[Champion Suggestion] Guldosh, The Toadillian King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

the movement speed debuff passive [his E ability] I can't particularly say I like. it feels rather bleh overall, and it also seems like it'd be a rather annoying ability as it seems like you would pretty much HAVE to stun lock him to kill him, as otherwise you'll just hit him once and he'll jump away. Generally, I definitely like the idea of healing yourself to deal damage, think that's a rather neat idea overall. I'm not sure I understand what the point of having both his Q idea AND his R ability, as they seem to both be "close the gap"" skills. [although I guess it would work in that you use R, and then when they run use Q] I like how Q has soft synergy with R [drop Q at your feet]. I'm assuming that his passive would trigger off of theoretical HP regen, regardless of whether or not you actually gain that hp back? If not, it feels like R's hp regen component would be rather "eh", as you're probably hoping to not have already taken damage when you go for a gank using it.

The Poj

08-25-2009

+1 for frog people, but how does his passive slow operate? what will be the cooldown on the active effect? and will the passive still work when it is on cooldown? You have some good abilities otherwise. Im diggin the meat hook ultimate. However also i would shorten that Lore to a much cleaner shorter version, somethin nice and simple.

mermin

08-25-2009

hmm I dont know since robopudge is coming out, who also has a hook ability.
Also he somewhat seems to lack skill synergy, maybe changing his tongue lasso to also have a taunt for 1 attack or something to proc acclimation.
Then he could do a combo vile bile + tongue lasso

And his leap skill seems a little out of place, should be changed but his passive is very good. He seems to me to be more of a tanky tank champion with spells rather than a direct tanky killer like scion, kind of like alistar with his heals.

didnt see that you wanted him to be an assassin type.. do not agree...

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

awww.... theres a hero being added in soon (rumoured for tomorrow) with pudges hook

Genose

08-26-2009

Yeah, sadly I'm worrying about that. I updated the post once again, but this time I added an alternate version. Please tell me what you guys like better .

Genose

08-26-2009

Thanks for the feedback thus far. Gonna address a couple things real quick.

Lore: You're totally right. Mine is a little lengthy. Need to shorten it down a lot.

Slow on passive (version 1): Yeah, it's a little lame. It's something I thought of last minute. I should probably just make that the + Ranged from version 2.

On the heals (version 1): I picture the passive getting proc'd by pretty much everything, but passive regen items. I would even include potions (give them some use later on). Even heals from summoner/other champions. It would also have to be playtested to make sure its not too imba. Theorycraft works half the time

seresibyl

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
the movement speed debuff passive [his E ability] I can't particularly say I like. it feels rather bleh overall, and it also seems like it'd be a rather annoying ability as it seems like you would pretty much HAVE to stun lock him to kill him, as otherwise you'll just hit him once and he'll jump away. Generally, I definitely like the idea of healing yourself to deal damage, think that's a rather neat idea overall. I'm not sure I understand what the point of having both his Q idea AND his R ability, as they seem to both be "close the gap"" skills. [although I guess it would work in that you use R, and then when they run use Q] I like how Q has soft synergy with R [drop Q at your feet]. I'm assuming that his passive would trigger off of theoretical HP regen, regardless of whether or not you actually gain that hp back? If not, it feels like R's hp regen component would be rather "eh", as you're probably hoping to not have already taken damage when you go for a gank using it.
If the game registers full amounts healed (even overheal), I think it should definitely work on overheal.

Anyways, the Passive could probably have just been switched around, where the passive is Attacks heal him for a portion of the damage, and he can use it to make enemies that hit him slowed. I think it makes more sense that way, too.

The HP restored on being hit is basically a mitigation tool, right? Like, it's just essentially a different way to do reduced damage?

And I agree -- he would make a cool tank that uses healing instead of flat HP to tank. Which also probably means the Jump should be different or the tongue. One of em.

Genose

08-26-2009

Version 1: I really like the idea of the "I heal myself and you die" passive. The playstyle might be a bit too complex for what LoL is going for though, as he isn't as simple to play as Omniknight. Overheal would be a must, as that would reduce his damage by far too much if it wasn't in(if it were to be balanced). Switching the passive/active on Acclimation makes sense too. I love the idea of leaping and the tongue. The tongue negative effect is great for what he does (imo). The leap is a must, but it may need a different negative effect.

Version 2: Probably more in-line of what they're thinking. The only skill I'd probably change is the Q ability, but I really loved Kunkka's torrent, and I still think it has soft synergy with the tongue/leap. All in all, I think I prefer version 2 myself.

Genose

08-31-2009

Bump

blob

08-31-2009

LOl a frog could be pritty funny pwning ppl with ur bad ass tonge =D