Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco guide by a 1700+ player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSiOnInG

03-09-2011

which is why shaco rapessssss, gets both buffs so fast, and ganks like a boss

Mjytresz

03-09-2011

Quote:
ZXFlip:
No mention of AP shaco. Would like to hear the thoughts on that.

AP Shaco is a viable build. You have 3 options:

1) Roll a new summoner, lower level players are dumb enough not to suspect 20+ boxes in the bushes
2) Since the only real AP skill Shaco has is Shiv, you'll be the hardest hitting champ on your team once every 10 seconds or so. Make sure to run for dear life since you have no survivability and no real damage aside from Shiv.
3) Of course, you have your clone once every 30-40 seconds or so, which does even less damage than you do. However, the explosion is what you really want so whether you're hitting 1's or 5's on enemy champs, it doesnt matter since you'll be chipping away 5-10% of their health every explosion.

All serious Shaco players use AP.

ViSiOnInG

03-09-2011

bahaha It is pretty amusing though, I troll jungle AP shaco all the time with my RL friends(in normals). Snowball items are so good when you are a lot better than the enemy team baha... then again I've gotten super duper fed and still lost when the game lasts too long because even when you are super fed.... you dont do anything in teamfights.. just one big nuke every 8 seconds.

Symmon

03-09-2011

+1 I learned something and you explained everything with logic I understand.

Now, why not attack speed over AD quints? Would be about the same jungling and be superior at madreds / wriggles / bloodrazor.

ViSiOnInG

03-09-2011

thanks dude, hmm..
I've never actually tried it, but shaco already has a very fast base attack speed. I suppose it could work. Runes/Masteries are always really preference, It just needs to make sense and match your playstyle/plans.

Kairno

03-10-2011

ever thought of lucidity for boots ? i found them to be pretty effective

ViSiOnInG

03-10-2011

I've never really tried it... In most games I want to get boots of mobility for the fast move speed which allows better map control, and more ganks. It also helps with the strategy of split pushing because you can run and rejoin your team faster. ITS also awesome for juking people.

However, as a melee hero sometimes you really have to get merc treads, for the reduction of CC and the extra MR.

Grovel

03-10-2011

Nice guide. Do you ever consider Black Cleaver over Bloodrazor, especially already having Wriggles?

ViSiOnInG

03-10-2011

thanks. yeah I'm sure black cleaver would work, all builds are really preference/situational, as long as they make some kind of sense. Personally I like getting madreds bloodrazor because you can still hit the tanks and do lots of damage. It also helps with killing baron very quickly. As soon as I finish my bloodrazor I look to vision ward baron and either bait the enemy team into fighting out of position/split up. or Quickly do baron when they have no vision.

If you have been ganking well then your team should have the advantage mid game, and in order to secure the victory, getting baron quickly is important.

EpicMadness

03-10-2011

AP shacos arent bad imho, early game rush the lucidity boots for more box planting, then rush rabadon next and dont go pure AP go hybrid, atleast include bloodrazor and lichbane on your build so you can actually autoattack your way to safety =P

so yea AP shaco build paths:

lucidity boots or mobility or merc
[core] rabadons
[core] lichbane
[core] bloodrazor
Hextech Gunblade
ROA or GA or Banshees

this build is quite fun, imho works on any champs that actually scale good with AP, Eve works with that build also, nice auto attack while maintaining about 500-600ap