Is there a GOOD reason why Trundle isn't picked more in normal and ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jin32

03-09-2011

Trundle's an amazing enemy jungle invader, rivaled only by Nunu from my experience. Trundle also has the option to go sustained jungle over ganking jungle routes depending on how your team set up is against the enemy team's. He's also one safe jungler as he can get out of ganks by running away and blocking the path behind him with his rock. While he has no hard CC to lock down an opponent for ganks, his steroids make up for it by being able to get in there fast and slowing the retreating foes quite significantly. (Seriously, that rock slow feels like your not even moving)

I think the reason why most people don't like playing as him, is that he doesn't fit well with some team comps which deters other's from trying him out.

nezwulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

He is fun to play, I played him a lot during his free week. I guess he isn't played in solo queue due to two reasons -
1) There are better junglers and gankers than him.
2) His ult doesn't do much when casted on glass cannons, which are abundant in solo queue.

Arcanist

03-09-2011

I played Trundle when he was free and if you are good at tanky DPS, you will know exactly what to do and to build on trundle. He is very good and easy to play.

silenthunt

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil View Post
Q is just a small yellow glow, bonus damage whoop de doop (not saying it's bad, but it's not something that makes you go HERE COMES THE PAIN)

W's AoE effect is nearly unnoticeable, again makes for less impressive playin

R has nearly no noticeable animation at all and Trundle doesn't look any different while under its effect

Basically compare him to most champions and he is not as 'flashy' as them (e.g. Jax with the Relentless Assault *SMASH* effect, Corki with missiles, Anivia with large walls and ice, Irelia with flying blades and a loud noise, Udyr with shield/bear growl/etc, Tristana with Rocket Jump... Trundle doesn't have a BANG IN YOUR FACE spell and while pillar is noticeable enough, it's not half as exciting as some skills other champs have.'

Again I must reiterate that he is effective, just boring.
His W is VERY effective, its a short CD cc reduction steroid that makes you move and hit fast without items.

His Q eliminates up to 60 difference in damage between you and another champ plus it deals impressive damage when combined with Sheen.

silenthunt

03-09-2011

Any other thoughts and comments? Reasons AGAINST buying Trundle?

Arthas Menethil

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthunt View Post
His W is VERY effective, its a short CD cc reduction steroid that makes you move and hit fast without items.

His Q eliminates up to 60 difference in damage between you and another champ plus it deals impressive damage when combined with Sheen.
Did you even read my post?

I said he's effective.

I just said he's also incredibly boring.

W is effective but I can't even see the dark glowy effect it's supposed to show on the ground.

silenthunt

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil View Post
Did you even read my post?

I said he's effective.

I just said he's also incredibly boring.

W is effective but I can't even see the dark glowy effect it's supposed to show on the ground.
Yes, but a couple of your comments were simply untrue.

W is easier to see if you turn up effect qualities as with every other skill in the game.

Arthas Menethil

03-09-2011

I run full quality settings.

Not a single one of my comments have said that his abilities are ineffective in any way. Please go back and read them again.

silenthunt

03-09-2011

I thought "W's AoE effect is nearly unnoticeable" counted, but I suppose you were talking about the visual effects rather then actual effects. I can't take responsibility for ambiguity and nitpicking over trivialities.

FlipenNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

because people don't want to get banned for trolling