Losing elo for dodging trolls is not fair

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mesa the Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

A solution to queue dodging in ranked.

Take away the ELO loss for dodging but instead replace it with a significantly longer game start up penalty. For instance after dodging a normal game you have to wait 5 minutes before you can play again. After dodging a ranked game you should have to wait like a day.

Originally I was thinking an hour or two, but honestly if that were the only penalty I'd dodge ranked games all day. The penalty has to be steep enough to make dodging unworth it, but better than losing ELO.

KeepersWay

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa the Phoenix View Post
A solution to queue dodging in ranked.

Take away the ELO loss for dodging but instead replace it with a significantly longer game start up penalty. For instance after dodging a normal game you have to wait 5 minutes before you can play again. After dodging a ranked game you should have to wait like a day.

Originally I was thinking an hour or two, but honestly if that were the only penalty I'd dodge ranked games all day. The penalty has to be steep enough to make dodging unworth it, but better than losing ELO.
waiting a day is too much of a penalty .....I like the idea of being able to dodge but 24 hours is just too much.

PotatoIift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepersWay View Post
waiting a day is too much of a penalty .....I like the idea of being able to dodge but 24 hours is just too much.
Being banned is harsher. I'd gladly take a 24 hour reprieve from ranked games just to avoid a loss.

Until the tribunal is put in place, this is our best option I think. The tribunal can fix all of it, but we don't have an ETA on that.

KeepersWay

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelybetter View Post
Being banned is harsher. I'd gladly take a 24 hour reprieve from ranked games just to avoid a loss.

Until the tribunal is put in place, this is our best option I think. The tribunal can fix all of it, but we don't have an ETA on that.
dodging will not get you banned..in the first place. leaving a game will.

ViolentSymphony

03-16-2011

Actually, what I want more than anything is so that people you add on your "Ignore" List are never paired up with you in any of the queues. I thought it did that before, but my friends (who are a much higher ELO ranking than I am) have told me from experience that this is not true. I know this is hard...but this would make my gaming experience all the more pleasurable when I don't have to deal with "ROFL Going Eve mid! If not, then I rage!"

USC Zeratul

03-16-2011

4v5, even if you're team is really good, is almost impossible
I got queued with a team
They all discussed who they were probably going to play, except for 1 person, who didn't say anything
When it became his turn to choose, he insta locked Teemo with smite and revive.Our whole team kept asking someone else to queue jump, because they didn't want a loss.

Dopplar

03-23-2011

There should be an auto-disconnect if afk for a certain amount of time (5-10 mins?) and then a lowered loss penalty or loss forgiven for the 4v5 and a temp ranked queue ban for the afker/disconnector/leaver. Only in ranked games though.

I think if you're playing normal, anything goes, and plenty of people play casually, have real life sh*t come up, and cant help stepping away from the keyboard unexpectedly for a bit (kids, pets, in-laws, whatever). However, if such a player should queue for ranked, they should plan on playing uninterrupted. If constant interruptions occur in your daily life while you play, then ranked obviously aint for you!

Whitewail

03-23-2011

I just started in ranked. 6 games. I dodged one game because our captain was AFK and didn't know about the penalty.....not doing that again. Riot should find a better way to address this.

Orwell

03-23-2011

problem with this... you get rammus, or some other champ that people think is OP and then someone on the other team dodges...No penalty. Great idea and I agree with dodging trolls, but if you are going got do this have a vote feature in which 3/5 have to agree that a person is trolling, or something like that... that might be a way to do it.

Soulblight

03-23-2011

Instead of dodging a troll, add a vote to be able to kick said troll.