C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

04-16-2011

UPDATE:

R: enemy miss chance and spell failure reduced significantly, now gives catheeb CD + mana cost reduction.

PriorityOne

04-16-2011

Quote:
Sand (innate): Catheebs Damaging abilities penetrates 5/10/15/20% of the targets magic resistance [NOTE:levels up at 6/11/16]
For some reason, I want to say the engine hard-caps defense penetration % at 50% so this is actually weaker than it appears. Endgame it will just mean the difference between 49% and 50% after you buy Void Staff.

Quote:
Desert Blast (Q): Catheeb launches sand at an enemy champion, dealing 60/70/80/90/100 (+35% AP) initial damage, 20/40/60/80/100 (+25% AP) damage over 5 seconds and costing an additional 5 mana per second afterwards and finally deal an additional 60/70/80/90/100 (+35%% AP) instant damage at the end. The spell can be toggled during the DoT to deal the final instant damage earlier and lower the Cooldown by the amount of time the DoT had left. [NOTE: toggling the spell during the DoT will cancel the rest of the DoT duration and damage. running out of mana during the DoT will cancel it.]
Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125/150
Cooldown: 12/12/11/11/10
Range: 600
Couldn't I just portal back to the fountain after hitting someone with this and let the fountain regen my mana while it killed the target? :P

Quote:
Sand Storm (Ultimate, R): Catheeb creates a big sandstorm (600 units big) around him for 10s. Catheebs spells deal 5/10/15% more damage, have 5/7.5/10% CD reduction and cost 10/15/20% less mana when in the storm, while enemies in the storm gain a 15/20/25% chance to miss attacks as well as 5/7.5/10% "spell failure" (chance to miss spells and abilities). The storm will dissipitate after 2s if catheeb leaves it. [NOTE: the AoE does not follow him around like fiddlesticks's Crowstorm]
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 120/115/110s
I think spell failure is one of those things that falls into Zileas' list of anti-fun things. It's "dissipate" and not "dissipitate" by the way.

Also, no recommended items?

Icraig33

04-16-2011

UPDATE:

R: removed spell failure, increased mana and CD redux

Also, @PriorityOne, Yeah i could alway do a recommended items thing. it's just that i don't know what items to recommend.

Flippin Bear God

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

wow what howd u move whole thread here

Icraig33

04-16-2011

I dunno, i guess riot (being the great, kickass people that they are) moved the whole thread here for me...

Also, UPDATE: added a 'Recommended Items' list (what i think would be fitting for this champ)

Flippin Bear God

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

...................i kri so much i had to move every single thread and relink evreything lol

K D Bonez

04-16-2011

In return for looking at your Champion, i'd be delighted if you looked over one of mine

Passive: I'm going to say that as it stands now, late game will be very powerful. 20% Spell Pen is half that of a Void Staff. I would at the very least say lower it to something like 2/4/6/8%

Q: The Mana cost on this is very very wonky. It's low early game which isn't bad, but the scaling is horrible. 150 at LV5? No Q in game as of right now is that far. I would suggest change the scaling to say 50/65/80/95/110. I would also suggest changing the AP Ratios from 35% to 40%. Leave the one that's 25% alone.

W: Personally, the HP Regen isn't good enough for converting HP into Mana. However, Spell Vamp may compensate. Can't really same more on this othe then that with ought actually trying.

E: State you throw sand at a target location. Only change I would suggest.... mabye up the AP Ratio a bit but that's just me.

R: In theory, this is okay. In practice, I do not believe this would be useful in the least. Mabye for tower poking or defending but beyond that, if someone sees you lay that down, they won't fight you. They know they can wait 10 seconds and then get you. If you however are the target of focus, and say you get Flung by Singed into the enemy, I can see this somewhat being useful. I'd much rather see it be a placement AoE DoT that provides all the bonuses minus the Dodge % as Dodge is pretty much a dead stat.

Again, I would be very appreciative if you would take a look over one of mine champions. Also, the link on the opening post is broken = X

Final note: HOW THE BALLS YOU ALREADY HAVE 10K VIEWS O_O

Harvester

04-16-2011

Recommendations: I realize that my opinion may not matter, however these are my suggestions. Ignore them if you wish, so...whatever.
His passive seems too plain, honestly.

