Losing elo for dodging trolls is not fair

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reborn

03-09-2011

If someone during champ select is clearly going to make me waste 25+ mins of my time trolling a game only to lose, my rating shouldn't be punished for wanting to avoid that.

Change the leave during champion select punishment.

Go.

Ggd07

03-09-2011

I agree with that. Not only it is not fair, but it is like they are saying to trolls - it's ok, we won't do aynthing, they can't dodge..

Sippukku

03-10-2011

Not to mention it sucks if you dc in the lobby.
>.<

Daniellynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Yeah..
I still remember a guy saying "I will afk to make some dinner. Enjoy your loss! "

Whole team was just waiting for the loss.

Kosen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2011

Yeah the chat system is busted right now and people are leaving the ranked champion picks left and right. They probably don't even know they are losing elo.

Blinder

03-10-2011

Disagree, you should stick it out and get everyone to report them after the game. Even if you have an obvious troll man up and coordinate the rest of your team, I have won MANY games 4v5 with obvious trolls and this is not a big deal.

The suggestion I have is to implement a faster review system for getting temporary bans on accounts like these or maybe even a deleveling system for so many offenses.

Kharrne

03-10-2011

If you ever won a 4v5, you are playing against noobs. I have never, ever, ever even come close to win a 4v5, even when i carried my team and most of my teammates were better than our opponents. I agree that losing rating when the match is an obvious loss is ridiculous. However, if there's no rating loss for a dodge, it will become impossible to play ranked games, since whenever someone on either team will feel their team fails compared to the opposing team, or if their favorite champion is banned, they will dodge. If we remove the ratings loss from dodging, there must be some kind of punishment to replace it.

reborn

03-10-2011

Unfortunately it seems as if nothing is ever done to these trolls, and you never know what kind of punishment these people receive because its not like riot sends you a message "YO BRO WE GOT THAT TROLL FOR YOU... WE GOT YOUR BACK AND WERE LISTENING TO THESE REPORTS". No, I'd rather not waste my time and still not be punished by sitting in a minimally 20min game having my "gaming experience" ruined by some immature child.. Go ahead, make it so I can't join another game right away I guess?.. But don't drop my elo too.

Trickbaby

03-11-2011

do you lose more elo for leaving a game or from losing it?

Is it the same for both?

eabe

03-11-2011

I was going to make a thread on this but saw this one.

I just played a ranked game where I went 7 3 2.

my team only had 13 kills over all. Sigh I was playing Mordekaiser and was getting verbal abused by one player. Apparently he thought I could taunt there whole team off him or something. Or maybe I could tel-a-port across the map to save him; and because i wasn't able too; that I was worthless and should never play a tank again. I tried to ignore him I say to my self its just a game.

I wait for a bit and then I re-queued thinking "I hope I get a good team this time". Wouldn't you know it. He was on my team again. I left the queue only to find i got negative ELO rating and a leave on my record. I was like WTF!!!!!! I haven't played rank games for very long and only have 30 total games so far. I am 50/50 but have a huge problem as many games I played I was clearly better then the team i just lost too. I think this system needs a total revamp for solo queue. This probable works great for 5v5 pre-made but it has really deterred me from the game.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Might I add a vote to kick player option, as I can see. the logic being you don't want people leaving because the other team got the champ you wanted.