C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

12-01-2012

Congratulatory 80-upvote bump! Let's try to get it to 100 upvotes!

also UPDATE:

Innate:
- stacks cap reduced to 10/20/30 from 10/15/20

E:
- Bonus range now has it's own shorter radius

Fangguard

12-05-2012

I think you need to raise the (+% AP) of his spell. He is kinda like a pure mage, so he need more (+% AP) for late game.

Icraig33

12-05-2012

well, which spell in particular?

Undying Templar

12-06-2012

Sounds like a male Cassiopea, Ever thot in changing the theme and appeareance?

Icraig33

12-07-2012

I have been thinking about adding to the appearance, but not outright changing it. I've grown too accustomed to the general look of the character to do that. The theme, hellz naw. None of his abilities would make any thematic sense otherwise.

Also, in terms of Cassiopeia, yeah I can understand the game-play similarities, since they ARE both sustained AP casters after all. But if you mean theme, then I can't agree with you. Just because C'theeb has a flying snake as a pet, it doesn't make their themes even remotely similar.

Icraig33

12-25-2012

Obligatory christmas bump!

Naezma

12-26-2012

Definitely a sand-casting champion is what LoL needs.. But it would have to be a female for sure.

Bliztron

12-26-2012

bump for a great concept ;D

DarkPercy

12-29-2012

Passive: Feels a little too weak to me xP. 20 stacks... You have to cast your Q on ONE enemy at least 4 times in a row to get a pitiful 20 Magic Penetration? And you are rarely ever going to be able to get full stacks xD. And there's no reason to make the passive less powerful early game xD. Your passive basically scales into late game by itself because of how Magic Pen works.

Just like there's a reason why Fiddlesticks' passive doesn't get higher numbers with levels. Basically, magic penetration increases your damage by a %. So if you do 100 damage, 20 Magic Pen will give you for example +8% damage, so +8 damage. Late game, if you do 1000 damage, 20 Magic Pen will still give you +8% damage, but in this case it means +80 damage. It scales into late game by itself.

I suggest you make the max stacks 10 and that you increase the magic penetration to at least three or more per stack xP. After all, all it does is increase only YOUR damage (because it's not magic resist reduction), and your spells are single target so you can pretty much only keep stacks up on one person at a time... If it takes you like 10 seconds to get full stacks, it should be at least rewarding (40 Mpen? Damn.)

The total AP ratio on Q seems way too strong because of the low cooldown IMO.

Everything seems really fun! I especially love the % of current HP cost on W :P. If you're winning lane, to have infinite mana you have to pay a lot of HP. However, if you're having trouble in lane and you're just trying to come back, it doesn't cost a lot of HP. Love it.

Your E sure is weird but it does work and make sense lol. I'm always open to these new ideas :P.

Ultimate: There really needs to be a change here lol. At rank 1, this is a Nocturne Spell shield on 165 second cooldown. Literally. Terrible lol.

At rank 3, this spell transforms your champion into a tank basically. You are forced to waste at least 5 of your spells on me or I deal stupid broken damage and completely destroy you and your team. Kind of like a stronger version of Nunu's ult. I don't think this is something you want on your mage? If yes, then you might wanna make your champion more utility based and stuff so he can support/tank ?

Weird ult lol. I'd like to see something else

Icraig33

12-29-2012

UPDATE:

Innate:
- Reduced the stack cap to 15 from 10/15/20
- Increased the MPen on stacks to 2 from 1

Q:
- DoT mana cost increased to 10 from 8
- Initial mana cost increased to 80/90/100/110/120
- Cooldown increased to 10/9/8/7/6s from 9/8/7/6/5s

R:
New effect: Now creates 2 mirrages of yourself that will mimic your spellcasts, each clone dealing reduced damage.