Sivir Chalice Vs. Philosophers Stone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorano

Recruiter

02-07-2010

I get chalice early on because it allows to harass aggressively like there is no tomorrow with Boomerang Blade. It's great mana regen for dirt cheap early on when starting with a meki pendant and two health pots.

Then afterwards I get boots and vampiric scepter and gradually build into berzerker's greaves and Stark's Fervor and I'm pretty much set for health regen and mana regen for the game.

If you want to go as Aura Slave I suppose you could start with mana manipulator.

Lcr2003

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthero View Post
Chalice if im against a team where ill need MR.

This. And of course the bonus mana regen means a LOT of aggressive harassment.

ExS Perfect

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcr2003 View Post
This. And of course the bonus mana regen means a LOT of aggressive harassment.
Philosopher's Stone always, You dont have to spam boomerang blade at all. And spell shield once you learn to use it will give you all the mana youll ever need. Philo. Stone will help you stay in your lane longer and lvl more than your opponent...leading to more gold..which the stone also gives you. But hte again my build is for solo mid.

Tarion

02-07-2010

Any reason not to go Catalyst? More Mana, plus a healthy regen every time you level up.

Your actual regenerating time (I.e., not time traveling to your lane) has to be ~3 minutes without a level up for Phil.Stone to match the Catalyst. Every level up postpones that by a further 2 minutes.

oneincher

02-07-2010

Sivir should be spamming, Sivir needs mana. Sivir gets focused, Sivir needs defense.

Chalice.

Philosopher's Stone is not viable in mid-high elo brackets.

PatMcGroyne

02-07-2010

Sivir doesnt need mana regen... If you need mana regen as sivir you aren't using her spell shield properly. If they arent attacking you with spells because you are going to use spell shield you don't need need to use boomerang blade to harass them because you are going to out harass them with ricochet and you shouldn't run out of mana using just ricochet... I haven't and I have never been outlaned in mid with sivir.

Brontobeuf

02-07-2010

Chalice.

Better mana regen & magic resist.
As soon as you have it, you can stay longer in the lane spamming the spell shield.
You don't need the money of the stone, and you need the MR of the chalice.

Talking Socks

02-07-2010

You can't use spell shield as mana management unless your opponents are dumb.

IrTehBoomSwagger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

Chalice, because lifesteal will support all your life regen needs.

ABYAY

02-07-2010

I personally go Chalice.

1.) Chalice gives better mana regen to keep throwing your boomerangs. You're usually rather low on mana due to your Q and Ricochet. That means on average, you're getting at least 25-40 mana per 5 at lower levels. That's about 12-18 seconds until you have enough for another boomerang. Sure, Philo Stone has that extra gold per 5 and health regen, but remember; You're Sivir. You're a farming machine. That means the gold per 5 is barely noticable. Sure, you get a good health regen, but...(mentioned later through here.)

2.) Chalice gives some vital magic resist. Normally, Sivir players won't get anything along the lines of Banshee's Veil or Force of Nature (though Wit's End I could see.) This magic resist helps to account for the lack of HP regen that Philo Stone gives. A few health potions is all you need for survivability if you play it easy.

3.) Common Sivir builds grab Stark's Fervor. There's a good regen aura right there, as well as lifesteal. Emblem of Valour is a good enough lane-staying item along with Chalice. With those two, you get all of the mana and health regen you need, as well as some extra magic resist. Nothing is wasted.