So why did they take out the winter map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thadeuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

I mean yea I know they replaced it with the autumn map. But why not just add the map to the pool of maps? Would be nice to have 3 different map textures even if the map is the same. Was just wondering what you guys thing the reason is.

Drozzi

03-10-2011

Having three maps is too hard for riot.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-10-2011

Riot didn't want to expand the map pool partly due to file size reasons. Autumn was chosen over Winter in a poll of the community, so Autumn is the version that took priority ().

Judicator Wombat

03-10-2011

Doth thou suggest we gainneth features withe nary a loss inne returne? I fail to see howe yon business model woulde profit, make alle happie and what have we yet to expecteth?

CommandrPancakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

We voted for it.

DewodahS

03-10-2011

Aw I liked the winter map. WE still need an actual 3rd map to play on. Maybe a 4v4 map? I know there was the whole ordeal about Magma Chamber forever ago that people still rage over. Is there any update on that?

CthuIhu

03-10-2011

Yeah, I miss winter.

Sadface.jpg

onbsi

03-10-2011

I liked the winter more... you could actually see a difference in the maps, I never know when I'm playing an autumn map till after

Corpse Princess

03-10-2011

Because poor people with sucky-ass computers couldn't handle it. Apparently it made their FPS drop.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewodahS View Post
Maybe a 4v4 map?
Morello said a while ago that, for the forseeable future, all maps would be made as either 3v3 or 5v5. This is because when TT first came out, queue times for both maps were very very very long, as the player base was divided between "I really really want to try this!!!" and "I honestly don't care about that leave me alone." The SR queue times later restablized as people were disenchanted with 3v3, and those who like TT now suffer through very long queue times (upwards of 5 mins in some cases). Further divisions like this could be detrimental if the team size becomes widely popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewodahS View Post
I know there was the whole ordeal about Magma Chamber forever ago that people still rage over. Is there any update on that?
The current speculation is that Magma Chamber is done, but in the new style of the graphics update. The graphics update is probably being held as a counterplay to the launch of DotA2 in an effort to keep players in LoL instead of running off to the new version of the game.