Shaco guide by a 1700+ player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSiOnInG

04-12-2011

no problem, keep practicing! try to understand/admit the mistakes you make, it will help you become a better player

Jokersfist

04-12-2011

im sure im gonna get ridiculed for my shaco build, but! its pretty effective if you get his mechanics down. what i do is i play him like a banker. you start out with an amplyfying tome and a health pot. with summoner abilities like teleport and ignite (or exhaust) teleport to the tower your going to lane in. buff up the bushes fast. get an easy fb hit level 2 get two shiv hit level 3 up boxes once more hit 4 get decieve. its about this time that you usually have to go b. with around 1100 and teleports cd usuable again. i then upgrade the tome to a kage and then buy a philosophers stone for survivability + revenue. i then try to wait til i can buy 4 more kages. after buying the kages keep harassing with two shiv boxes and decieve. once you hit around 3k or whatever from your massive gold rush you get. sell a kages for a rabadons (this makes you an extremely powerful early gamer) then when you have a little bit of money you upgrade the philosophers into the revive item. you use this for the ms boost to get away. after doing this the next item on the list is either morellos or lich bane. its a personal preference that i go for lich bane. with lich bane your likely around 410 ap. thats a good bit of damage considering your probly about 20 minutes in. and you can spam lich banes passive ability quite alot with shacos abilities. = a lot of damage. after you get the one you started with get the other. then after that get a hextechs gunblade and then get a void staff, rabadons, or zhonyas. they all work pretty effectively. i know these are all very high end items. but because of the gold gain its not actually that late game. besides after you have rabadons and lich bane your pretty much one of the heaviest hitters and can take down turrets at your leisure. now, this build uses no boots. but.. if you know how to use your item abilities and decieve. you wont really need them anyways, or you can just eat whoevers trying to kill you with 1k shiv damage 700 dmg auto with lich wait a second, decieve and pull an 800 dmg auto. and if need be clone. on a scale of 1-10 of difficulty and how good the player needs to be i'd put it like a 7. you dont have to be great. but you need to understand how to escape, time things, etc.
anyways. thats how i play him. and i do really good.. besides. its more fun trolling with no boots ^^

ViSiOnInG

04-12-2011

^ Lol I don't even know what to say to that, sounds like a troll =\ .

but uhm... Ap shaco is not a viable strategy/build. You can only do well when you are exceptionally more skilled than your opponents, and even then the late game uselessness of AP shaco can often lead to losses. I've played normals with AP shaco and have gotten 20 stacks and still lost, have gone 8-0 and become useless end game. Once people build MR and tanks start checking bushes for jitb's then all you can do is cast a shiv every 7 seconds. Even if it does do 800 dmg.

Polokins

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokersfist View Post
what i do is i play him like a banker.
wat

RiseTheFall

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
@ Cayten Shift. Since you are not level 30 it will be difficult to jungle with anyone other than warwick or nunu. Both heroes are pretty simple to use and are good junglers for beginners to use.

@ LeJamon. This is just what I found to work best for me. With Runes + Masteries you will have 24 Armor Pen and no jungle minions have more than 24 armor, armor pen cannot go into the negatives.
I believe the highest armorpen on non baron monster is dragon at 24, which you're not solo'ing baron so 3 armor pen doesn't really matter. But very nice.

Jokersfist

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
^ Lol I don't even know what to say to that, sounds like a troll =\ .

but uhm... Ap shaco is not a viable strategy/build. You can only do well when you are exceptionally more skilled than your opponents, and even then the late game uselessness of AP shaco can often lead to losses. I've played normals with AP shaco and have gotten 20 stacks and still lost, have gone 8-0 and become useless end game. Once people build MR and tanks start checking bushes for jitb's then all you can do is cast a shiv every 7 seconds. Even if it does do 800 dmg.
thats the thing about this shaco build. its actually pretty useful all game. unless your playing a team of straight tanks who build straight tank. otherwise you are literally screwed.

ViSiOnInG

04-12-2011

^ IMO, AP shaco is not useful at all end game, no matter what you build/do. Ap shaco basically has one nuke, two-shiv, and if you get lichbane+decent AP you can use deceive as a "nuke". The problem with that is using deceive puts you in immediate danger, and with a bunch of AP items, after the initial deceive hit you arent going to be a threat. jitb's become useless end game, and can't really be used during team fights. the AOE damage on the ultimate is decent, but the range of the explosion is pitiful. Any real AP champ is better than AP shaco, hence.... troll build

ViSiOnInG

04-12-2011

also... I won the guide contest!!! thanks for the support/views !

ViSiOnInG

04-13-2011

so like..... Shaco is pretty weak in the current meta game imo.

And singed is the new ****ing OP toon . ridiculous change to his ult

DrDoomMD

04-13-2011

He was good before the change. I'd wish theyd change it back so no one would use him again and I can continue to own. As for this shaco build it is awesome I got into jungle shaco with this and I wreck. Only confusing thing for me still is what to get after wriggles. I've been getting a pick axe or the recurve bow for the attack speed for the red buff activation then building into madreds. If not that I rush IE but I know you aren't a fan of that vision. But I was wondering would that one item work? The 35ad 30mrand when you're below some hp you get the shield? I forget the name. Ah yes! Hexdrinker. Also I saw a jungle shaco get madreds razors then build a wits end, for the Mr so fail.