[Champion Suggestion] Guldosh, The Toadillian King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genose

08-20-2009

Champion: Guldosh, The Toadillian King

Champion Type: Assassin

Attack Type: Version 1: Melee - Version 2: Melee (ranged if skill acquired)

Why the name?
Originally when I created this champion, his name was Zigullian. I figured that his race, Toadillians, would just take normal names and add the suffix. I reflected about it longer and thought it might be too similar to Zilean and wanted to avoid mistaking the character for something else.

So, I decided to change him to something more original. I didn't see any character with a "G" as their first name and started to throw around names. I remembered one of my favorite characters whose name is Guldo (from DragonBall Z -- he was also an amphibian). However, I wanted to make that name sound more barbarian'ish. So, I just added the "sh," and I really like the idea. I think his name has a Smeagle/Gollum type-lore with it now and I really like it.

Story:

Quote:
Old stories tell of a handsome prince by the name of Zigul, who was cherished by the people of [league of legends world]. However, Zigul sought out after more power and dominance. Leading his father’s army, Zigul conquered most of the world effortlessly, as he was very gifted in battle. However, his downfall was his greed.

Like his father, Zigul never backed out of a fight, nor sought any less than to hold supremacy of the world, for one day, he would rule it all. There was one place left to capture: Mirkwater Swamps. These ancient and mysterious lands were governed by an ancient race that was only mentioned in old travelers’ tales and said to be very hideous in appearance. Not taking the advice of his kingdom’s prophet, Zigul led his army into the swamps and was not seen from again… in the same form.

After Zigul led his army into the Mirkwater Swamp, they encountered the Toadillian race, and were quickly decimated, as the fog was too much for the army to bear. However, the Toadillian race saw use of Zigul. They corrupted him and over time, morphed him into a Toadillian. Zigul was no more, as there was only Guldosh, King of the Toadillian race.

Now, lingering throughout the Mirkwater Swamps, and leading his new race for hundreds of years, Guldosh feasts on passing travelers. However, one of his lunches dropped a flyer for the Institute of War. Guldosh, having become tired of the daily tourist special for hundreds of years, longs for a new snack. He now enters the Institute of War to feed on unsuspecting champions, and to make a name for the Toadillian race, in hopes of one day, ruling the world.
Concept Art
Note: If you like one of these, please say which number you think would be good for him/fit League of Legends.

Most likely: 1) By Smolder

*******http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2845/bogprince2copy.jpg********

Runner-up: 2) http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...e/DSC04109.jpg - By Yipperpants

Others:
3) http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...FPFinished.jpg - By Yipperpants
4) http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...ackgreenFP.jpg - By Yipperpants
5) http://img72.yfrog.com/i/frogy.jpg/ - By Anonymous
6) http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6389/frogprince001.jpg - By SuperCoolSon

Stats and Skills:

Version 1:
Stats
Attack: |||||||
Defense: |||
Magic: ||||
Difficulty: ||||||||||

[Q] Vile Bile:
Guldosh leaves a toxic pile of bile at his current location. After two seconds the volatile bile explodes, dealing X amount of damage and poisoning nearby enemy champions. Poisoned units heal the allies of Guldosh within X range for 10% of the damage done by Vile Bile every second for 5 seconds.

[W] Slimy Leap:
Guldosh projects himself into the air, landing at a target location. The enemies he jumps over will be slowed by X% and have their armor reduced by Y for Z seconds.

[E] Acclimation:
Guldosh's skin is filled with a deadly toxin, slowing enemies that attack him. Guldosh can adapt to incoming attacks for a short time, causing them to heal him for a portion of the damage dealt.
Passive: Enemies that attack Guldosh have their movement speed reduced by X%.
Use: Enemies that attack Guldosh heal him for X% of the damage caused.

[R] Tongue Lasso:
Guldosh sends out his tongue at a target location. The first unit to come in contact with the tongue is pulled to Guldosh's location, stealing X life from the enemy and healing Guldosh for the same amount.

[Passive] Eye for a Fly:
Whenever Guldosh recovers health, enemy champions within X range are damaged for X% of the amount. The damage is capped by level of Guldosh x the heal.
Note: Does not work with passive regeneration items. Only deals the damage that Guldosh heals.

-------

Version 2:
Stats:
Attack: ||||
Defense: |||||
Magic: ||||
Difficulty: |||||

[Q] Vile Bile:
Guldosh vomits out bile on a target location. After 2 seconds, it explodes and deals X amount of damage over 5 seconds to enemies near it, while nearby allies are healed for the same amount over time.

