Shaco guide by a 1700+ player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSiOnInG

04-14-2011

I've actually always thought Witt's End was a very under-rated item. It's sort of like a mini bloodrazor that drains mana. I tried it out in a few games and really liked it. I was playing Shaco against a team with 4 or 5 melee tanky chars.. I forgot I know they had gragas, jarvan, mundo and alistar I think.... And I knew I would have to be fairly tanky in order to do anything in teamfights so I went Witts lantern, merc treads, 2 HoG's and witts end, and Banshees. I found it really effective because with your clone you can stay in the fight longer and slowly drain all the enemies mana. Champions like gragas jarvan and alistar really rely on their skills to do damage and if they have no mana they are no longer tanky dps.... just tanky and sitting there

I'm not a fan of rushing IE, the item is good of course, and works well with Shaco, I just feel since Shaco is an early game hero, you should be trying to make early game items. When you aren't going for the baron killing Bloodrazor build then items like brutalizer/ghostblade, triforce are better (each part of triforce gives very good passives, Movespeed, sheen proc, phage proc)) . You can still work towards making IE near the later stages of the game, But I think its too much of an investment early game.

I really do think going Bloodrazor is the best build though, because once you get it, being able to do baron becomes an immediate threat for the enemies. And since you should be stronger than them early you can often force bad fights at baron, continuing to snowball your team to victory

Diesel Venom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

The game is obviously broken otherwise hybrid shaco would be viable, since he gets AP scaling on 3 of his abilities and the shiv is a combo AD+AP.

Ossus

04-14-2011

So lately i've been running Wriggles, +5boots, madred's Bloodrazor and Sword of the Divine, following up with GA and BV, perhaps replacing Wriggles with Bloodrazor if Ia fight would last thatl ong, what do you think of this?

Jarmanuel

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
so like..... Shaco is pretty weak in the current meta game imo.

And singed is the new ****ing OP toon . ridiculous change to his ult
He may not be the best champ in the game, but he is still very good if played correctly. He is amazing early game, and although
he isn't good at teamfights mid/late game, he can split push VERY easily and effectively, forcing enemies to choose between leaving their lane to try to stop you or staying and letting you take down their towers. When enemies do go to stop you, it gives the rest of your team an advantage.

And congrats on winning the contest. Your guide
really deserves it, and it has helped
me far more than any other shaco guide out there.

ViSiOnInG

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselvenom View Post
The game is obviously broken otherwise hybrid shaco would be viable, since he gets AP scaling on 3 of his abilities and the shiv is a combo AD+AP.
Well not really, his CD's are too long, jitb and clone(aoe too small) don't really do anything in teamfights(AP wise)

@Ossus I'm not sure if SOTD passive applies to the clone, I think Witts end would be better in place of sotd.

@Vgfanatic1 Idunno, tanky dps > shaco. And I really think singed is the ****ing anti-shaco. singed can just push all day or defend against you, and shaco can't 1v1 him.

Jarmanuel

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
Well not really, his CD's are too long, jitb and clone(aoe too small) don't really do anything in teamfights(AP wise)

@Ossus I'm not sure if SOTD passive applies to the clone, I think Witts end would be better in place of sotd.

@Vgfanatic1 Idunno, tanky dps > shaco. And I really think singed is the ****ing anti-shaco. singed can just push all day or defend against you, and shaco can't 1v1 him.
Lol, I didn't even realize I was quoting you (I practically just repeated some of the stuff you said in your guide). Although I barely ever see Singer in games (normal or ranked) and I've never faced him as Shaco, but he does seem very anti-Shaco'y. Something to look forward to in the future =) .

ViSiOnInG

04-16-2011

hahaha. singed is real annoying =p

ViSiOnInG

04-18-2011

b

ViSiOnInG

04-21-2011

necro'd

DA

04-21-2011

Why wouldnt they just use Regi's guide if they are going to solomid?