Help! I clicked that "hotshot vs rinoa" link

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythoclast

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik View Post
Wow, all of a sudden the news reports of packages of adult toys and bulk-buy ramen being delivered to the public library make a ton more sense!
You know the owner of your public libraries bank and card info? And why would you send stuff to the library?

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythoclast View Post
You know the owner of your public libraries bank and card info? And why would you send stuff to the library?
to **** with them of course.

Schwarzenorris

03-09-2011

I work for a IT company. Run malwarebytes and superantispyware (superantispyware.com). If you continue to have issues, google "TDSS Killer", it's made by Kaspersky. It will remove any rootkits from that family on your PC. Still having problems? Download combofix (make sure you disable antivirus first) from bleepingcomputer.com.

If problems arise in the short future, you probably have some scheduled tasks / registry keys setting off the virus again. If that becomes an issue, PM me and i'll walk you through the registry entries you need to check.

If all of the above does not resolve your problems, you can continue running scans (spybot, spyware doctor, counterspy, etc...) but you'd probably save some time reformatting.

I didn't read any of the previous posts, so if someone has offered this info already, I apologize for double posting.

TrappaKeepa

03-09-2011

Once you have clicked it, nothing will help. To be 100% sure it's gone, you'll need a reformat. The scanners are there to prevent infections. Look up something called "Trinity Rescue Kit" and use it to scan you system. It should be able to disable any malware, than you can use one of those other tools.

Loomies1

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzenorris View Post
I work for a IT company. Run malwarebytes and superantispyware (superantispyware.com). If you continue to have issues, google "TDSS Killer", it's made by Kaspersky. It will remove any rootkits from that family on your PC. Still having problems? Download combofix (make sure you disable antivirus first) from bleepingcomputer.com.

If problems arise in the short future, you probably have some scheduled tasks / registry keys setting off the virus again. If that becomes an issue, PM me and i'll walk you through the registry entries you need to check.

If all of the above does not resolve your problems, you can continue running scans (spybot, spyware doctor, counterspy, etc...) but you'd probably save some time reformatting.

I didn't read any of the previous posts, so if someone has offered this info already, I apologize for double posting.
Are any of those programs you listed one of those "free to download, pay to use"?

Duelpower

03-09-2011

Get avast or kapersky and run a boot time scan at the highest settings.

Schwarzenorris

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomies1 View Post
Are any of those programs you listed one of those "free to download, pay to use"?
All of them are free, minus spyware doctor (which will scan for free and tell you if it finds any infections, just won't remove them unless you pay for it.) Google has a "lite" version of spyware doctor that is free, but i'm too lazy to search for the link .

Combofix is the only free tool that you generally don't want to run if you don't know what you're doing. If you don't disable all active real-time scans from antivirus, it can wreck your OS. If you do know how, no worries. It also wasn't released for 64-bit OS's until a couple weeks ago. I've run it on 2 systems though with no problems, use at your own risk.

Cs DucK

03-09-2011

so where was this link even at?

Lady Gagaaaa

03-09-2011

yes, you also have to sacrifice a black hen at midnight

YouGottaKillMe

03-09-2011

well **** keyloggers
they can eat **** and ****ing die