Item Cooldowns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Circio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

Certain items, such as Banshee's Veil and Guardian Angel have cooldowns related to their effects. The effect goes off and then it can't happen again for X amount of time. You can tell when the cooldown ends, because you get the blue bubble for Banshee's Veil and you get a buff for Guardian Angel.

These indicators are all well and good, but sometimes you are left thinking "Now how long ago did my Veil get hit?" Because if the Veil was about to come off cooldown, I might wait 10 seconds before going for that gank. If I would have to wait for a minute before it came off cooldown, I might go right away.

If it were to display item cooldowns the same way it indicates the cooldown for abilities and summoner spells, it would be of great benefit at times.

Some champions' passives, such as Anivia, are in the same boat as items in that it can be hard to tell exactly when it will come off of cooldown. If these could be looked at at the same time, that would be even better.

I'm assuming this wasn't originally done because the tech wasn't there. Hopefully it exists now so that we can have a little more knowledge about our champion's abilities and items.

Sampsomonium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

good to have but not essential to play.

Polka Dot Robot

02-10-2010

If you can read a clock and do basic division, you can calculate your cooldowns easily. All cooldowns/buffs countdown like a clock on their icon. Divide the approx. proportion by the cooldown time.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by knacko View Post
If you can read a clock and do basic division, you can calculate your cooldowns easily. All cooldowns/buffs countdown like a clock on their icon. Divide the approx. proportion by the cooldown time.
That wasn't the point. The point is, these cooldowns are completely invisible. Only way to know is to look at the game clock when they go off.

Polka Dot Robot

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
That wasn't the point. The point is, these cooldowns are completely invisible. Only way to know is to look at the game clock when they go off.
I was a bit premature in what I said. I tested it and only active items show their cooldown in your inventory (ie. deathfire). I don't often use banshees and can't recall ever using guardian angel, but I assumed they'd work the same way.

The tech has been there forever, but was never implemented on passive abilities/items.