Doran's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bostafu

02-07-2010

I'm just wondering if their are situations where it could be good to get more than one doran item. Let's say I'm a mage and I want to go straight for Archangel's staff or soulstealer or any mage item which offer no survivability, do you think it would be worth buying an additional doran's shield/ring to be less squishy?

KoreanRacials

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostafu View Post
I'm just wondering if their are situations where it could be good to get more than one doran item. Let's say I'm a mage and I want to go straight for Archangel's staff or soulstealer or any mage item which offer no survivability, do you think it would be worth buying an additional doran's shield/ring to be less squishy?
No. it's true that doran's ring is very good for its cost, but it's not worth getting later on other than beginning of the game.

Think of other items u get as 'investments'. investments you get, to make better items later on in the game. Doran's ring cannot be upgraded any further, so it is not an investment. Hence, late mid-game and late game you'll pay the consequences

Infiniteri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

I've been using 2 Doran's Rings on Nunu for quite some time, and I have to say that it works out very well. You absolutely dominate early game, and you very easily make back the money because it usually nets me a first blood or an early kill.
I got the idea from DanDinh's guide to Nunu, and he's quite an accomplished player so I thought I would just give it a try. It seems to work for me. Go ahead and try it. If you feel that it stunts your mid/late game, you don't have to do it. But, I know that it can work pretty well.
(In Dan's build, he gets 2 doran's rings immediately, and this gives you an extra 200+ health along with some AP and mana regen. It's a very powerful item combo early game)

Kesshisan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2010

While playing Mundo if I am not jungling I will get 1 Doran's Shield, level 1 boots, a 2nd Doran's Shield, finish boots (which boots I use are game dependant) and then 2 more Shields. Yes, 4 Doran's Shields. The thing is, you can have 4 Doran's Shields by level 6 or 7 if you're good at last hitting and/or get a few kills and assists.

It's not always the best strategy, but with a Champion like Mundo, this will boost his early game considerably.

kastr

02-07-2010

they should make an item that branches off of all the doran items

skowroshima

02-07-2010

I've recently started to get 3 Doran's Shield with singed, really helps him own the early game.

junster

02-08-2010

I can see it viable on some1 like viegar.

Wortel

02-08-2010

If you need more survivability after your Doran's, I can recommend an early Heart of Gold. The item itself is already quite cost-effective, and you will quickly recover the lost money, while your early survivability is improved dramatically.

To the above poster who gets 4 Doran's Shields on Mundo: after your starting Doran's shield (good idea on him), try taking 2 (or 3) Hearts of Gold instead. They work much better on Mundo, since health directly adds to his regeneration, and therefore flat health regen is not really needed (Flat health also increases the regen from his ultimate). And you will quickly get your money back, so your late game does not suffer too much (it suffers hardly at all, actually).