2on1 Characters - Looking for alternatives

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jebbou

03-08-2011

I was wondering which characters could be good for laning solo against two opponents. I currently play with Morgana or Shen. I find that Morg is doing very well, and Shen just okay. Sometimes, it happens that the team composition already has some support characters, so I am looking for alternatives, maybe a champ with more damage output than the characters I already main.

Also, are there some characters that would work fine when geared with proper runes, but which would lose some effectiveness without runes (currently playing at lower levels, currently at 15)?

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Honestly the Best 2 Champions are Heimer as he can heal the harrass damage to your turret and then next would be Jana as she can shield the turret. They both can also farm and kill the minion waves in relative safety.

Your next best options are Champions that can clear minions quickly. Morgana is a great one as she can heal off minion waves if you keep your opponents harrass to a minimum. Most dps ranged are good if you can avoid the harass. Some casters like Malzahar that only needs a few levels to clear minion waves quickly. Cho'gath is a monster tank and beast late game if he gets the solo. Most any Champion can do it assuming the opponents don't push hard or harass hard.

Fluffyburrito

03-08-2011

Nasus is extremely easy and, at early levels even, is one of if not the best 1 vs 2 laner. (You don't really need runes even) Get one rank in Q for last hits. You need to farm with this by getting last hits asap so you can do insane damage with it later in the game. Then, concentrate on maxing out E. Once you hit rank 2 and beyond with e, it's really easy to keep creep waves off your tower and farm at the same time. Just use it on a creep wave, which will cause the other 2 champions to back off, and run up to last hit/farm your Q.

Without runes though, I'd recommend maybe starting with a meki pendant for the mana, and maybe even building that to a chailce of harmony later.

Lulwy

03-08-2011

Lux has potential, I would think.

Ability to harass from extreme distance? Check. Root? Check. Giant ****ing laser beams? Oh hell yes. Bit squishy, but so is Morgana really.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Gangplank(with tiamat regen items first with teleport and clarity), malz, mundo, blitzcrank. Mordekeiser are all god to 2v1, typically once I get an edge, I will ruin their day, and eat their team later.

Fluffyburrito

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulwy View Post
Lux has potential, I would think.

Ability to harass from extreme distance? Check. Root? Check. Giant ****ing laser beams? Oh hell yes. Bit squishy, but so is Morgana really.
The one thing you're forgetting here is that unfortunately, in lane, Lux has HUGE mana problems. This guy also isn't level 30 yet, and therefore could not solve that problem with runes or masteries.

Slowdown

03-08-2011

Mao can 1v2 thanks to his imense range on E. As soon as you get E on level 3 you can kill the caster minions with one spell. The rest of meele minions life you destroy with Q and auto attacks. If you took some damage, your passive heals you up quit nice early.

It's a bit tricky until level 6/7. But after level 6 it is no problem to protect a tower 1v5 for some time .

corallein

03-08-2011

Gragas, leveling Barrel Roll first.

Edit: To clarify how good Gragas is in 1v2:
Barrel Roll has great base damage stats when leveled, and is combined ranged harass along with a farming tool. Unlike Nasus, Gragas is not 100% reliant on melee attacking creeps for last hits, which can get Nasus killed in some lanes. I ran Swain with an Anivia vs. a solo Nasus once - he couldn't even last hit at his tower safely. Landing a Nevermove -> Torment + guaranteed Flash Frost stun + Glacial Spike. Alternatively, landing a Flash Frost led into Glacial Spike + Torment.

Gragas is also more tanky than someone like Morgana and can escape ganks better than many champions with Body Slam. He also has good regen with his passive and Drunken Rage assisting with mana regen (allowing you to harass with Barrel Roll more). At level 6, he gets an ult that can be used both offensively and defensively.

AntennasToHeaven

03-08-2011

Nidalee.

Deb

03-08-2011

Vladimir. He doesn't need runes to be very effective and he rapes at soloing. The enemies can have their fun at the lower levels but when Vlad reaches 9 he's pretty much a killing machine.