[W] Slimy Leap:
Guldosh projects himself into the air, landing at a target location. The enemies he jumps over will be slowed by X% and have their magic resistance and armor reduced by Y for Z seconds.

[E] Amphibian Craze:
Guldosh gains a ranged attack. If the ability is used, he loses the ranged attack, but gains attack power and ability power.
Passive: Guldosh's base attack range is increased by X.
Use: Increases Guldosh's attack power and ability power by X for Y seconds.

[R] Tongue Lasso:
Guldosh sends out his tongue at a target location. The first unit to come in contact with the tongue is pulled to Guldosh's location and immobilized for X seconds depending on how far the tongue hit from.

[Passive] Fog of the Bog:
Guldosh applies an aura around him to lower magic resistance and armor of nearby enemy champions by X. This value is increased if Guldosh last hits enemies.
Note: Very low number, but adds up at the very end. Near the end, I'd probably say -30'ish.

----------------------------------------
Edit: 8/25/09
I severely edited this post yet again. This is the second time I've "re-done" the champion itself. I'm REALLY liking him now. Please tell me what you guys think!
------
Edit: 8/26/09
Added an alternate version to see which one is better.
-----------------------------------------

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

08-20-2009

I like frogs, +1 for frogs. his passive is pretty much cho'gaths. the ultimate seems cool, but almost seems as if it should be a Q,W,E ability rather then a ult. and the possible concept of you being able to pull back your friends with your tongue seems neat, like, helps you save your friends and ****. I don't know though, it seems most of my original ideas are ****, and after people tell me "it needs more this, less of this, etc" then I might think of something, haha. but again, love frogs, +1 to frogs.

Genose

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tyrant View Post
I like frogs, +1 for frogs. his passive is pretty much cho'gaths. the ultimate seems cool, but almost seems as if it should be a Q,W,E ability rather then a ult. and the possible concept of you being able to pull back your friends with your tongue seems neat, like, helps you save your friends and ****. I don't know though, it seems most of my original ideas are ****, and after people tell me "it needs more this, less of this, etc" then I might think of something, haha. but again, love frogs, +1 to frogs.
Originally the tongue was able to target friendlies, but I asked Zileas about it before (before I re-worked him) and he said it might be better off not targeting friendlies. Then again, it was a bit different, but the option is obviously open for it.

The reason I want the Tongue Lasso as the ult is to make sure that the damage is high, as its avoidable. Yeah, you can miss on it, but his leap ability brings him close to enemies, so that kind of solves that problem. The general strategy is to jump on them to reduce their armor/magic resistance, then buff yourself up. As they're slowed, you might toss a Vile Pile of Bile down to further damage them.

I might have to change the passive now that I think about it. Forgot about Cho'gath, but maybe I could make it into giving him mana back or something. I'll have to work it out. I really like the idea of it being 50/50 though, as he kind of needs both to stay alive.

Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.

Genose

08-21-2009

BUMP

Vangu

08-21-2009

I like how your E ability works and other then that no comment from me.

Genose

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
I like how your E ability works and other then that no comment from me.
Thanks, I really liked the idea of that too. I thought that this game was lacking a kind of Troll Warlord-type move (besides Judicator).

Genose

08-24-2009

On balancing the ult a little better, I'm thinking of making the immobilize affected by how far it lands from. The further away it is, the longer the immobilize.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-24-2009

I remember this hero from teh regular forums. Loved it there, and love it now.
Not sure about E skill. It's kinda lame
I drew the last drwing :P smolders is the best

Genose

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
I remember this hero from teh regular forums. Loved it there, and love it now.
Not sure about E skill. It's kinda lame
I drew the last drwing :P smolders is the best
Thanks for keeping up with it! =) When I originally made it, I didn't look at the LoL champion abilities and someone called me out on it. After looking over their abilities, I realized just how much I copied some of the ideas (unknowingly). The champions ended up getting changed even and it seemed like my moves were complete rip-offs of them even more so, so I wanted to re-do him after being in the beta for a while.

Anyway, people seem to have different opinions on the E skill. I love it because it makes him a berserker pretty much, where he uses it and he gets stronger for melee range. Perhaps I'll change the passive to make his attack become ranged, but get longer each level (example, starts at 200 range, then goes to 300/400/500/600 or something) this way its worth it to upgrade for the passive effect on it.

But thanks again for the feedback!

Genose

08-25-2009

Severely edited skills/post yet again. I really love this build and I think it makes him very unique. Tell me what you guys think!