Domination By Aura?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycanblu

02-07-2010

I was reading through the site and came by the little tidbit of information

"In almost all cases aura effects are unique, and cannot be stacked. The exception to this rule is an aura provided by a purchased item. In the event that multiple champions are carrying an item with the same beneficial aura effect, each will receive two instances of the buff: one from the item they are carrying, and a second from the aura of their ally. No champion can ever receive more than two instances of a unique benevolent aura."

If this statement is true, then multiple characters were to all have say, The aegis, or stark's fever. the team would receive double the buff.

I mean, even if it was just two people with each aura, imagine how hard they'd be to beat.

+50/+50 mag def/phys def +20 damage (Aegis)

+40% lifesteal +50% attack speed +60HP5 -50phys def for enemies (stark's)

+24MP5 -30% Cooldowns (Soul shroud)

-50% attack speed for enemies (Frozen heart) Though, I'd either choose soul, or this, nobody needs 55% cooldown reduction.

-40Mdef for enemies (abysmal scepter)

And only two people actually need to have these on. And this is assuming the only up to two benificials is a rule. How many bad aura's can you have on btw?

Any thoughts on this/Items with significant auras I missed?

If anyone knows how the mechanic works, please do explain it to me.

Turgid

02-07-2010

the abyssal would only have 1 stack.

aldis44

02-07-2010

Frozen Heart and Abyssal do not stack like all the debuff auras (so stark's Armor debuff does not stack either).

As far as I know, having 2 aegis on your team has always been a good idea. 2 Starks is usually a good idea too (well you need to have 2 champions which benefit from it).

Soul Shroud is just to focused to be stacked.

Talking Socks

02-07-2010

It means that, say, if you have person A, B, C, D and E on your team...A and B buy Starks. Then, A and B would receive double benefit from it (from their own Starks and from their teammate's) but C, D and E receive only one buff (just from their teammates). On Starks this can be kinda interesting on your 2 biggest DPSers. Soul shroud is sort of pointless, it's better to buy a -% cooldown item instead of getting the aura twice. Debuffs don't stack even from 2 different sources so that won't work.

ShloobeR

02-07-2010

Only the people who HAVE the item can recieve a double aura.

brainwrecked

02-07-2010

Not worth the gold. If one person has the item-producing aura, 4 people have its effects for free. If every person on the team wants double the effect, each must buy the item themselves. 5 times the gold for twice the effect? Not worth it. Go buy yourself something that will actually help instead.