Change his dehydration into a slightly-beyond-melee-range single target life steal ability. I think it works better with him. I think this would be a short suppression ability which deals a tiny amount of true damage with a large ap-damage ratio with a cap to the amount of lifesteal/spell vamp, depending on how you look at it. Small range, long-ish cooldown. The animation would be him charging at the enemy and picking them up, holding them by the neck with some sort of energy transferring from them to you.

For Quicksand, make it a placeable AOE which does a slow to everyone who walks over it and after a set amount of time after placing it all enemies with in it at that time are dragged to the center of the aoe and snared for a set amount of time.

Icraig33

04-17-2011

Soulharvest and K D bonez comments have been noted

Spiderfist

04-17-2011

Hey, a sand guy! Neat! I just made a sand guy recently too, Helel, the Desert Wanderer. I'm pleased that we both managed to take such a similar concept and theme but make two Champions who have very little in common.

Quote:
Sand (innate): Catheebs Damaging abilities penetrates 5/10/15/20% of the targets magic resistance [NOTE:levels up at 6/11/16]
This was very similar to my original Passive for Helel, but I ended up going a different route and giving him magic resist reduction built into one of his skills instead. Still, very cool, something about sand just yells to me "Erode away the enemy defense", so very good and thematic.

Quote:
Desert Blast (Q): Catheeb launches sand at an enemy champion, dealing 60/70/80/90/100 (+35% AP) initial damage, 20/40/60/80/100 (+25% AP) damage over 5 seconds and costing an additional 5 mana per second afterwards and finally deal an additional 60/70/80/90/100 (+35%% AP) instant damage at the end. The spell can be toggled during the DoT to deal the final instant damage earlier and lower the Cooldown by the amount of time the DoT had left. [NOTE: toggling the spell during the DoT will cancel the rest of the DoT duration and damage. running out of mana during the DoT will cancel it.]
Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125/150
Cooldown: 12/12/11/11/10
Seems completely reasonable. I'm a little confused on how it works, but the way I'm interpreting it sounds good. So it deals an initial amount of damage, then a DoT of more damage, then when the DoT expires there's a last bit of damage? But also, you can end the DoT early, losing that damage but gaining a sudden burst. Got it, I think. Only concern is that it should probably still have some cooldown if you toggle it off instantly, otherwise people would constantly spam it for the initial and closing damage and to get it off cooldown really fast. Every Champ needs a decent ranged harass/bread and butter damage skill, this serves that purpose nicely.

Quote:
Dehydration (W): Passive- Catheeb gains +5/10/15/20/25 HP/5s
Active- Catheeb sacrifices 8/8/9/9/10% of his health to replenish 6/7/8/9/10% of his mana
Cooldown: 7/6.75/6.5/6.25/6
This was one desert theme that I sadly wasn't able to fit into Helel. I like it though. The idea of conserving "water" and what not, very neat. Seems like it would allow him to stay alive in a desert, so it's thematic, and it's also useful. Can probably afford to give it a very short cooldown since it's more of a tradeoff than a gain.

Quote:
Quicksand (E): Catheeb throws a pile of sand 400 units wide at a single enemy champion, reducing the Mov Spd of the target by 25% for 1.5s. If the enemy does not manage to walk out of the space by the end of the slow, he will suffer 40/80/120/160/200 (+35% AP) magic damage and will additionally be snared for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5s. [NOTE: this is a single-target spell]
Mana Cost: 35/45/55/65/75
Cooldown: 10s
Sandtrap! Nice. Pretty cool spell. So it's targeted, and only affects the target, but the zone bursts out from them when it initially hits? Seems reasonable enough. A little bit of crowd control is good for anyone. I'm a big fan of things with counter gameplay, and this has it in spades.

Quote:
Sand Storm (Ultimate, R): Catheeb creates a big sandstorm (600 units big) around him for 10s. Catheebs spells deal 5/10/15% more damage, have 10/15/20% CD reduction and cost 15/20/25% less mana when in the storm, while enemies in the storm gain a 15/20/25% chance to miss attacks. The storm will dissipitate after 2s if catheeb leaves it. [NOTE: the AoE does not follow him around like fiddlesticks's Crowstorm]
Mana Cost: 100/150/200
Cooldown: 120/115/110s
Neat! I agree the spell failure chance probably would have been frustrating, but maybe you could give it something else, like a chance to silence or a magic damage reduction. Overall though, it's probably good, it's already a pretty good offensive steroid, doesn't necessarily need to completely rule defensively as well.

Very cool Champion, feel free to give mine a look and see how (surprisingly) much they differ.