White is very very hard on the eyes. Dark colors are better, which is why I voted for the Autumn map.