C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

09-22-2012

UPDATE:

Illan:
- Now increases cast range of abilities if the target is near Illan
- Spell bonus range reduced to 250/275/300/325/350 from 350/375/400/425/450

Icraig33

10-07-2012

UPDATE:

- updated the spell icon for E (the previous one looked really bad)

Icraig33

10-07-2012

UPDATE:

- Removed Animations list (I still have them in a Google doc in case people want to see it come back, but at the moment, it feels like a needless waste of space)

E:
- Now specifies that the leash range on Q will also be increased
- CC increase changed to 12/14/16/18/20% from 20%

Icraig33

10-10-2012

UPDATE:

E:
- Range increase now has has it's own range separate to the missle speed increase range
- Now specifies that the aura ranges are in radius, not diamater
- Cast Range increased to 1000 units from 800 units
- Now has damage fall-off on subsequent targets
- Mana cost increased to 55/60/65/70/75 from 50/55/60/65/70
- Missle speed reduced to 1000 units from 1150

Magic Resist

10-12-2012

WOW! So detailed and thought out. I really could use some player ideas on my champion concept.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2672322

Come check it out and post your ideas and detailed thoughts if you wouldn't mind

Styrgwyr

10-16-2012

Bump >.>

Icraig33

10-22-2012

celebratory bump for having passed 30,000 views!

Grann Brigitte

10-23-2012

I like the ultimate.. Very sand thematic. And the passive is a good idea (at least the explanation), although it's a little generic (and probably strictly worse than fiddle's passive)

Not really sure what the rest of the kit has to do with sand/desert theme, though. The snake's venom doesn't make much sense on someone with no cc to use it with, as catheeb is not a support and would likely not see much use from it in laning outside of jungle ganks. His Q is pretty much all drawback with very little reward , especially seeing as he has no mechanic to force enemies to stay in range (extending it's range with E is pretty negligible). Dehydration as a mana restore ability is just kind of broken- it has no real cost, does damage, has a short cooldown, and gives you a mana refund? And where is the flavor connection between stealing water from someone and it becoming mana- that's the kind of thing a water themed champion could do, but not a desert themed champion.

Then there is the E. This ability involves commanding his pet snake around. It seems like his primary damage ability, seeing as it has virtually no cooldown, huge range, and reasonable damage on hit. My major problem with this is that this guy is a sand mage, but most of his damage output is going to be from his pet snake. That's kind of silly, when you think about it. Typically, when someone's pet or secondary is going to be a major feature (Lulu, Orriana) it is in their passive and a part of most of their abilities. Wadjet feels too much like orriana's command attack, as is.

Just trying to be helpful, as always. It seems at the moment you are mostly doing number fixes, but I think there are some core design elements that could be spruced up.

Icraig33

10-23-2012

I'll take some of your stuff into consideration, but consider this as well:

Passive - The main thing that makes this as good as fiddlesticks is range. Illan acts as an arc node for all of C'theeb's other abilities. That, coupled with the longer than average ranges on all his damaging abilities, makes this a more reliable damage steroid than Fiddlesticks passive. Not to mention this passive penetrates more MR than Fiddles. What makes Fiddle's passive good is that all his allies can benefit from the reduction, while C'theeb's can only benefit himself.

Q - The spell grants massive damage; more damage than any other non-ult ability. It has 300 base (which is slightly above average for most spells) and 100% AP scaling (the highest non-ult I know off the top of my head in-game currently is 80%, though I may be wrong) on a relatively low-ish cooldown, considering the damage you can get with this bad boy. As for having no way to keep up the leash, it's easily solved by either targeting slow enemies, targeting enemies that are getting hit by CC or purchasing Rylai's Crystal Scepter. If I made CC built into C'theeb's abilities, He would be OP because of it.

W - It costs him health to cast. This, coupled with it's low cooldown, means that spamming it actually hurts himself more than helping him early on (unless you get HP regen runes/masteries). Not to mention two other details: the mana gained from this only gets fairly good later on in a game and he also has insanely low base mana and mana regen. As for thematics, It's magic-infused sand that dehydrates whoever touches it, giving that energy to the source of the spell. I do have a google document at the bottom explaining it. Also, Dehydration is something many people fear while in the desert.

E - Wadjets are actually very thematic to the desert: both in real life and in his lore. Wadjet is actually the name an very old egyptian deity: The goddess of Cobras. And if you've played Age of Mythology, You'll know these as winged serpents that shoot frikkin' laserbeams!
Also, lore-wise, Wadjets are Shurima desert inhabitants and enhance Sand-mages, making their own magic much more effective (which explains the whole arc-node gameplay). As for damage, yes, it does do the most damage out of his kit, but only in prolonged fights. Q and W is much much more effective when you want burst damage. So E ends up having two roles in one ability: Using it for damage in long teamfights/poking or positioning it to set up the other spells for massive burst.

KdubSuperstar

10-24-2012

Awesome Champ!