C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

10-03-2011

UPDATE:

Q:
canceling the spell during the DoT no longer reduces the CD by the amount of time the DoT had left.

Icraig33

10-05-2011

UPDATE:

Q:
now deals 38/53/68/83/98 (+37% AP) starting/final burst damage from 30/47/64/81/98 (+35% AP) damage

DoT base damage reduced to 10/20/30/40/50 from 20/40/60/80/100

canceling the DoT now deals 70% of the original final burst damage rather than 100%

W:
Base damage increased to 60/110/160/210/260 from 40/90/140/190/240

Managain reduced to 40/45/50/55/60% from a flat 60%

Elithik

10-06-2011

How you had his one of his movement sayings be "Fear is the mind-killer" haha sand champion with Dune reference. That's funny.

Icraig33

10-06-2011

i'm assuming you didn't notice the other dune references? there are 3 :P

Icraig33

10-06-2011

UPDATE:

Q:

reduced damage changed to 50-90% from 70%

Aetherion1234567

10-06-2011

First off, I'd like to say that I'm not too big on numbers for the champion ideas found on this forum, because damage and cc length is best analyzed after plenty of gameplay testing and not on a theorycrafting basis. That being said, since you have included numbers for his skills, I think that his Q, W, and E all do a bit too much damage, especially considering the DoT and utility that his skills provide, though I do not feel it necessary to try and do a more in-depth analysis.

Second, and what I'd really like to get at, is that I think his passive is a little unwieldy. I feel that a passive that changes numbers based on items is a little awkward for what Riot likes to put out. Therefore, I have an idea (take it as it is, simply an idea) that might help. Instead of the passive you have right now, first eliminate the DoT from his Q and E. Then make his passive one that causes a DoT on any enemy unit/champion hit by one of his abilities, similar to brand, except in a flat (scaling with level) amount rather than Brand's %health. Then incorporate the ability to toggle his Q again (to cancel the DoT and cause extra burst damage) as part of his passive, only for the rest of his skills as well. Thus, he can now toggle his Q, W, E, or R again to end the DoT caused by them and cause burst damage. This would give him something unique compared to other champs as well as give him a higher skill cap that would reward timely activating his passive according to the situation.

That's all I have, and I hope it might help you. Once again, more important than the numbers or specifics, I really like the general feel of this champion, and think he would be a great addition to the League.

PS: The YouTube sand dance link was simply amazing and made my day. ^^

Icraig33

10-07-2011

I will take what you said into consideration

Fateborn

10-09-2011

Feedbacking this.

The Innate is nice, but isn't the penetrate bit too low? Perhaps spiking it up by 1 or 2, could helps.

As for Q, 99% of total AP seems nice, but isn't it bit extreme on how the mana per second are just 10? Wouldn't it be better if it works like 2 mana increasing by 1 per second to sustain the damages? Just a head-up

W seems like a free mana restore, giving him less necessary to blue pill back. A stronger version of Soraka's Infuse seems to be awful. At least make its cooldown bit higher. 20/19/18/17/16 will be helpful since it's free mana, similar to Soraka's Infuse. Current state of this would gives Catheeb too much power in mid lane or solo lane.

E is interesting considering it's a pet style combat spell am I correct? Basically Yorick's pets but more controllable. I thinks it's fine like this.

R is nice function of nunu's ultimate but less furiousing am I right? The cooldown reduction is another problem to W as I stated. It would be less nice to face against Catheeb considering this. Try another approach toward the free mana instead of this... thing.

That's all I can says.

Survivor of Hath

Recruiter

10-09-2011

I like it, the w seems to give him too much abuse though.

partier

10-09-2011

its uhm whats the word unquie(in a good way) not 2 strong or 2 weak so good job