How am I supposed to be prepared for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViolentSymphony

03-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin1373 View Post
Or, another option is to find a guild/clan and have you do the invites for the pre-made 3v3 ranked or 5v5. The way I understood it, the group leader is the person for whom most of the opposition team's ELO is based around... so if your ELO is 640, then it would look for other lower level people... and if you can find a couple of solid players to play with, you should be able to climb out of the hole a lot faster than doing solo ranked. Plus you get the added benefit of learning from better players, so you get better as well.
That works for pre-made, but for solo queue, you have to cross your fingers and hope that they are better than you, because if they aren't then you are screwed twenty ways to Sunday. If you wind up Carrying your team, then they miraculously wind up feeding. I was playing as Malphite, and the only other person who had a positive ratio was our Cho'Gath, and the carries might as well have lit themselves on fire to save the enemies time.

Dieinpeace1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanDream View Post
Map Awareness <-----

Prevents you from being ganked
& Gives oppurtunity for ganking

Only way you can win.~

Difference between ranked & normal:

- People know how important Dragon is
- People know how important Towers are
- People know how important having a jungler is.
- People actually choose Heroes that makes the team solid. (Tank, Jungler, Support, AD Carry, AP Carry)
-People actually try to win.
Don't read into this guys advice too much. He either A) hasn't played much ranked at all. B) done all premade, Or C) has gotten extremely lucky with teammates in solo queue.

Best advice i would say is read up on a few guides and videos about map awareness, Last hitting, and Positioning. Then jump in and try and learn as much as you can from every game. Don't think theirs too many guides on these but you can also look up countering/ counter picking, and lane matchups.

Enjuine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Best advice I can give is to try to get your teammates to communicate. Facilitate positive discussion. Sounds odd, but if people are actually coordinating, it helps tremendously.

Have good map awareness. Every 10-20 seconds, take note of where every champion is on the map. Pay special attention to the lanes next to you/with strong gankers/fast moving champions.

Buy wards. Try to get your team to buy them too. If you can't, make sure to have 1 for yourself so at least you don't get ganked. Keep Dragon and Baron warded if they are up/soon to be up.

LuckSkillVictory

03-18-2011

first things first have a full page of runes for at least 2 roles idk how many people ive seen in ranked first time that feed early due to having 78 less health and a noticible amount less of other stats. seriously 10 armor 15 mr 78 health and 10 ad is huge early, and unless you are super defensive you will end up zoned or giving up fb unless there is a huge skill diff in lane.

VincentKrys

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualCollision View Post
This guy knows my pain apparently.
hahaha