Why do High Elos say "Play a carry and carry 4 scrubs"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No2Wookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Quote:
everybody think they can carry but actually most of them cant

This. Most players are beyond bad, but that doesn't stop them from accusing others of being bad. Just because someone asks about the best way to win a game doesn't mean he deserves to be on the winning team in the first place.

Skyaz

03-10-2011

Guys don't say bull****s, we lost easily vs Amumu, Renekton, Warwick, Nidalee, Ashe

We were: Zilean (me but i was first pick), Tristana, LeBlanc, Gankplank, Kennen.

We didn't have a jungler, we didn't have a tank. There was no way we could win even if i had a tank, amumus ulti was locking our 4 squishies and they dropped in less than 3 seconds in teamfights.

The "carry 4 scrubs" thing is invalid cause if everyone is going to listen to these high elos there wouldn't be supports and tanks anymore in ranked.

Skyaz

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verx Interis View Post
This. A tank can singlehandedly win a game. A carry can't.
I was first pick, nobody answered, how could i know that we didn't have a tank/jungler?

Zyan

03-10-2011

Jungle Singed, gogo

Ghetto Fabulous

03-10-2011

Carrying your team (different from "playing a carry") is more about directing the flow of the game than straight-up k/d/a. Heroes like Shen or Janna are capable of carrying simply because they can influence teamfights in such ridiculous ways that even having one other decent person on your team can seal the deal.

Besides hero choice, buying wards, good communication between players, and correctly prioritizing objectives will win you games. For example, 90% of the time after you kill an inhibitor, you should run back to base and just play it safe. Trying to go for another lane's inhibitor turret without minion support might end up costing you two heroes -- and then you all have to go back to base. This gives them time to do Baron, since you're down two heroes and far away from it.

This is just an easy example of a gameplay factor -- completely independent of hero choice -- that will cause bad players to stay in the bad player ELO, and bad teams do these kinds of maneuvers to each-other and don't even realize it. Becoming aware of push timings or when to simply "be on the map" without actually doing anything are things that really allow you to "carry" a game. Because if you're aware and you communicate effectively with your team, then YOU are making your team better. The common denominator between all of your games? You. So make yourself a better player.

All that being said, being able to three-shot anyone is a good way of winning games (no matter how bad you are at understanding the "flow" of the game), so if you're really good at farming/winning a solo lane, you'll win more often than not. Best case? Being good at three-shotting people AND getting it. The best players usually do both.

BuildPolice

03-10-2011

If you want to carry your team you should do it by calling tactics, pinging ganks and communicating.
That'll do infinitely more than whatever champ you chose.

Argothman

03-10-2011

"2 percent of LoL can carry" I wish these 2 percent would speak up, I have no idea how to carry these people.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyaz View Post
Guys don't say bull****s, we lost easily vs Amumu, Renekton, Warwick, Nidalee, Ashe

We were: Zilean (me but i was first pick), Tristana, LeBlanc, Gankplank, Kennen.

We didn't have a jungler, we didn't have a tank. There was no way we could win even if i had a tank, amumus ulti was locking our 4 squishies and they dropped in less than 3 seconds in teamfights.

The "carry 4 scrubs" thing is invalid cause if everyone is going to listen to these high elos there wouldn't be supports and tanks anymore in ranked.
The "there was no way we could win" mentality is what is causing your losses.

Admonished

03-10-2011

Play tank that can dish out the damage.Cho gath does this for me all the time. Build tank get a little ap for some more umph in your hits and control teamfights with aoe knock-ups-slows, silence, and a true damage nuke that makes anyone dumb enough not to have 2k+ hp at the time regret being anywhere near you.

Skyaz

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
The "there was no way we could win" mentality is what is causing your losses.
When the early game has ended, the teamfights in mid started and at the point is where we had no chance, we got countered and easily dropped.