A mass ban wave is a bad idea

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Skilled Noob

Member

03-09-2011

I got banned and I know why I got banned. I probably deserved the ban. I went a little bit overboard sometimes when I flamed people.

But now all the banned people are creating smurf accounts and causing such chaos in the noob bracket of LoL. think about how many newbies are being scared away at this very moment. And what can I do? I want to keep playing LoL like everyone else, so I will smurf until my main account is unbanned on march 23rd. Just sayin'. Mass ban was a bad idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FakeOrgans

Senior Member

03-09-2011

And not banning is a better way? QQing will always happen. You have a life, use it. No need to play video games all day to spend it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Skilled Noob

Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeOrgans View Post
And not banning is a better way? QQing will always happen. You have a life, use it. No need to play video games all day to spend it.
I would be doing homework right now. But I finished it at school because I'm beast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tendresse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-09-2011

It's a good idea. The smurfing is a necessary evil. They'll get bored out of it in a day or two.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byakk087

Senior Member

03-09-2011

My guess is that if they'd gotten banned at all, they would have just created smurf accounts to complain about it anyway. The fact they're doing it en masse is secondary to the fact it'd likely have happened anyway - it would have just been smaller incidents over time.

People complained that they didn't do enough about AFKers, trolls, feeders, and jerks in the game. They go through and backhand a fair number of them with varying degrees of disciplinary action from suspension to possibly outright bans. And people complain that it happened at all.

Make up your god**** minds, people. Do you want'em to act on the reports or not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BriefEternity

Senior Member

03-09-2011

How is it bad? If you guys continue your behavior, you will be perma-banned in the next wave. If you wish to start a new account and continue your behavior, that account will be banned as well. The goal is, you will either stop being a jackass or you will simply quit the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inspektah Deck

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skilled Noob View Post
because I'm beast.
Because you're still in high school you mean.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BackD00rBandit

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skilled Noob View Post
I got banned and I know why I got banned. I probably deserved the ban. I went a little bit overboard sometimes when I flamed people.

But now all the banned people are creating smurf accounts and causing such chaos in the noob bracket of LoL. think about how many newbies are being scared away at this very moment. And what can I do? I want to keep playing LoL like everyone else, so I will smurf until my main account is unbanned on march 23rd. Just sayin'. Mass ban was a bad idea.
This pretty much sums up riots ban system. http://img141.imageshack.us/f/tryndamere1.jpg/ you prob did not get banned for a legit reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sammich kek

Senior Member

03-09-2011

Sometimes these things have to be done...

Blizzard banned about 12 of my "special" world of warcraft accounts once and I lost a ton of money.. they lost a ton of money... "Banwaves" aren't just hard on the community, they are hard on the company as well.


But it's for the best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Skilled Noob

Member

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriefEternity View Post
How is it bad? If you guys continue your behavior, you will be perma-banned in the next wave. If you wish to start a new account and continue your behavior, that account will be banned as well. The goal is, you will either stop being a jackass or you will simply quit the game.
Yeah, when my acc gets un-banned im not going to rage as much as I was raging before.

but the thing is, there will always be people that report for no reason. that adds up = ban


123