Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there a GOOD reason why Trundle isn't picked more in normal and ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silenthunt

03-09-2011

I need some good reasons with supporting evidence e.g. his scaling, support, viability etc. because I'm considering buying Trundle and I wanna get all my facts straight.

Don't tell me things like because he doesn't look cool or because he takes more skill to play, I understand all that. But surely Trundle must have some sort of shortcomings that causes people to not play him often in high elo and pick other champs instead?

axewind

03-09-2011

because hes a peice of trash

ItchyProphet

03-09-2011

People want to play the other OP chars. Because Trundle has a slightly different play style, he was never really looked at. I main Trundle in my 'Mighty Pick' List.

BigDaddyDelish

03-09-2011

Because he isn't Irelia.

He is certainly strong though, definitely underrated. However, when it comes to the melee dps class, I prefer Yi. I dunno, he's just really fun to play.

I have Trundle and I do pick at him here and there just because he is a fun character to play as with some interesting mechanics, but he just doesn't fit my style very much to play more than every once in a while.

Siegfryd

03-09-2011

He's really not that interesting to play.

Skwid1g

03-09-2011

I enjoy Udyr and Nunu more.

Most people also don't realize how good Trundle is.

EbonyKnife

03-09-2011

As far as i can tell, its because theres nothing "epic" about him as far as junglers go. Its also why udyr isnt played very much.

Olaf has pretty much the fastest jungle, can actually carry pretty darn hard. WW is the safest, most idiotproof jungler in the world with the lamest level 6 gank known to man. Shaco is one of the fastest jungle gankers, great early game.

Trundle has a cool wall thing i guess.

ssmonkey

03-09-2011

I think it is because the other junglers/bruisers are more established in their roles. For example, Warwick has his ult which is an easy marker for the rest to target and shuts down one enemy for a few seconds.

Trundle has less of a defined role mainly because he has no hard/reliable/easy to land CC to ensure ganks are successful, therefore he depends a lot more on the team mates in the lane he is ganking having some form of CC, unlike Warwick, Nunu, Udyr or stealth like Shaco.

Nothing to do with his viability or scaling as he performs fine throughout the game. He is so versatile and can do threatening amounts of damage even with mostly tanky items.

Chairman Stalin

03-09-2011

Trundle is boring , and not op.

He might be viable , but you can have more fun playing someone else.

Jun41

03-09-2011

I saw this Trundle in my rnaked game today who rushed trinity force, and said "god Trundle sucks he dies so fast even with the ult". Thats why. Everyone wants to deal mad deepz, yet trundle doesn't do that unless rushed glass cannon. No one realizes the real fun in playing him