Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How am I supposed to be prepared for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GarnetJewel

03-09-2011

I've done about 5 ranked matches and concluded several things

1) I am not ready for ranked. I don't know enough
2) There are many things I will NEVER learn from playing unranked matches (wards,
team compisition etc). In my time of going from 1-30 I've played less than 10
games were my team bought wards.
3) Playing with/against people better than you makes you learn things about 50 times faster.
Learning from a superior is enemy isn't as good because once they get fed enough they
don't need to use tactics anymore

But the entire point of ELO is pair me with people as good as myself. Than i won't learn anything from ranked

Dromore

03-09-2011

I haven't played ranked yet (only lvl 24) but this guide helped me out quite a bit:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/madmacks-tips-for-solo-queue-ranked-games-53310

Flying936V

03-09-2011

The best thing you can do is take the plunge and jump right into ranked matches; learning on the fly.

If you don't like this approach you can always watch streams from high ranked players. Search CLG Streams on Google for a good start.

Stormwake

03-09-2011

I wish i could tell you that jumping into ranked was something you could work up to. Unfortunately with the current ranking/MM system you will have a very hard time jumping into ranked. It's a very frustrating experience for everyone except the very high elo players right now, and some of them may even argue against that.

impaLio

03-09-2011

Map Awareness <-----

Prevents you from being ganked
& Gives oppurtunity for ganking

Only way you can win.~

Difference between ranked & normal:

- People know how important Dragon is
- People know how important Towers are
- People know how important having a jungler is.
- People actually choose Heroes that makes the team solid. (Tank, Jungler, Support, AD Carry, AP Carry)
-People actually try to win.

Flying936V

03-09-2011

Quote:
KoreanDream:
Difference between ranked & normal:

- People know how important Dragon is
- People know how important Towers are
- People know how important having a jungler is.
- People actually choose Heroes that makes the team solid. (Tank, Jungler, Support, AD Carry, AP Carry)
-People actually try to win.

You haven't played many ranked matches, have you?

impaLio

03-09-2011

Quote:
Flying936V:
You haven't played many ranked matches, have you?

1500 elo

Snosauce

Recruiter

03-10-2011

dont even waste your time. everyone in the low elo brackets are horrible at the game and will feed until the sun comes up so its either play ranked at a low elo and lose every game even though you're playing like a pro or just dont lol at all

Griffin1373

03-10-2011

Or, another option is to find a guild/clan and have you do the invites for the pre-made 3v3 ranked or 5v5. The way I understood it, the group leader is the person for whom most of the opposition team's ELO is based around... so if your ELO is 640, then it would look for other lower level people... and if you can find a couple of solid players to play with, you should be able to climb out of the hole a lot faster than doing solo ranked. Plus you get the added benefit of learning from better players, so you get better as well.

DualCollision

03-12-2011

Quote:
Snosauce:
dont even waste your time. everyone in the low elo brackets are horrible at the game and will feed until the sun comes up so its either play ranked at a low elo and lose every game even though you're playing like a pro or just dont lol at all

This guy knows my pain apparently.