Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chuckles22

02-06-2010

Hey I am currently playing Amumu and i can do pretty well, but i am running into a really difficult situation. I use to play him before he was nerfed hard, you remember when he could actually kill **** early game. Well currently playing him I am running into a gold problem. I know he can farm pretty well alone But its generally the early game I am having problems with. Also note I build him as a tank.

Any advice will be helpful.

Foreshadowed

02-07-2010

Well..if you're having problems early game with money (I assume you're laning) it's probably because you're in a lane that makes it difficult for Amumu to last hit without getting harassed too hard.

If it looks like you'll get a difficult lane just jungle, you'll probably get more money doing that anyways.

edit: I looked at some of your Amumu builds you're not really building him right to tank or deal damage, that might be your issue..

chuckles22

02-07-2010

Would you recommend not getting the Phils stone? Should i get heart of gold instead? I just feel that the mana regen helps a whole hell of a lot more than any extra armor or health, but than again i do try to build him as a tank, and it is fairly cheaper...

h3w0

02-07-2010

I like a philo stone on Amumu. Also, if your lane isn't conductive to walking up to creeps and headbutting them, timing tantrums for last hits will be your friend. It's cheap and can get you 2 creeps or more i you time it.

chuckles22

02-07-2010

Yea, I remember when tantrum was a bit easier to time, Just not use to it being only 75 dmg. It is really **** painful.

imbri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

I've found that he is pretty weak early game - until about 9ish. I second the bit about using tantrum as your last hit.

The gear that works well for me is:
start: Regrowth Pendant
return to buy full Sunfire Cape & boots - or any pieces along the way
Pendant->Warmogs
Boots->Sorceror's

That's as long as most games last, beyond that I start building Frozen Heart or a second Sunfire, depending on the enemy.

If the game lasts insanely long I'll get a Phantom Dancer - just for the speed really, for kicks, or a third Sunfire.

Once I get the 1st Sunfire I'm usually golden, the trick is getting to that point safely. A lot is going to depend on your lane, obviously :P.

Many players are surprised at how good Amu can be - I know this because they stand there and fight me then swear in /all when they die :P. Most players shouldn't be that dense, but you know, that drive to kill a hero (esp. one you think sucks) can override sanity and you can use this to your advantage.

Note: I'm in the early 20s level wise, and can't afford any T3 runes yet (i know, I should have saved, but I was/am a new player... learned the hard way). Were I to have a full book of T3s, my starting item would change. Not sure to what yet though.

Nomir

02-07-2010

I like to play as Amumu, and I find a Doran's Shield and a health pot work well. I usually try to have a ranged lane partner to help. I also find I can walk up to the back row creeps and Tantrum the creeps and a hero. I then walk back. I usually find I can take a few hits and after doing this a couple of times the enemy will move back when I walk forward. Other than this I just try to go in for the last hit.

Danulas

02-07-2010

I like to start with Ruby Crystal and then build a Heart of Gold.

It makes the early game a little less stressful on Amumu players because it gives him much needed survivability and much needed income.

Last hitting with Tantrum isn't practical because of how much mana it requires vs Amumu's mana pool.