Help! I clicked that "hotshot vs rinoa" link

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrotik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Most likely it's keylogging malware. It's sitting in your computer now, stewing and brewing, reading what you're writing in password fields so it can send the info away to its evil Chinese overlords for use in theft of monies.

I wouldn't worry so much about LoL account info as I would about bank account info.

Smurf2post

03-09-2011

just delete the system32 folder and everything will be fine

MD The C

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Never click on anything to a site that you aren't familiar with.

That is what I do.
Annnddd so far it seems to be working out!

Just be careful.

Thanorodd

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf2post View Post
just delete the system32 folder and everything will be fine
^

Mythoclast

03-09-2011

GFTO your computer. Change all your passwords on another computer. Download a free keylogger wiper on your computer. Download another keylogger sometime down the line. Forget these steps. Type your password for your bank and credit card numbers. Enjoy buying some hobo a yacht.

My downvote button is a keylogger by the way so thats two more hobos with yachts. Or you can give me upvotes and I will send you one free yacht. (Or a hobo, your choice.)

TehAcE

Adjudicator

03-09-2011

Install some anti virus programs like ESET, Avast, AVG, Malware, or Spybot

http://download.cnet.com/windows/sec...b_content;main

Mostly just trials though. Also don't install more than 1 at a time.

Nekrotik

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythoclast View Post
Download another keylogger sometime down the line. Forget these steps. Type your password for your bank and credit card numbers. Enjoy buying some hobo a yacht.
Wow, all of a sudden the news reports of packages of adult toys and bulk-buy ramen being delivered to the public library make a ton more sense!

gnoevoet

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
If you weren't smart enough to realize clicking on such a blatantly obvious keylogger link...
I have in fact clicked on it for the second time now. Is that stupid? It sure is. Does that make me (or OP) "not smart"? I don't think so. I have been around on the internet for a long time but I have honestly never had anything like this happen to me, except for these 2 times recently. Considering it never really happens, I don't check every single link out before clicking it =/ Maybe you've been on all the wrong parts of the internet but I don't find keylogger links obvious because I don't really ever encounter them.

And yeah, the **** link is pretty obvious, ofcourse, but as I said, I don't really check every single link out there. Ofcourse the moment I click it, and read the link, I realise it's bad but then it's already too late.

Anyway, I just ran malwarebytes (spybot too), and it didn't find anything. Not sure if that's good or bad. Before it did find something >.> Anyway guess I'll go download AVG again =/ Seriously though what a pathetic piece of ****.

Toysoldier

03-09-2011

Change all passwords on a different computer, also get Norton for basic security and get a program called Super Anti Spyware. It has a fishy name and sounds like a fake but it isn't. I wouldn't be telling you to get more viruses and risk losing my LOL account. While my Norton takes care over pretty much everything, scanning with SAS gives that kind of deep clean and it finds things that Norton and most anti virus programs don't. Though SAS isn't good enough to have on it's own because it doesn't actively keep security and doesn't find a lot of the things more anti virus programs do.

MD The C

03-09-2011

I use Avast.
Aside from it always updating and scanning and being awesome and saying "AVAST has been updated" and blocking the map when I play LoL..

Seems to be pretty good.

Don't type in any passwords if you can get by with that.
Nothing personal.
Definitely no banking or paypal.
Even iTunes.

And LoL isn't valuable in comparison to what the keylogger could be after. (sorry)