Annie and Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

I've come to a decision to buy either annie or fiddlesticks, but I have a few questions.
1. Does crowstorm get interrupted by moving?
2. How does the passive ability for Annie work?
3. What spells should I get for Annie/Fiddlesticks(nothing beyond rally.)?
4. I prefer Shaco and Master Yi so should i get one of these or someone else?
Exceptions for number 4:Twisted fate, Eve

Fbsunny

02-07-2010

First of all, way to post two topics with almost the exact same content, try editing your first thread next time.

1. Initially you charge it up, channeling for 2s when it would get interrupted by moving. After that you can move around while you are doing AoE damage.
2. Annie's passive works just like it says, cast 5 spells, then the next one will stun the target (still does the normal damage/other effects)
3. For fiddle i get ghost and maybe exhaust (flash or ghost and clairvoyance would be preferable). For Annie ignite and exhaust are both good, spec into both if you get them.
4. Dunno, maybe try them out before buying them.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

TYVM and how would i try them out b4 buying.... P.S. to your first statement it was an accident.. I meant to make one then edit it but it came out as 2 different posts..

Fbsunny

02-07-2010

Dunno, but its just hard to know what hero you will like without playing them. Just because you like a hero in the same category as Annie/Fiddle doesn't mean you will like them too.

You could try waiting until either one or both of them are free for the week, or you can just take the chance with one and hope you do like them.

Grovel

02-07-2010

Fiddles has a higher skill level and a tad more team dependent to be successful. I was actually in the exact same boat as you and I purchased both Champs. I hardly ever play Fiddles just because I don't like how limited I feel in solo queue, low ELO matches where team cooperation can be spotty at times.

Annie is pretty much a one trick pony after the laning phase, charge Pyromania and Unleash Tibbers. It's fun, but she's an early bloomer and kind of lags behind other champs late game. Still fun to play, especially if you have a decent tank.

Shaco can be great in Low ELO games, and he's certainly one of the better melee carries. Yi, in my opinion, has a lot of trouble in the early game, but can snowball quickly. Although most people consider him a noob's champ, I rarely see him played well and make an impact on a successful team unless he's in the hands of a skilled player.

10 or so champs are free each week and they typically rotate every Wednesday. Both Annie and Fiddlesticks have been free recently, so might be a month or more before you see them again.

junster

02-07-2010

Sounds like your just starting out, id recommend annie over fiddle,

she is also cheaper so you can spend the IP on runes

junster

02-07-2010

I use , flash + ignite or exhaust on annie.

Azghyn Nite

02-08-2010

Bump...

Chutzpahnaught

Recruiter

02-08-2010

annie along with anivia and TF are the trio of viable casters in competitive play.

As for which to pick, if you want to do well, go with annie, if you want to play something a bit different, go with fiddlesticks. You cant carry a team like you can with annie, but you can play one heck of a support/caster and get the occasional triple kill with crowstorm.

As for summoner spells-
fiddle- ghost or flash and exhaust (its all about getting to people in Crowstorm and keeping them there)

Annie- Flash/ignite or exhaust. There is almost no exceptions. I prefer ignite over exhaust, but exhaust does have the defensive potential that ignite does not.

Azghyn Nite

02-08-2010

What about Ryze? He seems good too.