C'theeb, The Sand-Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

10-09-2011

UPDATE:

Innate: Flat amount cincreased to 5/6/7/8 from 4/5/6/7

W: Cooldown changed to a 20/20/19/19/18s from 20/18/16/14/12s

Merylindra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Hi,

A few thoughts:

This character's harass seems very strong. With a no cost mana restoring W, a controllable pet, and all spells being targeted, it'd be challenging to long-term lane against this champion. In itself that's fine. I would suggest making at least the W a skill shot though to make laning more challenging for the champion; make that mana restore contingent on being able to land it successfully instead of auto-hitting.

Regarding the E summon minion ability. You mention it does a dot based on AP, but you only give its AD damage ratio from the champion, not its AP. Do successive hits from Wajet refresh the DoT, does it stack, or does it wait to reapply until the first hit wears off?

That sandstorm is enormous. It's 20% larger than Nunu's absolute zero or Galio's Idol of Durand. I would suggest reducing the size to around 500-550. Also, thematically, you've tied "Sand" to spell penetration with the innate, so maybe you could include that in the sandstorm's effect? I would suggest replacing the the mana and cd reduction with 20/30/40% MR reduction on enemies in the storm or something similar. Makes it better for team fights (which a huge aoe is mostly for) and fits your established theme.

Finally, I would suggest adding a snare of some kind. Maybe in place of Wajet's DoT. You have fairly long cooldowns for most of the abilities and for an AP mage type that means if your initial burst doesn't kill that assassin you're going to die.

Overall, it's an interesting champion, very focused on sustained time in the field with burst damage. Pretty cool.

Thank you again for reviewing my champions

Flanwaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

I feel like the cooldown for a lot of his spells (especially his sand blast... thing) are a bit too high: his natural burst isn't quite high enough to call him a 'burst' mage, so such high cooldowns will make him somewhat impractical in extended team-fights. Either increase the damage for some of his spells slightly or lower the cooldowns a bit.

XIIILelouchXIII

10-11-2011

Its an interesting concept, and i like it to be honest. His R is especially interesting, buffing him, while still ticking away at the enemies hp. his Q is a little odd, looks like it would take time to get used to, but seems especially effective against runners. not so sure about W, reminds me of Vlad's Transfusion, but all and all, looks good to me.

Phin

10-11-2011

the armor and magic resistance is a little different from league burst casters. which are 70-80 armor and 30 magic resistance by lvl 18.

ElementSteel

10-11-2011

Hmm...this theme actually gives me an idea for my own concept...Haha. :P

Right off the bat, I can see this guy is meant to be ap because of the innate. I really wonder though, how would it work with Abyssal Scepter? Interesting, being able to stop a skill midway, reminds me of Janna, only more damaging and that mana per tick mechanic. I approve! Dehydration...standard magic damage with mana regeneration...I like that, but shouldn't the mana regen be perhaps slightly lower? 60% of the damage could be pretty big, especially if this guy is indeed built AP.
Wajet can get 100% of Ctheeb's attack? I guess that's alright if, once again, this guy is mainly AP. I'm not sure about the increase in specific CC durations, even if it's for a short time. For example, with the poison on someone, Ryze could get in and snare long enough for Ashe to show up and just kite the poor soul, even after Wajet's poison's over. I know that can happen already, but what I'm trying to say is that the extra time might be just what Ashe needs to reach in time. Lastly, not too keen on Wajet being controlled with alt-click and not being an ult. I think all the ult pets are controlled like so, but others like say Malz's pets can't because they're more readily available.
Not really a problem with the ult. All-in-all, I like this guy. Just a little iffy on Wajet is all. Still, +1. Keep going!

wants to sleep

10-11-2011

1) that is some sexy art, made me lol but it gets the point across.
2) the biggest issue I can see is that if he grabs some spell vamp, he can stay in lane forever (long range harass, can restore mana and with spell vamp can restore health... he just looks hellish to lane against, to the point of him being OP.
3) Other then that, everything looks fine to me. His numbers all look fine, and I can't see anything that would make him super OP/UP. The only comment I can make is that maybe his ulti should give his moves higher ratios to make him strong late game.

Sillybro

10-11-2011

Catheeb looks really awesome and his abilities are decent as well, but there is a slight adjusting needed.

Q, it's fine the way it is (and I really like it, it's like miniture Nunu ulti, but single targetting while it's less pressuring)

W. The cooldown is a bit long while the mana heal is a bit too much. Reduce the cooldown and the mana heal. Then it would be fine

E.I feel Wajet has a bit too long of a cooldown. I know that you purposely made Catheeb's cooldown long so that people would want to use his ultimate, but his ultimate only comes on after 2 minutes. So you should really decrease the cooldowns on your skills. (e.g. , to 12 sec. at level 5)

R. The Ultimate is just awesome. Nice damage, nice buff and you need to stay in it to be effective. So this skill brings strategy to your gameplay. This ultimate needs no fixing, it's perfect!

In conclusion, Catheeb have way too long cooldowns and will only be effective when his ulti's on. So I suggest lower his cd by a few more seconds, then it'll be awesome

Icraig33

10-12-2011

UPDATE:

Base statistics:
- Base armor increased to 16 from 10
- /lvl armor increased to 4 from 3
- MResist no longer scales per level

Q:
- cooldown changed to 10/10/9/9/8s from 12/12/11/11/10s

W:
- Now has a 5% health cost throughout all ranks
- cooldown changed to 20/19/18/17/16s from 20/20/29/29/18s

E:
- Cooldown changed to 18/18/17/17/16s from 19/18.5/18/17.5/17s

R:
- Radius reduced to 500/550/600 from a flat 700
- Cooldown changed to 150/135/120s from 150/140/130s

Ult

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I really enjoyed this champion, and i Phreaking (<--- pun) loved the dance XD