Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Help! I clicked that "hotshot vs rinoa" link

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythoclast

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Nekrotik:
Wow, all of a sudden the news reports of packages of adult toys and bulk-buy ramen being delivered to the public library make a ton more sense!


You know the owner of your public libraries bank and card info? And why would you send stuff to the library?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pika Fox

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Mythoclast:
You know the owner of your public libraries bank and card info? And why would you send stuff to the library?


to **** with them of course.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schwarzenorris

Senior Member

03-09-2011

I work for a IT company. Run malwarebytes and superantispyware (superantispyware.com). If you continue to have issues, google "TDSS Killer", it's made by Kaspersky. It will remove any rootkits from that family on your PC. Still having problems? Download combofix (make sure you disable antivirus first) from bleepingcomputer.com.

If problems arise in the short future, you probably have some scheduled tasks / registry keys setting off the virus again. If that becomes an issue, PM me and i'll walk you through the registry entries you need to check.

If all of the above does not resolve your problems, you can continue running scans (spybot, spyware doctor, counterspy, etc...) but you'd probably save some time reformatting.

I didn't read any of the previous posts, so if someone has offered this info already, I apologize for double posting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrappaKeepa

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Once you have clicked it, nothing will help. To be 100% sure it's gone, you'll need a reformat. The scanners are there to prevent infections. Look up something called "Trinity Rescue Kit" and use it to scan you system. It should be able to disable any malware, than you can use one of those other tools.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loomies1

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Schwarzenorris:
I work for a IT company. Run malwarebytes and superantispyware (superantispyware.com). If you continue to have issues, google "TDSS Killer", it's made by Kaspersky. It will remove any rootkits from that family on your PC. Still having problems? Download combofix (make sure you disable antivirus first) from bleepingcomputer.com.

If problems arise in the short future, you probably have some scheduled tasks / registry keys setting off the virus again. If that becomes an issue, PM me and i'll walk you through the registry entries you need to check.

If all of the above does not resolve your problems, you can continue running scans (spybot, spyware doctor, counterspy, etc...) but you'd probably save some time reformatting.

I didn't read any of the previous posts, so if someone has offered this info already, I apologize for double posting.


Are any of those programs you listed one of those "free to download, pay to use"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duelpower

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Get avast or kapersky and run a boot time scan at the highest settings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schwarzenorris

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Loomies1:
Are any of those programs you listed one of those "free to download, pay to use"?


All of them are free, minus spyware doctor (which will scan for free and tell you if it finds any infections, just won't remove them unless you pay for it.) Google has a "lite" version of spyware doctor that is free, but i'm too lazy to search for the link .

Combofix is the only free tool that you generally don't want to run if you don't know what you're doing. If you don't disable all active real-time scans from antivirus, it can wreck your OS. If you do know how, no worries. It also wasn't released for 64-bit OS's until a couple weeks ago. I've run it on 2 systems though with no problems, use at your own risk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cs DucK

Member

03-09-2011

so where was this link even at?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Gagaaaa

Senior Member

03-09-2011

yes, you also have to sacrifice a black hen at midnight


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YouGottaKillMe

Senior Member

03-09-2011

well **** keyloggers
they can eat **** and ****ing die