AD Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loliwag

03-10-2011

I was in a game early where my teammate, (presumably free) Swain, was building AD. Confused, I asked about it, and he said that he did it take advantage of the additional damage that torment gives him. Now, that guy did not deliver at all. Aside from his abilities, his auto-attack was not noticeable in a teamfight or a gank. And you'll forgive me if, after this display and my general knowledge of Swain, I find it hard to believe this is at all a viable strategy.

But another member of our team defend him fiercely (even going so far as deny helping me and a similar-minded teammate because we questioned swain. While they might have been duo queue lovers, I figure I do owe it to them to hear the idea out, so I bring it here.

In your opinion, is AD Swain viable? [For the sake of discussion, viable here is defined as a being capable of contributing to your team in a significant way that will improve chances of victory as much as possible (or to an equal degree).] Does he contribute just as much as a typical AP Swain? Or is this, from your perspective, yet another lulzy build that you'd do just for the laughs and not really caring to win (IE: custom-game material)?

Ichikaze

03-10-2011

People shouldnt do drugs and play swain.

Gunflame

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikaze View Post
People shouldnt do drugs and play swain.
+1

Mitch Bade

03-10-2011

It is a horrible idea that was probably fun playing against bots.

I can understand why he thought it would work since Torment would increase his damage output, but its just not good when you see it on paper. Thanks for being civil about things like this. I also find myself in situations where I ask someone why they are building a certain way, and they get all defensive and flip out. Some people just don't have any manners!

DrDragun

03-10-2011

DPS no Lichbane yes

hydrogencar

03-10-2011

AP Swain with golem is one of the scarriest things in game (and prob. the best off tank ever since you will need hard CC -he keeps healing while being stunned though- AND ignite to stop him).

AD Swain makes no sense.